When faced with some type of damage in your home, hiring a professional repairman is not always necessary. Naturally, if you do not know how to solve the problem on your own, employing someone is the first thing that you have to do. However, if you can deal with the issue on your own, why not make a DIY project out of it?
In order to complete it successfully, the tools are the first thing that you need. As you know, each type of work requires specific equipment, so in this article, we are going to discuss some of these that you need to have in your toolbox.
Without a doubt, this is the most important tool that you need to have in your toolbox. When working with wires, you have to be certain that they are not live. You have to be able to ensure your safety while working on this type of project, and this tool is going to enable you to rest assured that you can safely continue with your task.
In order to take your safety to the next level, our advice is to go with a non-contact voltage tester. Why? Well, because this device can detect electricity without even touching the wire. Even though it rarely happens, sometimes the circuits can be mislabeled. When it senses power, this tool is either going to light up or make a sound thus notifying you that you have to check the electricity before you start working.
This device is fairly simple to the previous one, although this one provides you with additional information. It can measure voltage, current, and resistance. Nowadays, you can choose between a digital and analog multimeter. As you can assume, the former one offers numerous additional features like thermal imaging cameras and even Bluetooth.
Due to the fact that wires come in multiple sizes, they might not be the perfect fit for the hole you have just drilled. When this occurs, which can be quite often if we are being honest, you will need these strippers. They will allow you to easily cut and remove the insulation from the electrical wire.
Just like any other tool, this one also comes in numerous models and some of them include special features. If you are looking for this tool to use during your DIY project, you should consider which of these features will be especially useful to you. Some of them might include cutting teeth which will allow you to further trim the ends of the wire, and they can also serve as pliers.
Screwdrivers and nut drivers
Keep in mind that here we are not talking about regular ones that you probably already have. There are tools that are specifically designed for electricians. Naturally, there are many types of these but you should have Philips head (the one with the edge in the shape of a cross) and a flat-head screwdriver. Also, make sure to have a few of these in different sizes because you never know which one you will need.
This is another tool that every handyman needs to possess. Make sure to go with some that you can comfortably use meaning that you can grip them firmly and also ensure that they open and close without any trouble. Once again, get a few of these in different sizes.
Naturally, you should first purchase a traditional pair, but then you should consider getting some that are designed to be used for specific tasks. For example, you can get side-cutting and diagonal cutting ones that you can use to cut the wire to the desired length. Then, consider getting needle-nose ones that will allow you to reach tight spaces. Lastly, if you need to tighten clamps, tongue, and groove pliers are the ones you need.
When it comes to basically any electrical work, you will almost certainly need these. Grommets are small rings that you insert in a hole and that protect the wire from any kind of damage and you can read more about it here. As you surely know, when you drill a hole in any kind of material, its edges are usually sharp, so they can easily cut the wire. Over time, these edges can destroy the wire, and using these is the only way to prevent this from happening.
A fish tape is a tool that is going to enable you to route wires through electrical conduit or walls. If you use it carefully, you will be able to route the wires through confined spaces with ease. You should know that this tool can be made out of steel, nylon, or fiberglass. Unless you are a professional electrician, nylon one might be the best choice for you simply because it is the most flexible material meaning that it can easily be handled.
Tape measure, hammer, utility knife, etc.
Finally, before we conclude this article, we are going to mention some smaller pieces of equipment that you probably already possess, but we still cannot exclude them from our list.
Firstly, let’s begin with a tape measure. The great thing about it is that it has multiple purposes. These come in numerous types, so choosing the one is actually a matter of personal preference.
Next, you will need a hammer, especially the claw one which will allow you to remove the nails. Then, you should have a level. You can go with a smaller type, torpedo level, which you can easily carry with you to make sure that your installation is even. Is it really necessary to explain why you need a utility knife and how useful it can be?
Also, don’t forget that you will probably need a flashlight or a head torch. In some cases, you might have to work in pitch-black darkness which means that you will need one of these tools to provide you with some light. It doesn’t matter how skilled you are, completing a task in these conditions is simply not possible.
- LEGIT TOOLS FOR LEGIT LITTLE HELPERS – Whether you’re fixing something around the house or working on a special building project in the backyard, your kids want to pitch in and help. As parents ourselves, we know how frustrating and unsafe it is for little helpers to use tools crafted for adults. My First Tool Set is made specifically to fit comfortably and safely in little hands, so they can help too!
- 11 PIECE STEEL FORGED TOOL SET – My First Tool Set by DIY Jr. includes: Professional Grade Child’s Hammer, 6” Combination Pliers, 6” Crescent Wrench, 10’ Tape Measure, 6” Needle Nose Pliers, 1.5” Phillips Head Screwdriver, 1.5” Flat Head Screwdriver, 9” Professional Level, Child-Sized Safety Glasses, Handy Child-Sized Tool Bag, and a Riveted Child-Sized, Adjustable Tool Belt.
- REAL TOOLS FOR CHILDREN – If you’ve been looking for a real tool kit for kids to build and learn with, then My First Tool Set is exactly what you need! This kids’ tool bag is filled with real, steel-forged tools sized and fit for children. They’ll love strapping their very own, fully functional toolbelts around their waists and filling it up with their child-sized tools.
- BUILD THE LEGACY – Working side by side with your child is an invaluable way to teach them essential skills as well as proper tool safety, use, and care. This tool set is designed with professional grade materials, so they’re built to last for generations. Someday, what you teach your son or daughter will be passed on to their kids right along with this awesome set. The future starts at home.
- DESIGNED FOR LITTLE BUILDERS – We’ve carefully chosen the materials used in all of our DIY Jr. implements with kids in mind. The weights, lengths, and grips of each piece are designed for them to be able to comfortably hold and use properly, so they can help mom and dad safely and proudly! *ADULT SUPERVISION AND GUIDANCE REQUIRED*
- 【160W & 6 Level Speed】160W electric rotary tool with pure copper motor, it supports variable 6 level speed, meet the requirements of DIY; Handle with led light can work clearly in dark, and the auxiliary handle can realize precise operation.
- 【145pcs Accessories】Covering all needs of cutting, grinding, milling, cleaning, polishing, drilling, sanding, and engraving. High-quality multifunctional milling cutters can easily cut wood, plastic, fiberglass, gypsum board, laminate, and aluminum and vinyl siding, it‘s ideal for multi-purpose cutting.
- 【Alumina Abrasive Band &Tin Bronze Chuck】Instead of ordinary sand ring, our sand ring of alumina abrasive is bonded with a dense emery cloth to solve the problem of cracking in use. 3-jaw sandwich core made of Tin bronze chuck is more flexible than conventional aluminum, which fits tightly to the handle of the accessory and improves the concentricity, ensuring that there is no shaking during use.
- 【All-covered Soft Rubber & Abrasive Buff 】Made from soft rubber, this rotary tool is more comfortable to use for a long time. The abrasive buff with handle is very suitable for use on metal, glass, wood, aluminum and plastic, and can easily remove rust on brass.
- 【Storage & Support】Re-designed storage bag is convenient for placing accessories and preventing damage to the machine from falling. If you have any question about this item, please feel free to contact us, Tilswall team is always serving for you!
- PERFECT LEARNING TOOL - Lessons like woodworking or home DIY programs are no longer something that kids can get a chance to experience in school. This REXBETI kids tool set will be a great way to get your kid engaged while enabling him or her to develop an array of abilities and DIY skills. Thanks to the gender-neutral colors of the tool set, it makes a wonderful gift idea for little boys and a fab gift idea for little girls who enjoy hanging out with daddy in the garage
- REINFORCED TOOL BELT - Made by heavy duty 600D fabric and reinforced by 12pcs rivets. Durable stitching offers a long time useage. 10 pockets creates plenty of space for tools. Adjustable belt is suitable for waist 20 inch to 32 inch
- REAL HAND TOOLS - ( Tools are not toys and should always be used with adult supervision ) 14 piece real tools includes: 6 inch kids claw hammer / 6.7 inch long nose plier / 8.2 inch magnetic flat & phillips screwdriver / 8.6 inch magnetic level / 8 inch steel ruler / D-ring / 2 pieces wood pencil * 1 piece pencil sharpener / Kids safety goggle / 2 pieces spring clamps / 10ft measuring tape
- FITS PERFECT FOR SMALL HANDS - All the tool set are real tools but small enough to fit the little hands of kids, perfect for children 6 years and up
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE - Give your kids a set of real tools to do home DIY.Both you and your kids will enjoy the fun of DIY interactions
- ERGONOMICALLY DESIGNED: Ratchet handles are ergonomically designed and have an easy-to-use, thumb-operated reverse-switch mechanism
- SOCKET AND EXTENSION LOCK: Sockets and extensions remain locked onto the drive until disengaged with an easy-to-reach, low-profile quick-release button
- SOCKET FEATURES: Sockets feature Max-Drive design, a unique radius corner design that provides 15% more torque than standard sockets and simplify the turning of rounded corners
- ANSI SPECS: Tools meet or exceed ANSI specs
- EAST TOOL STORAGE: Includes blow molded case for easy tool storage
- FOR ALL TYPES OF HAIR; cut your hair at home and be your own stylist
- EASY TO LEARN; just clip, slide, and cut; trim your bangs and create layers in just minutes and salon-grade results
- GREAT FOR CUTTING CHILDREN'S AND EVEN MEN HAIR or just maintaining a hairstyle in between cuts
- SAVE TIME AND MONEY from expensive and lengthy salon visits
- FREE INSTRUCTIONAL CREACLIP VIDEOS; DIY hair cutting tool for many different hairstyles with rotating level for balanced and professional looking cuts every time
- Role play tool belt with pretend tools for kids ages 3 year and up
- Fabric tool belt has plastic compartments to hold tools in place
- Real working, soft measuring tape retracts into container
- Pretend hammer, screwdriver, and saw with real wooden handles, and soft doughnut
- Gift-ready package is perfect for storage, too!
- FULL SET (sizes 1-28) - Contains 14 double sided tools ranging from 0.5mm to 15mm in diameter. The sizes are incremental to allow a larger selection of dots and to allow for more designs. These sizes create circles from 0.2 to 0.7 inches (0.5mm to 18mm).
- DESIGNED FOR EVERYONE – These very light weighted tools fit perfectly into the hand, so they are suitable for those with arthritis, or with limited hand movements. No experience or practise is needed to use the tools or to create mandala designs. They have been used from schools to retirement homes.
- NUMBERED - Each tool is numbered to help pattern creation
- EASY TO CLEAN - Simply wipe with a paper towel, after each use. For built up paint, simply dip into freshly boiled water for 10 seconds. Use a cream cleanser to remove any stains (use sparingly). Avoid using alcohol or solvents to clean, as these will crack the tools over time.
- RELAXING – When you create perfect dots, users can instantly enjoy the dotting experience. Benefits include increased relaxation, anxiety reducing, increased focus and unleashing your hidden creativity.