There are many reasons why you should consider getting an effect processor and one major reason is that it is very affordable compared to the pedal box. Modern effect processors come with amps and a number of popular effects that will be very useful to a guitar player. The multi-effect processor saves the guitarist money and time required in getting multiple pedals.
Most processors today are user-friendly so that you can operate them through presets without worrying about a manual. Purchasing the multi-effect processor will be the right choice for the guitarist who wants to be able to modulate and delay effects all at once in one pedal. If you intend to take your live performances to the next level, a guitar effect processor can do the magic.
Check out your top five guitar processors that are evolved to offer all the major effects required for a wide range of live performances and recording applications.
5. TC Helicon Voice Live Play GTX Vocal Effects Processor
This effects processor comes with over 200 songs and presets for guitar and vocals. It is ideal for the correction of harmonies. Using the Vocal Cancel component, you can sing to your favorite song by connecting your music player to the auxiliary input. It is also ideal for the correction of the pitch.
If you need a product that has got the looping function, this is a great choice. It has a basic looping function, with a recording time of fifteen seconds (with the dubbing feature) and a record time of sixty seconds (without the dubbing feature).
You can use this conveniently for live performances. It is also a perfect gadget if you are considering practicing in your private hours. This product offers you more effects for both guitar and voice than many other regular ones.
Now you can enjoy altering and adjusting the sound of your guitar and voice getting a better harmony by adding hard tunes, doubling and more. The TC Helicon Voice Live Play GTX Vocal Effects Processor comes with over 200 preset effects and you can also download many nice effects to the existing ones.
One setback is that any recording made cannot be stored on a memory card but the loop function can still be used in a live performance.
4. TC Helicon Play Electric Vocal Effects Processor
This effect processor comes with professional effects that can be controlled by your guitar. It also features the Guitar FX combinations that make performance much easier to control. This guitar processor also offers natural-sounding professional tones. It is a nice device that gives you so many options and is also quite easy to use. It helps give your guitar sound a richer quality and produces awesome harmonies.
It is suitable for live performance as well. The foot controls are easy to use if you want to turn on/off the effect. It is ideal for the guitarist who intends using it strictly for the guitar effects, without the vocal effects. It also features many other components like the guitar noise gate, signal control, auxiliary control and so much more. The electric guitar effects can also be used by acoustic guitar players.
There are some downsides though; one effect can only control two parameters. There are also just a few types of effects with the pitch not included. You can’t set the guitar effect to HIT. You also get a pop noise when you switch patches.
3. Zoom AC-2 Pre-Amp and Effects for Acoustic Guitar
This is an easy to use interface and it features components such as parameter knobs, footswitches, LED indicator, LCD etc. it also comes with forty different effects. These effects can be used in different combinations. There is also a balance control, 3-band equalizer and an AC adapter. You can also decide to use 4 AA batteries and you are guaranteed eight hours of uninterrupted operation. (These batteries are not included).
You can filter two or three frequency ranges using the anti-feedback footswitch. You can also create and save as much as twenty patches. The ground loop hum is completely erased with the ground switch. It also has a quarter-inch stereo output.
You can maintain the tone of your acoustic guitar while using the pickup systems for amplifying. The Zoom AC-2 Pre-Amp and Effects for Acoustic Guitar offers astonishing acoustic guitar effects that can be used for both studio and live purposes. It has the ability to remodel the sound quality of different body types. There are more than ten guitar body types you can select from to reproduce the unique sounds of various body shapes.
2. TC Helicon Play Acoustic Vocal Effects Processor
This multi-effects processor offers professional effects for your acoustic guitar. It also comes with effects like flashback delay, fame reverb and more. These effects processor features an onboard equalizer, phase controls, guitar output, etc. it also features a DI that offers an astonishing guitar tone and a vocal output. The guitar and vocal outputs are actually mixed.
This product offers really cool harmonies that motivate you to sing. It is easy to use and employing the footswitch gives that natural sound and harmony. It also has an easy to use interface. You get full control over your acoustic guitar with the use of this product.
Some downsides are that the guitar output, as well as the vocal output, is actually mixed. And this can be quite inconvenient for professional performance, thus, not so ideal for serious gigs but will do well at an open mic or for karaoke bars.
Using the effects can be a bit complex but this isn’t really a problem as all you need is just a little practice and you are good to go. The guitar output is connected through a mic jack and not the usual RCA. When the gain is tuned up to a certain level, it generates a hum.
1. TC Helicon Voice-Tone Harmony-G XT Vocal Effects Processor
With the TC Helicon Voice- Tone Harmony-G XT Vocal Effects Processor, harmony is smoothly controlled by the natural play of the guitar. It comes with six reverb combinations and ten presets. Also included are voice support app for tips on managing presets and USB useful for software updates. This product does magic to your guitar tone and voice. With its pitch and tone correction controls, this effects processor makes your voice sound much better.
Now a good singer doesn’t have to worry about going flat on stage as this effect processor will fix all that. You really do not need to worry about the quality of this product as it is of high quality and there have been many good reviews on it. The quality of the effects is also unquestionable. It is the perfect effects processor for both recorded and live performance.
The reverb delivered by the TC Helicon Voice- Tone Harmony-G XT Vocal Effects Processor is very good compared to other mixer boards and they can also be adjusted manually. The tone correction is very helpful in making your guitar and voice sound better.
- Advanced vocal multi-effects stompbox for singing guitarists
- Automatic vocal harmony/pitch correction powered by newly enhanced BOSS algorithms for Natural sound with smooth tracking
- Class-leading sound quality and high-powered BOSS DSP engine for processing vocals with up to nine effects at once
- Extensive selection of effects specially tuned for vocals; enhance section for shaping core tone, plus reverb, delay, modulation, distortion, EQ, filter, and many other types For further processing
- Versatile and creative vocoder effect for generating electronic voice and talk box sounds based on Guitar input
- 70 (68 effects, 1 looper pedal, and 1 rhythm pedal) onboard high-quality digital effects, including distortion, overdrive, EQ compression, delay, reverb, flanging, phasing, and chorusing
- 5 new amp emulators plus 5 cabinet emulators
- 75 custom-designed factory patches
- Free ZOOM Guitar Lab Mac/Windows software allows downloading of additional effects and patches
- Use up to 7 effects simultaneously, chained together in any order
- Dedicated effects for acoustic guitar, saxophone, trumpet, violin, harmonica, and acoustic bass
- Looped for recording up to 30 seconds/ 64 beats of CD-quality audio with seamless start and end times
- 50 memory locations for storing user-created Patches
- 68 built-in rhythm patterns tailored for unplugged styles of music can be used in combination with the looped
- A1 four and A1X Four runs on 4 AA batteries, with alkaline battery life of 18 hours; maa-1 requires 2 AA batteries
- 【Multi-effects Pedal】: 5 effect modules including 15 effect types, providing you with a sound library.
- 【Real Drum Rhythm】: 40 meticulous designed drum rhythms, and equipped with tuning function.
- 【Total 32 Patches】: 16 preset patches and 16 user patches for you to create your own sound library.
- 【Dual Power Supply】: DC 9V adapter(included) or 2 * AAA batteries (not included).
- 【Perfect for Practice】: With 1/8" Aux in & headphone stereo jacks, and 1/4" input & output mono jacks. With a metal buckle on the backside to hang it at the waist for convenient usage.