When faced with some type of damage in your home, hiring a professional repairman is not always necessary. Naturally, if you do not know how to solve the problem on your own, employing someone is the first thing that you have to do. However, if you can deal with the issue on your own, why not make a DIY project out of it?
In order to complete it successfully, the tools are the first thing that you need. As you know, each type of work requires specific equipment, so in this article, we are going to discuss some of these that you need to have in your toolbox.
Without a doubt, this is the most important tool that you need to have in your toolbox. When working with wires, you have to be certain that they are not live. You have to be able to ensure your safety while working on this type of project, and this tool is going to enable you to rest assured that you can safely continue with your task.
In order to take your safety to the next level, our advice is to go with a non-contact voltage tester. Why? Well, because this device can detect electricity without even touching the wire. Even though it rarely happens, sometimes the circuits can be mislabeled. When it senses power, this tool is either going to light up or make a sound thus notifying you that you have to check the electricity before you start working.
This device is fairly simple to the previous one, although this one provides you with additional information. It can measure voltage, current, and resistance. Nowadays, you can choose between a digital and analog multimeter. As you can assume, the former one offers numerous additional features like thermal imaging cameras and even Bluetooth.
Due to the fact that wires come in multiple sizes, they might not be the perfect fit for the hole you have just drilled. When this occurs, which can be quite often if we are being honest, you will need these strippers. They will allow you to easily cut and remove the insulation from the electrical wire.
Just like any other tool, this one also comes in numerous models and some of them include special features. If you are looking for this tool to use during your DIY project, you should consider which of these features will be especially useful to you. Some of them might include cutting teeth which will allow you to further trim the ends of the wire, and they can also serve as pliers.
Screwdrivers and nut drivers
Keep in mind that here we are not talking about regular ones that you probably already have. There are tools that are specifically designed for electricians. Naturally, there are many types of these but you should have Philips head (the one with the edge in the shape of a cross) and a flat-head screwdriver. Also, make sure to have a few of these in different sizes because you never know which one you will need.
This is another tool that every handyman needs to possess. Make sure to go with some that you can comfortably use meaning that you can grip them firmly and also ensure that they open and close without any trouble. Once again, get a few of these in different sizes.
Naturally, you should first purchase a traditional pair, but then you should consider getting some that are designed to be used for specific tasks. For example, you can get side-cutting and diagonal cutting ones that you can use to cut the wire to the desired length. Then, consider getting needle-nose ones that will allow you to reach tight spaces. Lastly, if you need to tighten clamps, tongue, and groove pliers are the ones you need.
When it comes to basically any electrical work, you will almost certainly need these. Grommets are small rings that you insert in a hole and that protect the wire from any kind of damage and you can read more about it here. As you surely know, when you drill a hole in any kind of material, its edges are usually sharp, so they can easily cut the wire. Over time, these edges can destroy the wire, and using these is the only way to prevent this from happening.
A fish tape is a tool that is going to enable you to route wires through electrical conduit or walls. If you use it carefully, you will be able to route the wires through confined spaces with ease. You should know that this tool can be made out of steel, nylon, or fiberglass. Unless you are a professional electrician, nylon one might be the best choice for you simply because it is the most flexible material meaning that it can easily be handled.
Tape measure, hammer, utility knife, etc.
Finally, before we conclude this article, we are going to mention some smaller pieces of equipment that you probably already possess, but we still cannot exclude them from our list.
Firstly, let’s begin with a tape measure. The great thing about it is that it has multiple purposes. These come in numerous types, so choosing the one is actually a matter of personal preference.
Next, you will need a hammer, especially the claw one which will allow you to remove the nails. Then, you should have a level. You can go with a smaller type, torpedo level, which you can easily carry with you to make sure that your installation is even. Is it really necessary to explain why you need a utility knife and how useful it can be?
Also, don’t forget that you will probably need a flashlight or a head torch. In some cases, you might have to work in pitch-black darkness which means that you will need one of these tools to provide you with some light. It doesn’t matter how skilled you are, completing a task in these conditions is simply not possible.
- 【Multipurpose Rotary Tool Set】The high-performance and low-noise rotary tool combined with 55 most popular power rotary tool accessories for DIY fine work, Not for Heavy-duty Projects. Whenever you think of carving, sanding, grinding, polishing or cutting, you'll find this electric rotary unit is a must for creating your resin crafts. Owning one is like having a whole toolbox
- 【5-Speed Setting】The cordless rotary tool can realize 5-speed adjustment(5000/7000/9000/12000/15000 RPM),which makes it easier to adjust to a suitable speed to meet the power demand in different scenarios. It allows you to sand in stages safely and carefully. Even people without any experience can easily get started and control the speed easily. Micro rotary tool make your creation handy
- 【Compact Lightweight】Powerful but small and light, just like holding a pen while in use, for ultimate control and precision as well as for comfort
- 【Quick USB Charging, Longer Running Time】Rotary tool cordless comes with 3.7V 2.0Ah rechargeable lithium battery, can work continuously for 200 minutes. One charge can be used for multiple times, and the range is stress-free. Battery powered rotary tool make your work one after another. (The indicator light will turn green when it is fully charged)
- 【Rotary Drill with LED Indicator】The upgraded small cordless rotary tool has a blind spot lighting LED design. Reduce backlight shadows and overcome the adverse effects of dark areas on the use of the drill for resin, and provide you with a better experience
- ◆ DIY WITH FLAIR: With a lively colour trim, the Hi Spec Home DIY Tool Kit with USB Electric Screwdriver is a practical set of tools that makes everyday repair and maintenance easier and faster. Handy and rechargeable, the power screwdriver is indispensable for rapid and time-saving screw driving tasks
- ◆ GET STARTED NOW: Put up fixtures and fittings, assemble flat-pack furniture, fix plugs and wiring, hammer nails and hooks with the picture hanging kit. Take out the USB power screwdriver to quickly tighten and loosen all sorts of screws whether in appliances, hinges or frames – it’s so easy, you’ll start looking for screws to fasten. NB. Not suited for drilling
- ⚡ELECTRIC SCREWDRIVING⚡: Save hands from tedious screw turning with the Hi-Spec 3.6V USB Power Screwdriver. With a comfy soft grip and a LED work light, press the large trigger for a forward & reverse single-speed of 200rpm with 3.5Nm of torque. Recharge its 1300mAh Li-ion battery from any mobile phone charger or computer/laptop USB power output with the supplied lead/cord
- ◆ A BIT SET FOR ALL TASKS: Simply swap out the driver bits at the chuck head with the supplied set of the most commonly found home screwdriver sizes and types: Slot/Flat, Phillips, Hex/Allen, Pozidriv, and Torx. Use the bit extender adaptor for recesses and the Brad Point Bits for cleaning out or boring shallow holes in soft woods & plastics
- ◆ PRACTICAL HAND TOOLS: Long-nose fine pliers to pull and grip, two precision screwdrivers for tiny screws, retractable tape measure, utility-knife/box-cutter, all-purpose claw hammer with rubber-grip, a spirit level to get pictures hanging straight, and 40 piece picture hanging kit with screws, anchors, hooks and wire. All neatly stored in a portable and compact tool box case
- The Dremel MM50 has a robust design that provides low vibration operation giving you better control for precise and clean cuts
- With a compact head that is 30% smaller than other tools in its class, The MM50 allows you to get into tight hard-to-reach spaces that others won’t fit
- Exclusive angled body design delivers a much improved experience, especially during flush cuts: you have better control and more room for your hands under the tool
- Powerful 5.0 AMP motor, highest in its class, delivers pro performance to get the toughest jobs done, such as cutting door jambs, trim, baseboards or any other restoration related project
- Tool-less blade change system allows you to change Accessories by simply twisting the knob, Pushing it down and inserting accessory
- 📏【PRECISE SHAPE DUPLICATION】:Saker Contour Gauge designed for winding pipes, circular frames, ducts and many objects, Ideal for fitting tiles, laminate, carpet, checking dimensions, moulding, etc.Useful tool for operations on car bodies, carpentry and for all kinds of modelling.
- 📏【ADJUSTABLE AND LOCKING FEATURE】:Saker contour guage can adjust the tightness according to your needs. After using the contour ruler for a period of time, you can easily adjust the tightness;Once object has been contoured, lock contour gauge teeth in place for perfect traces every time.
- 📏【GOOD MATERIAL AND PORTABLE】:The contour gauge is made of high quality ABS plastic, high strength, rustproof and durable.
- 📏【ESAY TO USE】:Our contour gauge measures 5 inch&10inch ,can be used to measure the shape of irregular objects，instant template for marking precise tile cuts .You just press the contour gauge on one of the shapes.Trim outline and cut into shape.
- 📏【EXTENSIVE APPLICATION】:Contour gauge is used to locate profiles or edges and accurately transfer to the material to be cut.For any kind of work needs the contour duplication. In woodworking, auto body, auto metal sheet, stainless steel or any job of contour duplication.
- COMPLETE REPAIR KIT– This quality 16-piece repair set has everything you need for common fixes like watchband adjustments, changing watch batteries, gaskets, opening watch backs and much more.
- DO IT YOURSELF- The Stalwart Watch Repair Kit has universal tools that make it easy to fix your watch right at home. Having the tools for DIY repairs can also help to save you a pricey trip to a watch repair shop.
- RELIABLE– Stalwart offers quality you can trust. Whether you are using the pliers, tweezers, screwdrivers, link remover tool or spring bar tool you can rest assured that you have the tools to get the job done with ease and ultimate precision.
- GREAT GIFT- This set makes an ideal gift for any watch lover or collector for a birthday, Father’s Day, Christmas and much more.
- PRODUCT DETAILS– Kit Includes: Spring Bar Remover, Long Nose Pliers, Mini Screwdriver, 3 Pin Punches, 3 Holder Block, Philips Screwdriver, Case Wrench, Watch Hammer, Fine Point Tweezers, 3 Flathead Screwdrivers, Pin Remover, Case Knife.
- 【Great for beginners】Premium quality wood burning kit with multiple interchangeable tips and accessories(Heat Marking Tips including those used for Universal, Flow, Tapering, Calligraphy, Shading, Transfer, Hot Blade Tool, Stamping and Pattern Markings）can be used easily for all skill levels, ideal for most universal craft, hobby, or home DIY project.
- 【woodburner tool】110W 60V adjustable temperature Electric soldering iron,warming up faster,can be heated within 60 seconds,lightweight, ergonomic handle of the soldering iron allows you to operate at different angles without fatigue. The high-temperature protective case protects you from working on the pyrography project for hours without sweating,Adjustment range: 392°F-842°F, PLEASE DO NOT Apply too much pressure when using.
- 【Wood burning set Checklist】· pyrography pen x 1 · Soldering iron holder x 1 · assorted wood carving tips x 26 · mold x 16 · color pencil x 12 · Pencil sharpener x 1 · Carbon Paper x 15 · timber x 15 · Tip Storage Box x 1 · Exquisite storage pack x 1 · Conversion tip x 1 · Hot blade x 2 · gloves x 2 · User Manual x 1
- 【Artistic creation】Can be used as an ideal choice for hobbyies art creation,This perfect wood kit burning allows you to create on all types of wood or leather. In addition, it is useful for various designs, such as image transfer, formwork cutting, welding, hot stamping, and textile embossing.
- 【Gift ideas】Very creative DIY gifts, handmade a unique birthday gift for children and friends, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Valentine’s Day, for adults or woman friends, all It is a very unique gift choice.
- High Performance - This 12V pink cordless drill with 1.5AH Lithium-ion battery. The battery is simple to change and charge. The drill is designed with variable 2-speed settings (0-400 rpm and 0-1500 rpm) for multiple purposes
- 18+1 Adjustment Torque - This cordless drill, delivering 220 in-Lbs (25 N.M) of max torque, features 18+1 torque position clutch,which provides more precision of torque adjustment as needed. Large 3/8"(10mm) keyless chuck can provide you superior bit retention
- Highly Durable and Safe to Use - All of the tools meet or exceed the ANSI (American National Standards Institute) specifications for added safety. No need to worry about your tools getting damaged or breaking while in use. Notice: please make sure the drill driver is fully charged before the first use
- Portable Pink Storage Bag - Both the pink drill and hand tool set can be neatly and tidily organized into this lightweight storage bag. This portable bag is easy to carry allowing you to take your tools with you to work, around the house or outdoors
- Pink Ribbon: WORKPRO Tools is donating $0.25 from this purchase to National Breast Cancer Foundation, INC.. NBCF is Helping Women Now by providing early detection, education and support services to those affected by breast cancer