It has been said that a person’s home is their castle, but if that’s true, then where’s the moat? Every good castle needs a moat! Actually, thinking about it, moats are pretty expensive. Maybe it’s better to just settle for a nice fence. Yes, that will do. Whether you’re trying to keep Mongol hordes out or a wanderlust-prone pup in, or even just hoping to add a little extra value of your property, a fence is a great addition to any home. Just think about it, setting the boundaries of your property is something that was considered important even in the Medieval ages. Even back then people had the sense of protecting their property from all unwanted visitors or some other types of dangers that they might encounter at some point.
In this case, we are talking about castles, so why shouldn’t you take some notes from our ancestors when it comes to protecting your property. So, the real question is: why shouldn’t it be as important today? This way you can prevent possible problems that you might encounter with your neighbors and some of the uncertainties to the knowledge of what is exactly in your possession. Therefore, we really feel that this is something you need to pay attention to. In any case, there is one proper way of telling what is yours and that it’s the fence. There is no better sight than waking up in the morning and drinking a coffee in your backyard, right? Here are three kinds you might want to consider.
If it worked for Leave It to Beaver, it can work for you too. When you’re looking for a fence that serves a decorative purpose more than a practical one, you can’t beat a classic like a picket fence. It’s not likely to keep anyone off your property, but it’s sure to give your house a stylish, homey look that will set it apart from all the rest. As we said, this will not provide the highest possible level of security to your yard, but you will have a stylish fence that will provide a classy look to your yard as of the whole. Picket is probably the best solution to this issue and you will be able to obtain it for a relatively small price that’ll fit anybody’s pocket.
Ranging between 3 ft. and 5 ft. in height, a picket fence doesn’t offer much in the way of privacy, but it’s an eye-catching way of delineating the limits of your property. Best of all, they can easily be customized with shaped slats, decorated with unique accessories, painted to match your home, or integrated into a flower bed to give your yard a beautiful, “overgrown” vibe. So, you can see that even with, let’s say, the first version of what you’re getting, you can still use some additional things and customize it. Though traditionally built using wood, nowadays vinyl picket fences provide a longer-lasting but no less eye-pleasing alternative.
If you don’t need one, adding a fence to your home might seem like an unnecessary expense, especially if you plan to move later on. After all, according to redfin.com the cost of selling a house is enough the way it is, so why add to it? Simply put, because even a small change can add value to your home, allowing you to charge a higher asking price. Cha-ching! Anyway, even if you are not looking to move in a foreseeable future, there is nothing wrong with adding some value to your property. That way you can provide a level your house deserves and you can be ready for sale if it happens at some point in the future.
If you’re looking to save a few bucks, then you probably want to go with a simple, no-frills, low-cost option like a chain-link fence. What a chain link fence lacks in aesthetics it more than makes up for in functionality, offering a sturdy and reliable barrier that has the added benefit of creating noise when someone attempts to climb it (consider it a low-tech security alarm). Best of all, the chain link is available at around $5 to $20 per foot (depending on height) and outlasts many other types of fencing materials.
The future is now! Admit it, you’ve always wanted to have your own personal sci-fi force field. Well, now you can. Um, sort of. Invisible fencing is ideal for those who want the practical benefits of a fence without the claustrophobic feeling that comes with building a miniature wall around your house. This is not something that’s completely uncommon in this day and age, but we can see that this is definitely not something that you will see every day. Therefore, if you are looking for something that will make you stand out from the crowd, we highly recommend you use an invisible fence. At the same time, it should be said that this is not something that will require a massive investment on your behalf.
Specifically, invisible fencing is useful for keeping pets from wandering off your property. Invisible fences work by entombing wires in the ground around the perimeter of your home while you outfit your furry friend with a special collar. When your pet comes too close to the perimeter, it triggers an ultra-high frequency warning sound (too high for human ears). If they try crossing the perimeter, they’ll experience a humane but effective, minor static shock. Perfect for families who want to keep their animals safe while still providing a sense of open-air freedom. Moreover, we need to say that this is the most logical move for people who are taking care of a large number of animals in their households.
As we said, even with the latest trends of protection of your households in this day and age, we wouldn’t say that there is something wrong with setting the boundaries between you and your neighbors. This doesn’t necessarily mean that you want to completely divide yourself from all other households in your surroundings. No, we are talking about giving you the feeling of knowing what is exactly in your possession. Having a house and a backyard of your own is a beautiful thing that will provide you with multiple benefits. Therefore, we’ve provided you with 3 main types of fences you can use for dividing your yard from neighboring yards.
- Powder coated finish has a 3 year warranty against rust and deterioration
- Easily removed and re-installed (no concrete necessary); to install, simply insert the stakes (included) into the ground
- This fence is designed for semi-permanent residential applications that are not subject to intense wear an tear; not recommended for large dogs
- Each unit contains 5 panels and 6 stakes for a total of 180in of fencing; each fence section is 42in at highest point and 37in at lowest point
- Fully scalable; additional units can be purchased to create more fencing
- ✔【A LARGE SECURE AREA】Our puppy playpen is great and keeps your pets safe from others, plenty of room for your pets and the sides of dog playpen are tall enough for a small child to reach into the enclosure. Have peace of mind to contain your pet within the enclosure. You can connect more pet playpen together to cover a larger area. puppy playpen dog playpen pet playpen
- ✔【CHANGE THE SIZE WITHOUT ANY TOOLS】Our puppy playpen design allows for multiple shape configurations to meet your needs, such as the shape of rectangle, square or octagon. This dog playpen will be ideal for any pet lover. If you have any questions about our pet playpen, please feel free to contact us. puppy playpen dog playpen pet playpen
- ✔【EASY TO SETUP】This dog playpen is a must have for any dog lovers. Quality of our pet playpen constructed with simple assembly instructions will set up in minutes. Our puppy playpen assembles and comes down quickly which is very important as you don't want to be wasting tons of time while enjoying time off. dog playpen pet playpen puppy playpen
- ✔【PERFECT TO INDOOR AND OUTDOOR】Our dog playpen constructed from sturdy heavy duty rust resistant metal for increased longevity and durability. Durable puppy playpen great for indoor or outdoor use. Our pet playpen is your best choice! dog playpen puppy playpen pet playpen
- ✔【GREAT FOR CAMPING】Our puppy playpen no tools required. Once you’re done, the pet playpen quickly collapses for convenient storage. our dog playpen light weight and collapsible design makes it ideal for travel and camping. puppy playpen pet playpen dog playpen
- This fence is designed for semi-permanent residential applications that are not subject to intense wear and tear. Package comes with 2 units for a total of 113in of fence
- Assembles and installs with relative ease- no digging required! Simply insert pointed stakes into the ground
- Perfect to contain small pets or small children; Not recommended for large dogs
- Made with weather resistant vinyl with a 10 year warranty. Won't crack, warp, yellow, splinter, or rot. No painting, staining or maintaining required!
- Search "ZP19028" for compatible gate option to pair with this fence
- Extends up to 25 FEET across driveway
- PVC canister with galvanized steel end poles and 2 HDPE groundsleeves
- Retractable weather-proof polypropelene net
- For driveway use ONLY
- Do NOT use as a pool fence or gate.
- 【HEAVY DUTY & STURDY】: This metal garden fence border is tall fencing with single panel size of 44” high x 36” wide, 8 panels in total, the whole length 288 inches long. It is made of Hot galvanized and powder coated and thick welded wire to be a pretty HEAVY-DUTY, sturdy and durable metal garden fencing for your beautiful garden, yard, and patio.
- 【RUSTPROOF & DECORATIVE】：Premium decorative garden fence panels with black powder-coated finish to be rustproof and durable for outdoor use. The rustproof coated garden fence is welded with thick wires and it is an architectural structure that is durable and sturdy.
- 【EASY TO ASSEMBLE】: It is easy and fast to install with step-by-step instructions. Insert the assorted stakes into the ground. It can be installed in a variety of configurations to meet your multiple needs.
- 【MULTI PURPOSE】：Perfect to be used as outdoor garden fence, metal garden fence animal barrier, tree fence, vegetable garden fencing, path edging fence, garden border fencing, folding fencing, patio landscape fencing garden, fencing for dogs, yard fence, patio fences flower bed section and more.
- 【CUSTOMER CARE】: We offer premium products for you while exceeding the highest industry standards and offer thoughtful and considerate customer care.