It has been said that a person’s home is their castle, but if that’s true, then where’s the moat? Every good castle needs a moat! Actually, thinking about it, moats are pretty expensive. Maybe it’s better to just settle for a nice fence. Yes, that will do. Whether you’re trying to keep Mongol hordes out or a wanderlust-prone pup in, or even just hoping to add a little extra value of your property, a fence is a great addition to any home. Just think about it, setting the boundaries of your property is something that was considered important even in the Medieval ages. Even back then people had the sense of protecting their property from all unwanted visitors or some other types of dangers that they might encounter at some point.
In this case, we are talking about castles, so why shouldn’t you take some notes from our ancestors when it comes to protecting your property. So, the real question is: why shouldn’t it be as important today? This way you can prevent possible problems that you might encounter with your neighbors and some of the uncertainties to the knowledge of what is exactly in your possession. Therefore, we really feel that this is something you need to pay attention to. In any case, there is one proper way of telling what is yours and that it’s the fence. There is no better sight than waking up in the morning and drinking a coffee in your backyard, right? Here are three kinds you might want to consider.
If it worked for Leave It to Beaver, it can work for you too. When you’re looking for a fence that serves a decorative purpose more than a practical one, you can’t beat a classic like a picket fence. It’s not likely to keep anyone off your property, but it’s sure to give your house a stylish, homey look that will set it apart from all the rest. As we said, this will not provide the highest possible level of security to your yard, but you will have a stylish fence that will provide a classy look to your yard as of the whole. Picket is probably the best solution to this issue and you will be able to obtain it for a relatively small price that’ll fit anybody’s pocket.
Ranging between 3 ft. and 5 ft. in height, a picket fence doesn’t offer much in the way of privacy, but it’s an eye-catching way of delineating the limits of your property. Best of all, they can easily be customized with shaped slats, decorated with unique accessories, painted to match your home, or integrated into a flower bed to give your yard a beautiful, “overgrown” vibe. So, you can see that even with, let’s say, the first version of what you’re getting, you can still use some additional things and customize it. Though traditionally built using wood, nowadays vinyl picket fences provide a longer-lasting but no less eye-pleasing alternative.
If you don’t need one, adding a fence to your home might seem like an unnecessary expense, especially if you plan to move later on. After all, according to redfin.com the cost of selling a house is enough the way it is, so why add to it? Simply put, because even a small change can add value to your home, allowing you to charge a higher asking price. Cha-ching! Anyway, even if you are not looking to move in a foreseeable future, there is nothing wrong with adding some value to your property. That way you can provide a level your house deserves and you can be ready for sale if it happens at some point in the future.
If you’re looking to save a few bucks, then you probably want to go with a simple, no-frills, low-cost option like a chain-link fence. What a chain link fence lacks in aesthetics it more than makes up for in functionality, offering a sturdy and reliable barrier that has the added benefit of creating noise when someone attempts to climb it (consider it a low-tech security alarm). Best of all, the chain link is available at around $5 to $20 per foot (depending on height) and outlasts many other types of fencing materials.
The future is now! Admit it, you’ve always wanted to have your own personal sci-fi force field. Well, now you can. Um, sort of. Invisible fencing is ideal for those who want the practical benefits of a fence without the claustrophobic feeling that comes with building a miniature wall around your house. This is not something that’s completely uncommon in this day and age, but we can see that this is definitely not something that you will see every day. Therefore, if you are looking for something that will make you stand out from the crowd, we highly recommend you use an invisible fence. At the same time, it should be said that this is not something that will require a massive investment on your behalf.
Specifically, invisible fencing is useful for keeping pets from wandering off your property. Invisible fences work by entombing wires in the ground around the perimeter of your home while you outfit your furry friend with a special collar. When your pet comes too close to the perimeter, it triggers an ultra-high frequency warning sound (too high for human ears). If they try crossing the perimeter, they’ll experience a humane but effective, minor static shock. Perfect for families who want to keep their animals safe while still providing a sense of open-air freedom. Moreover, we need to say that this is the most logical move for people who are taking care of a large number of animals in their households.
As we said, even with the latest trends of protection of your households in this day and age, we wouldn’t say that there is something wrong with setting the boundaries between you and your neighbors. This doesn’t necessarily mean that you want to completely divide yourself from all other households in your surroundings. No, we are talking about giving you the feeling of knowing what is exactly in your possession. Having a house and a backyard of your own is a beautiful thing that will provide you with multiple benefits. Therefore, we’ve provided you with 3 main types of fences you can use for dividing your yard from neighboring yards.
- DECORATIVE: Chic outdoor screen enclosure has a wood-like design and lattice panels that will add style to your yard and garden, matching most outdoor décor
- VERSATILE ARRANGEMENT: The garden fence has 4 hinged panels that can be specifically arranged to optimize concealment in your unique outdoor space
- DURABLE: Constructed from heavy-duty resin and steel with ground anchors, the foldable privacy screen is resistant to weather and fading, providing years of quality use
- NATURAL CAMOUFLAGE: Use near your home and garden to hide your air conditioner and garbage cans, or near the pool and beach to enclose an outdoor shower
- LARGE SIZE: The divider is designed to obscure even the largest objects. A single panel measures 23" x 2" x 44"
- 🐶【Dog Fencing Panels Outdoor】Our Yaheetech dog fence is made of Premium powder coated iron panels and stakes for increased longevity and durability.It is rust proof and weather resistant.
- 🐶【Yaheetech 16 Panel Dog Pen】Quantity: 16 panels. Overall Area Size: 66.52 Square Feet. Dimension for Each Panel: 31.5”W x 24”H. Dimension for Each Door: 16.4 x 15’’ (HxW).
- 🐶【Multiple Shape Configurations】16-panel Separate Playpen design allows for multiple shape configurations and can be split into two 8 panels to meet your needs,such as the shape of rectangle, square or octagon.
- 🐶【Foldable & Easy to Transport】Rounded edges keep your pet safe and ground stakes to secure the playpen in place;its foldable and portable features aim to convenient storage and transportation for you. Dog fence is great for indoor or outdoor use.
- 🐶【Portable Dog Fences for Small Dogs】Metal stakes for easy panel arrangement; Panels with hinged door and door latch easy for entry and exit.Easy to set up no tools required.
- Designed as a portable fence for temporary Events
- Rust-Free metal bases are included. Bases have Small holes if you need to screw the base into wood or concrete (fence will stand on its own without screws)
- This fence should not be used for serious crowd control or child or pet safety. It is designed to be used as a psychological or aesthetic barrier and not a physical one.
- Each panel includes a connector piece to attach to an adjacent panel in a straight line or at a right angle. This makes this fence fully scalable to add as many panels as you need for your event.
- Assembly required
- POOL SAFETY FENCE – Using a WaterWarden Pool Fence is a great way to protect against unauthorized access to your pool area, keeping your loved ones safe from accidents. While sturdy and extremely safe while in use, it’s easy to remove for any occasion.
- STRONG & DURABLE – WaterWarden Inground Pool Safety Fences are UL-Certified and made of super-strong, UV protected Meshylene fabric with reinforced edging to prevent fraying. The maximum UV inhibitors make it suitable for all climates.
- DIMENSIONS – Each section of fence measures 4’ high and 12’ long. The spring-loaded safety latch system quickly and easily joins fence sections together, and you can buy as many sections as you need to safely surround your pool.
- DIY INSTALLATION – This WaterWarden pool enclosure fence installs in minutes by simply drilling ⅝” holes and inserting the poles. A drilling template, instructions, hardware, hooks, and insert caps to cover holes are included.
- WATERWARDEN – With state-of-the-art technology and a keen understanding of pool safety born of over five decades of experience, WaterWarden consistently leads the industry in product quality, reliability, ease-of-use, and service.
- Privacy screen is completely solid for maximum privacy
- Not Only will this screen hide your unmentionables, but it will also add curb appeal to your home
- Crafted with Premium PVC vinyl, this privacy screen looks the same from both sides
- To install, simply drive the included stakes into the ground using a sledge hammer
- Set includes 2 sections to make a right angle. Not recommended for side by side installation unless you use concrete to cement into the ground.