Keeping your yard in perfect condition is something that you have to do because nothing can destroy the style of your home like an unappealing garden can. Yes, this is another thing on your to-do list, but it is an essential one. After all, the last thing you want is for the unattractive yard to destroy your peaceful summer evening.
When it comes to lawn maintenance, you have two options. Firstly, you can hire professionals like AViewTurf that are going to ensure that everything is in pristine condition. On the other hand, you can make a DIY project out of it. In reality, all you need are some tools and you will be able to complete this chore quickly and effortlessly.
We are going to start with an obvious tool that every household usually possesses. The lawnmower allows you to retain a certain length of the grass and ensure that it is healthy at the same time. Generally speaking, there are many types of mowers meaning that investing in one might require some research on your part.
Also, some of them have additional features that you might find convenient. For example, you can go with the one that dispenses the cut grass around, or on the other hand, the one that collects it into a special compartment. You might want to consider the former one because the cut grass acts like a natural fertilizer which means that you will be able to cross two things off your list.
It is much more convenient if the mower is cordless, so pay attention to them and check out the excellent overview that you can read on solidguides.
While on the subject of cutting grass, we have to mention these as one of the essential tools that you must have. It doesn’t matter how good or functional your lawnmower is or how many additional features it has, it still cannot reach every tiny portion of your yard. This is especially true for the areas around the trees and pathways.
In order to successful trim grass in these areas, you need to get these sheers. These come in different sizes and you can choose between long and short-handled ones. Before you purchase these, you should think about the tight spaces in your yard that you want to reach and choose the sheers accordingly. One more thing – these can become dull over time which is why you have to sharpen them occasionally, and also make sure to keep them clean.
For some reason, most people do not understand the importance of this tool which is why most homeowners do not have it in their shed. This is a mistake you should not make. If there is a lot of traffic on your lawn i.e. if you often walk on it or your kids run and play on it, the soil will get compacted over time. What does this mean? Well, put in layman’s terms, when this happens there is not enough room for oxygen and water to circulate around, so the grass cannot receive all the necessary nutrients.
How to prevent this from happening? Well simply, by using aerators. When it to comes to these, you can go with the hand tools, powered ones, or tools that can be easily attached to your shoes, so all you have to do is take a walk around the lawn.
Electric leaf shredder
Regardless of the size of your yard, surely there is a tree or two or at least some shrubs. This means that oftentimes your law is covered with leaves. The more trees you have, the more leaves there are. Yes, one might argue that they are actually not affecting the beauty of the garden, but let’s be honest this is exactly what they do, so you have to collect and get rid of them.
You can use good old-fashion rakes to collect the leaves and dispose of them. On the other note, why not turn them into natural compost. How to do this? Well, by using electric leaf shredder. There are numerous additional features that this tool can provide you with, depending on the model you pick. Still, most of them have a few shredding settings and different motor speeds. Don’t forget to use protective gear such as gloves and glasses while handling this tool, just to be on the safe side.
Even though we have already mentioned a few tricks that you can use if you want to get natural fertilizer, if you still want to go with the manufactured one, you will need another tool. We are talking about lawn spreaders that will allow you to evenly dispense weed killers or granular fertilizers.
This tool is especially useful if you have a big yard. What’s more, some of these come with additional features like adjustable feed controls. This one allows you to choose the amount of fertilizer you want to distribute, which is quite handy if there are some patches that require more of this than others.
One of the most significant things that you have to do is to water the garden regularly. This is extremely important during the summer months when the temperature gets very high. This is something that you cannot skip because it can seriously affect the health of the grass and the strength of the roots.
You can go with the sprinklers, or use a simple hosepipe. Still, you have to be careful not to overwater the lawn. The excessive amount of water can be just as disastrous as the lack of it. Moreover, when it comes to this task, you shouldn’t do it every day. Instead, you can soak the grass once or twice a week because this way you will be certain that the water has penetrated to the roots.
Finally, we are going to introduce you to this quite small tool, at least when compared to the other ones on our list. The first thing that pops in your mind when you think about hand trowel is planting the flowers, and you are correct since this tool is mostly used for digging small holes for new seeds. After all, plants and flowers are an important component of every garden, right?
Nevertheless, this tool can also be used to get rid of the weed. Some of these even come with additional features that can include marking and serrated blades that can greatly facilitate your work in the garden.
- REMOVES TWO ½” WIDE 3 ½ INCH GRASS PLUG LAWN CORES, reducing soil compaction and dethatching your lawn while letting air, water and fertilizer get down to the roots of your yard.
- REDUCES RUNOFF AND PROMOTES TURF GROWTH. Your lawn will look better with less water and fertilizer.
- HAND HELD LAWN AERATOR WITH FOOT BAR FOR EXTRA LEVERAGE. Perfect garden tool for easily aerating smaller yards. Promotes vigorous root growth, strengthening tolerance to drought and heat stress.
- BUILT TO LAST Durable steel construction, 37 inch tool height is designed to reduce back strain and make it easy to aerate your whole yard.
- WATCH OUR VIDEO - Click the video to see the ProPlugger in action.
- PLANT LIKE A PRO – Step, twist, pull and you’re ready to plant. Dig 2 and 1/8 inch diameter planting holes quickly, one after another, from a comfortable standing position. Soil gets stored in the tool as you work and empties by turning the tool upside down. Depth Rings allow you to consistently dig perfect planting holes at 2 inch, 4 inch and even 6 inch deep. Avoid digging in dry or overly saturated soil.
- MULTI-USE GARDEN TOOL – Plant your garden favorites. Spring and fall bulbs, annuals, ground covers, vegetables and more. Makes a great lawn and sod plugger (Not Recommended for St. Augustine Grass), weeding tool, soil sample tool and drip-edge fertilizing tool.
- TAKE THE PAIN OUT OF PLANTING – The ProPlugger 5-IN-1 Planting Tool allows you to work from a standing position, saving your back and knees. Comfortable, sturdy hand grips are helpful for seniors or those with mild arthritis.
- MADE IN THE USA of durable all welded carbon steel.
- 🌱 Levels soil and dirt evenly. Get rid of unwanted dips and divots by filling them with dirt and leveling it out with the Rocklin Industry Levelawn.
- 🌱 Ground plate measures 30” x 10”. The perfect size for easy mobility, functionality, and maneuverability.
- 🌱 78” Extra long handle lets you cover more ground with less effort. Removable handle section allows shorter 50” handle if desired.
- 🌱 Will work on any type of grass including Bermuda, Kentucky Bluegrass, Ryegrass, St. Augustine, and Fescue. Works best when grass is cut to 1.5” or less.
- 🌱 Double Spot Welded Stainless Steel Fabrication. 8 lbs Total Weight.
- NEW Easy-Turn Plug: Brinly Rollers now feature a new drum plug design, making filling and emptying your roller quicker and easier than ever
- Push/Pull Combination: Convenient push or tow-behind design provides versatility for rolling tight areas or larger open spaces. Perfect tool for erasing lawn damage from moles and frost, or packing down loose dirt, seed, or sod.
- 28 Gallon Capacity: Sturdy roller holds up to 28 gallons (270 lbs.) of water or sand and is both light enough to push through the yard and rugged enough to withstand towing behind a tractor.
- Durable Construction: Sturdy poly roller drum won't dent or rust, and resists weather damage for use season after season. Measures 24" in width.
- Faster Filling: Includes fill opening with extra-large diameter to expedite filling and emptying of the drum. Can be easily filled with a garden hose.
- Delivers up to 30 minutes of run time using two 18V LXT 5.0Ah BL1850 batteries (batteries not included)
- Makita-built motor delivers 3, 600 RPM for faster and powerful cutting
- Easy to operate lever for quick adjustment of 13 cutting heights (13/16"- 2-5/16")
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for Smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- 17" cutting width for optimum performance
- Walk-behind spike lawn aerator; 16 inch wide; 5 aerating wheels with 7-inch spikes
- Expose grass to air, nutrients, and water; 2-1/2-inch aeration depth
- Steel weight tray holds concrete block, creates pressure and pushes spikes into ground; some assembly required
- Includes 1 aerator; concrete block not included
- For use with iBAT40 Series 40 V lithium-ion batteries and iCHRG40 and iCHRG40QC chargers - sold separately
- No pull cords, gas, oil, tune-ups, carbon emissions or tangled extension cords
- Powerful brushless motor increases battery efficiency, maximizes motor performance, decreases noise and vibration and extends motor life
- Compact design ideal for small to mid-sized lawns
- ETL approved; Full 2-year warranty; Energy Star certified
- 48-inch north american ash, lacquered handle for strength and durability
- Handy edger, keeps sidewalks clear of grass and weeds
- Clear-coated gray-steel finished heads
- Spray clean with garden hose, coat with silicone spray
- Tru-tough trupers best selling signature tool line