Judaism is approximately 4.000 years old, hence, it is completely normal that they have a wide range of religious symbols, items, and motifs. Most of these symbols are commonly incorporated into the design of Jewish jewelry. But, do you really know the significance behind the most traditional Jewish ornaments?
If you want to purchase accessories that feature Jewish themes, you should first learn the meaning behind those pieces. And, this is exactly what this article can help you with. The text below is going to feature the most common motifs on Jewish jewelry pieces, as well as the meaning behind them. Let’s take a closer look at the article:
“The Star of David” – All Ornament Types
You might not know some other motifs on this list, however, you probably did see or at least hear about this most famous star that is featured on the flag of Israel – The Star of David. It is also commonly described as “Magen David” or “The Shield of David”, and it is believed that it came from the shield of King David. But, there is no concrete evidence that this is true.
Although there are various assumptions and metaphorical meanings behind this motif, the exact definition, and importance behind the 2 tangled triangles are not known. If you want the accessory to feature this star, you are lucky, especially since there are various necklaces, earrings, bracelets, and rings that you can opt for.
“A Mezuzah” – Pendants And Lockets
Jewish families often place a Mezuzah on the left side of their doors, and it serves as a constant reminder that God is always present in their daily lives. Now, you might be wondering – what is it exactly? Well, simply said, it is a piece of paper that features handwritten verses for the Torah.
This motif is one that is quite popular and strong, especially since it offers protection to Israeli people, hence, it is commonly used as a theme for accessories, particularly pendants and lockets. There are various ones you can choose from, and if you want to see some examples of what you can choose, you can check this out for more info.
“Shema Yisrael” – Earrings
In order for you to understand this motif, you first need to learn the definition of the 2 words. “Shema” is a Hebrew term that translates to “hear”, while “Yisrael”, is translated to “Israel”. Once you combine the two words, you get “Hear, Israel…” which is how a part of the Holy Book begins. The portion of the book features a prayer that people recite two times each day.
There is basically thousands of version, designs, colors, and jewelry pieces that you can get with this symbol at judaicawebstore.com, which means that you’ll definitely find something that fit a particular style. Additionally, the prayer is often written in the previously mentioned mezuzah, hence, you can choose to purchase both pieces and create a meaningful present.
“The Menorah” – Bracelets And Pendants
A menorah is a ritual object used by all traditional Jewish families during the 8 days of Hanukkah. It has seven places for seven candles, and it refers to a period after Israelis overcame the emigration from Egypt. It was also used later on in the wild and of course, in various temples across Israel.
Before “The Star of David” emerged and became a staple of the country, the menorah used to hold that place. But, nonetheless, it is still commonly used in this country and religion. It is featured on all types of jewelry, however, they can most commonly be found on lockets and earrings.
“Ani Le Dodi” – Bracelets And Rings
The expression “Ani Le’ Dodi Be’ Dodi Li” comes from a book titled the Song of Solomon. It can be translated to “I am my beloved’s and my beloved is mine”, which makes it a perfect gift for anniversaries, wedding day, and birthdays. It is possibly the most traditional expression used for manufacturing rings for engagements and weddings.
Since there are a lot of words, it is best if you opt for a ring or bracelets, especially if you want the piece to feature the entire expression. Naturally, you will find it in various designs, colors, and sizes, and of course, the jewelry is produced from various metals including gold, silver, and stainless steel.
“A Dove” – Pendants And Earrings
By now, you are probably familiar with the tale of Noah’s arch, and if so, then you also know about the famous flood that almost ended the entire Earth. Since then, the dove has remained a figure of hope, faith, and harmony. A lot of people in Israel embrace this gentle symbol as a way to express optimism and hopes for a better future.
However, there is one thing that you should keep in mind. The dove is often fused with other Jewish themes like the Star of David, the Hamsa, or the Mezuzah, hence, do not be confused if you see it in various motif combinations. It is usually gifted to and worn by women, especially since it usually includes other details such as gemstones or zirconium.
“Hamsa” – Earrings, Lockets, And Bracelets
When translated, “Hamsa” means “5”. It is a symbol that is formed like a hand and it is incredibly significant for Muslims, Jews, and a lot of Christians. You can see this all over the world, especially in North Africa and some Middle Eastern countries, and it is believed that it can get rid of the evil eye. It also serves as a protection charm for the wearer.
It is often introduced as a lucky talisman and it can be mixed with other Jewish symbols, hence, do not be surprised if you see it with an eye, star, or chai. It comes in various shapes and designs, and it can also be found on other religious items as well – which is kind of normal, especially since it is lucky.
So, there you have it. The symbols mentioned above are some of the most popular ones featured on jewelry of all types. Hence, now that you know what you can opt for, as well as the meaning behind a specific piece, do not waste any more time. Instead, start searching for a jewelry piece that will suit your needs perfectly.
- LENGTH ADJUSTABLE-- 20"+2" Chain Extender, 4MM Wide Twisted Wheat Chain,Stand Wear and Tear
- CONVENIENT BUCKLE DESIGN-- Firmly Connected to Six-pointed Star Charm Pendant, Wide BUCKLE, Well Match With Other Chain, More Choices
- SPECIAL IMPLICATION-- Classic David Star Israel Necklace, Religious and Holy, Great Jewish Jewelry for Daily Wear or Praying
- QUALITY ASSURANCE-- Highly Polished Stainless Steel Material, Shiny and Smooth to Wear; One By One Strict Quality Control,Carefully Selected For Wonderful Shopping Experience
- ♥365-DAY GUARANTEE♥：Your Needs Are Our First Priority. We Provide 365-Day Money Back And Exchange Service For Customers. Please Contact Us By Email If You Have Any Questions, We Will Answer Within 24 Hours.
- Wearing Sterling Silver Necklace with all Occasions. Elegant Simple Cute and Beautiful 925 Sterling Silver Necklace for Mom Mother Women Grandma Grandmother Girl Daughter Granddaughter Wife Girlfriend Sister Best Friends Aunt Niece Bride and Bridesmaid
- Unique Ideal Gift for Mother's Day Birthday Wedding Valentines' Day Thanksgiving Christmas and New Year.
- Pendant Size (LxWxH)(mm): 13.4x 13.4x 4.5; Chain Size Length: 18 inch; Thickness of Chain: 0.8 mm
- Packaging Comes with a 925 Sterling Silver Chain with Necklace Pendant
- Ship from the US Extremely Fast and Reliable.
- Women's pendant necklaces for women are made of high quality alloy,Color retention, no fading
- Woman pendant Necklace Adjustable size.
- Perfectly suit for party, casual wearing and any occasions.
- Chic woman necklace jewelry for women and girls. It is suitable for any occasions.
- Brand New. If you want to Refund, Please keep the drops and my products new. Two conditions that you cannot refund are listed as follow: 1. Product is used or damaged. 2, The drop is damaged.
- Pendant size: 1.7＊1 Inches (H*W). Chain: 3mm wide wheat spiga chain, 22+2 inches long.
- Small star of david engraved on the pendant's loop.
- Metal: 316L Stainless Steel. Hypoallergenic and Nickel Free.
- David star is widely used in daily life nowadays, not only as a Jewish Symbols, also stands for energy and strength.
- Gift wrapped: come with U7 design gift box and a black velvet pouch.
- Jewish Star of David Love pendant in 14k yellow gold plate
- Charm measures ⅞” and is strung on an adjustable chain that measures 16” with a 2” extender.
- LOVE is spelled out, and instead of the "O" is a six-pointed star.
- Star of David is actually an amulet for protection, not only a religious symbol representative of Judaism.
- Delightful gift for a bat mitzvah present, birthday gift, or Hanukkah. Pendant designed to be worn year-round by all ages.
- YOUR NEW FAVORITE - Let me introduce you to your new favorite piece of Jewish jewelry. It's so comfortable, you will not want to take it off, and of course the spiritual energy of it remains with you throughout the day!
- COMPLIMENT GRABBING JEWELRY - Imagine getting Oohs and Aahhs from those around you on your new wow cuff when you wear it - Compliments galore!
- PERFECT GIFT, EVEN FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS EVERYTHING - Looking for a gift for someone who has everything? Such a meaningful and thoughtful gift of Jewish jewelry is bound to turn into a HUGE hit!
- INFUSED WITH JEWISH ENERGY - Feel happiness and joy every time you wear this jewelry because you know that you are keeping your Jewish tradition with you, to support and protect you and your loved ones.
- Cuff is about 6 inches around and 1/2 inches wide. Made of gold plated brass. The cuff is so great and comfortable, meaningful and special. For best condition, please avoid contact with soap, perfumes or other chemicals.
- Chai Hebrew letter symbolic charm in sterling silver measures 3/4” and is strung on an 18” box chain.
- The combination of two Hebrew letters, chet and yud, represent LIFE. It’s uplifting and full of blessings--wishing you a life full of happiness and good health.
- It is the perfect Jewish jewelry piece for men and women, boys and girls.
- Sturdy and strong pendant, safe to wear in the water and never remove.
- Bar mitzvah present, bat mitzvah gift, holiday and graduation present.
- HAPPY October 2021 JEWELRY DEALS LIMITED SUPPLY GET IT NOW BEFORE IT'S SOLD OUT; Solid 14k Yellow Gold ; Length 25mm ; Width 12mm ; Hypoallergenic ; Gifts Jewelry Necklaces Pendants Charms Religious Judaica
- Stunning Gift Packaging; Each item is hand-wrapped with you in mind; Ideal Cute Gift for Family; Anniversary; Her; Weddings; Birthdays; Wife; Mother; Mom; Daughter; Son; Sister; Grandma; Nana; Aunt; Best Friends and more
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee; Lifetime Warranty by IceCarats proudly an AMERICAN OWNED and Operated Company; Certificate of Authenticity card included with every purchase
- Premium Solid 14k Yellow Gold; Our jewelry is made from High Quality Premium Materials; Gems; Faceted Stones; Swarovski Crystals and Hand-Stamped for Authenticity as well as FTC law Approved; Fabulous Value-for-Money means happy customer
- Limited Collection Just For You; We have created this personalized collection to help you celebrate your first most memorable occasions from the heart and enhance your everyday fashion decorations color statement look