Smart TVs are slowly becoming the standard almost everywhere. More and more customers are opting to buy this type of TV because, simply, smart TV adds to the enjoyment of using it with a variety of useful features and applications. In this article, we will briefly introduce you to the basics about smart TVs as well as our list of top 10 Smart TVs.
- What Does Smart TV Mean?
- How Do Smart TVs Work?
- The Benefits Of Smart TV
- Top 10 Smart TVs
What Does Smart TV Mean?
Smart TV offers you the ability to connect to the Internet or other smart device. They can use voice commands or hand gestures, mobile or keyboard controls. To be able to do this, a TV must have known components that we encounter with computers, such as a processor, memory, a graphics processor – and therefore an operating system (OS) that will “connect” it all.
Browse the Internet through installed browsers, watch videos online on YouTube, access social networks like Facebook and Twitter, or make a video call. Apps on smart TVs are often already installed, while many other content and applications can be downloaded from the online store.
How Do Smart TVs Work?
Smart TVs access Internet content by connecting to the cable or Wi-Fi network you use to connect your computer to the Internet. Of course, connecting with a cable provides a more stable connection – but if your TV is in another room or at a far distance from the router, Wi-Fi might be a better option.
Once the TV is connected and turned on, you will be prompted to enter the login information required by your ISP. Smart TV will display a menu on the screen containing a list of available apps (similar to apps on a smartphone). Some apps come pre-loaded and some can be downloaded depending on the brand and model of the TV. When you click on an icon for a particular channel/app – you switch to its content offerings that you can select and view. The way you navigate through the smart TV menu and manage applications depends on the manufacturer.
The Benefits Of Smart TV
The main advantage of smart TVs is access to internet content. However, it is recommended that regardless of internet access, you should also connect the TV antenna or have a cable/satellite service subscription. This is primarily because internet connection can sometimes be poor and the wi-fi signal can be weaker.
Professionals from aerialandsatelliteexpress.co.uk, like other trusted companies, can offer you satellite dish installation as well as additional services that will guarantee good TV reception. In this respect, you will not find yourself in a situation where you cannot watch your favourite TV show or a football match. Certainly, smart TVs have the option of receiving a TV program signal via either an antenna or cable and satellite service.
Top 10 Smart TVs
Modern technologies offer us so much enjoyment today so we should use it. Huge screens, first-class performance and all those smart features allow you to get the most out of smart TVs.
At the same time, once you buy a TV like this, you will know that you have done a great job – and that in the future you may only be adding some extensions to it. If you are looking for the best, these are some of the models that satisfy even the most demanding customers.
1. Samsung UE 55M6372AUXXH
The main feature of this model is the curved screen. What does such a screen offer us? With a curved TV, you get the perfect viewing experience. As you look at the environment around you, your eyes use peripheral vision to absorb the details that come from the side. Also, as you look at the curved screen, your eyes absorb what’s coming from the sides. Increased depth is what is at first glance recognized and especially emphasized on large diagonal TVs like this one.
Also, more contrast is provided because the light coming from the screen is directed more directly into your eyes than the flat screen. The image resolution is Full HD, has a built-in DVB T2 tuner, 20W speakers, integrated WiFi, 3 HDMI, and 2 USB ports.
2. Hisense 4K Ultra HD TV
The full name of this TV is Hisense 100 Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart Laser TV – and its name makes it all clear to you. Available in 4000 pixels resolution, so HD is already a standard you can always count on. This model has a whopping 100 inches, the TV is huge – and the first time you meet it you get the impression that you haven’t seen a bigger TV in your life. However, it has only two HDMI inputs, which is not enough for most users.
3. Sony Master XBR-95Z9F
Sony is still a highly rated brand when it comes to not only TVs but other devices we use every day. Sony Master is a series that leaves no one indifferent, although there are some drawbacks to its quality. The main advantage of this TV is the colour. Great, realistic colour with a strong backing and even better contrast is virtually ideal.
The Sony Master XBR is a smart TV and can be controlled via the Android app, and Google Assistant is available. The downsides are highlighted yellow colour and the remote which looks outdated.
4. Toshiba 55 Inch Fire TV
Toshiba is available for all those with a slightly shallow pocket – that is, for those looking for a good TV with an affordable price. The main advantage of this model is the price, but also the precision of colours. Amazon’s Fire TV is built-in – but the contrast is mediocre and the colours are not at their highest. Although for a slightly higher price you can get a much better TV – the 55-inch Toshiba TV is a solid TV for many customers.
5. RCA 4K Roku LED TV
RCA 4K Roku may be a brand that can’t match the world’s most famous brands yet, but we can safely say that it is a good and cheaper alternative if you want to have a quality TV within your budget. The TV has an attractive price, the colour quality is more than high, and there are not many disparities when it comes to running applications simultaneously. Still, the contrast should be much better, while the colour ratio must be better if RCA wants to compete with the best.
6. Samsung Q9FN QLED 4K
With a very high price tag, the Samsung 4K has a definite performance that will knock you off – but it is not one of the OLED TVs, which is one of its biggest drawbacks. However, the QLED technology that this TV has – can go side-by-side with OLED technology, it doesn’t make much difference as it may seem at first glance, and the width of the TV is its main asset.
7. LG OLED 55E8PUA
LG is one of the most dominant brands on the market when it comes to TVs. Although it is a bit too expensive, it has great features – even for those most passionate about technology and watching TV. The excellent contrast allows maximum enjoyment at all times of the day.
The picture quality is almost perfect – and we can say that this is one of the highest quality models in the last two years.
8. SHARP LC 49CUG8062E
The Sharp TV features 49-inch diagonal and 4K resolution. What sets this TV apart is the unique AQUOS panels made in Japan. Why are they unique? These TVs are the only ones in the world to have the fourth, yellow sub-pixel, which represents a true evolution over the previous three-red, green and blue pixels.
This has resulted in two million new shades of colour and lighter images making these TVs use less electricity. The result is a precise picture of superior hues and a cinematic experience that is transferred to the comfort of your home.
9. Panasonic OLED TV FZ950
Another acclaimed OLED model delivers magnificent image quality in Ultra HD 4K resolution, indispensable HDR, and a lauded smart interface. Beautifully designed, this model boasts incredible speaker quality. With this TV model, everything is subordinate to performance. The colours are perfectly displayed and many agree that it is one of the premium TVs with the best picture quality.
10. Sony A8F Bravia OLED TV
The Sony Bravia A8F uses the same OLED panels as LG’s TVs, so you can know right away that it’s the ultimate ultra-premium image quality that comes with acclaimed voice control and smart home integration. Thanks to the Sony Acoustic Surface technology that lets you output audio from the screen – the models are even slimmer than the traditional and have an exceptional sound. We can say that it is a truly first-class TV worth of attention.
- TRANSFORMATIVE 4K PROCESSOR - Transform everything you watch into stunning 4K with the ultra-fast processor.
- IMMERSICE CURVES TO ENHANCE VIEWING EXPERIENCE - Modern and polished, the sleek curved design fills the contours of your space with an immersive viewing experience.
- DECORATE YOUR SPACE WITH YOUR FAVORITE PHOTOS - Elevate your space with Ambient Mode+ which enables your screen to mimic the wall behind it, so you can match your TV to your décor, artwork and more.
- YOUR NEW HOME OFFICE - Mirror your computer’s display on the TV screen wirelessly and ap into your office PC to access files or work on documents using Microsoft Office 365—all from the comfort of your couch.
- EXPERIENCE THE BEAUTY OF 4K UHD RESOLUTION - Crisp, clear picture with 4X the resolution of Full HD.
- Crystal processor 4K: This ultra-fast processor transforms everything you watch into stunning 4K.
- Multi voice: Smart TV with Alexa and Bixby.
- Smart TV powered by Tizen: Go beyond smart TV with next-gen apps, super easy control, and a host of enhancements that elevate the TV watching experience.
- HDR: Unveils shades of color you can't find on HDTV.
- Crystal display: Experience crystal clear colors that are fine-tuned to deliver a naturally crisp and vivid picture.
- Easy Voice Control: Works with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant to help you find movie titles, launch or change channels, even switch inputs, using just your voice. Also available through the Roku mobile app
- Smart Functionality offers access to over 5,000 streaming channels featuring more than 500,000 movies and TV episodes via Roku TV
- 1080p Full HD Resolution excellent detail, color, and contrast. Wireless Connection: 802.11 2x2 Dual Band
- Direct-lit LED produces great picture quality with 60Hz refresh rate for fast moving action scenes with virtually no motion blur
- Inputs: 3 HDMI, 1 USB, RF, Composite, Headphone Jack, optical audio out
- 100% COLOR VOLUME WITH QUANTUM DOT: Quantum dots produce over a billion shades of color that stay true-to-life even in bright scenes
- DUAL LED: A system of dedicated warm and cool LED backlights enhances contrast details
- QUANTUM HDR: Expands the range of color and detail beyond what's possible on HDTVs
- SMART TV POWERED BY TIZEN: Go beyond Smart TV with next-gen apps, super easy control, and a host of enhancements that elevate the TV watching experience
- QUANTUM PROCESSOR 4K LITE: This ultra-fast processor optimizes content for QLED and transforms everything you watch into stunning 4K
- Dimensions (w x h x d): TV without stand: 38.2 x 22.4 x3 inches, tv with stand: 38.2 inches x 24.5 inches x 7.6 inches
- smart functionality delivers all your favorite content with over 500,000 movies and tv episodes, accessible through the simple and intuitive roku tv
- Pairs 4k ultra HD picture clarity with the contrast, color, and detail of high dynamic range (HDR) for the most lifelike picture
- Direct lit led produces great picture quality. Panel resolution 3840 x 2160
- Inputs: 3 HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2 (one with HDMI ARC), 1 USB (media player), RF, Composite, Headphone Jack, Optical Audio Out
- Insignia HD Smart TV – Fire TV Edition delivers 720p picture quality with deep blacks and rich colors.
- With the Fire TV experience built-in, enjoy tens of thousands of channels, apps, and Alexa skills, including Disney+, Netflix, YouTube, Prime Video, Hulu, SHOWTIME, STARZ, and more
- Fire TV Edition seamlessly integrates live over-the-air TV and streaming channels on a unified home screen (HD antenna required).
- Easily control your TV with the included Voice Remote with Alexa—plus, launch apps, search for titles, play music, switch inputs, control smart home devices, and more, using just your voice.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): TV without stand: 28.9” x 17.3” x 3”, TV with stand: 28.9” x 19” x 8.2”. Multiple device input/output options: 3 HDMI including 1 with ARC, USB, composite input, antenna/cable input, digital output (optical), audio output, Ethernet.
- HD: A great view. LG HD TV's screen delivers accurate images with great contrast, resolution and vivid color.
- SMART TV WITH WEBOS: webOS platform delivers streaming simplicity. Featuring streaming apps like Netflix, Hulu, Sling, Prime Video and more. A huge library of content and streaming services are all there at your fingertips.
- WALL MOUNTABLE: To simplify the mounting process, the rear panel of the TV arrives with the necessary screw holes to accept an industry-standard VESA 75 mount (75mm x 75mm configuration). Wall-mount the LG TV quickly and securely with common VESA-compliant hardware. Wall-mounting hardware not included, sold separately.
- HDMI: offers incredible audio/video quality and single-cable convenience. This monitor includes an HDMI input, so you can connect a true high-definition source, such as a computer, Blu-ray player or next-generation videogame console.
- Included components: Power Cable, Remote Control, Stand
- This VIZIO D-Series 40-Inch 1080p Full HD LED Smart TV comes with all the manufacturer accessories and a 1-year USA warranty along with a 4-piece bundle which includes Circuit City 6-Feet Ultra High Definition 4K HDMI Cable, 2x Mophead Velcro Cable Ties and Circuit City Microfiber Cloth.
- 1080p Full HD: More than 2 Million screen pixels combine to form 1080p Full HD, producing an incredible level of radiance and crystal-clear detail.
- Download the VIZIO SmartCast App: Control your TV and discover content using your phone or remote.
- Use your voice to control your TV: From playing your favorite show, to turning your TV on and off - VIZIO Smart TVs let you take control with simple voice commands.
- VIZIO Watch Free: Over 100 free live and original channels, including TV shows, movies, news, sports, lifestyle and trending digital series.