Keeping your yard in perfect condition is something that you have to do because nothing can destroy the style of your home like an unappealing garden can. Yes, this is another thing on your to-do list, but it is an essential one. After all, the last thing you want is for the unattractive yard to destroy your peaceful summer evening.
When it comes to lawn maintenance, you have two options. Firstly, you can hire professionals like AViewTurf that are going to ensure that everything is in pristine condition. On the other hand, you can make a DIY project out of it. In reality, all you need are some tools and you will be able to complete this chore quickly and effortlessly.
We are going to start with an obvious tool that every household usually possesses. The lawnmower allows you to retain a certain length of the grass and ensure that it is healthy at the same time. Generally speaking, there are many types of mowers meaning that investing in one might require some research on your part.
Also, some of them have additional features that you might find convenient. For example, you can go with the one that dispenses the cut grass around, or on the other hand, the one that collects it into a special compartment. You might want to consider the former one because the cut grass acts like a natural fertilizer which means that you will be able to cross two things off your list.
It is much more convenient if the mower is cordless, so pay attention to them and check out the excellent overview that you can read on solidguides.
While on the subject of cutting grass, we have to mention these as one of the essential tools that you must have. It doesn’t matter how good or functional your lawnmower is or how many additional features it has, it still cannot reach every tiny portion of your yard. This is especially true for the areas around the trees and pathways.
In order to successful trim grass in these areas, you need to get these sheers. These come in different sizes and you can choose between long and short-handled ones. Before you purchase these, you should think about the tight spaces in your yard that you want to reach and choose the sheers accordingly. One more thing – these can become dull over time which is why you have to sharpen them occasionally, and also make sure to keep them clean.
For some reason, most people do not understand the importance of this tool which is why most homeowners do not have it in their shed. This is a mistake you should not make. If there is a lot of traffic on your lawn i.e. if you often walk on it or your kids run and play on it, the soil will get compacted over time. What does this mean? Well, put in layman’s terms, when this happens there is not enough room for oxygen and water to circulate around, so the grass cannot receive all the necessary nutrients.
How to prevent this from happening? Well simply, by using aerators. When it to comes to these, you can go with the hand tools, powered ones, or tools that can be easily attached to your shoes, so all you have to do is take a walk around the lawn.
Electric leaf shredder
Regardless of the size of your yard, surely there is a tree or two or at least some shrubs. This means that oftentimes your law is covered with leaves. The more trees you have, the more leaves there are. Yes, one might argue that they are actually not affecting the beauty of the garden, but let’s be honest this is exactly what they do, so you have to collect and get rid of them.
You can use good old-fashion rakes to collect the leaves and dispose of them. On the other note, why not turn them into natural compost. How to do this? Well, by using electric leaf shredder. There are numerous additional features that this tool can provide you with, depending on the model you pick. Still, most of them have a few shredding settings and different motor speeds. Don’t forget to use protective gear such as gloves and glasses while handling this tool, just to be on the safe side.
Even though we have already mentioned a few tricks that you can use if you want to get natural fertilizer, if you still want to go with the manufactured one, you will need another tool. We are talking about lawn spreaders that will allow you to evenly dispense weed killers or granular fertilizers.
This tool is especially useful if you have a big yard. What’s more, some of these come with additional features like adjustable feed controls. This one allows you to choose the amount of fertilizer you want to distribute, which is quite handy if there are some patches that require more of this than others.
One of the most significant things that you have to do is to water the garden regularly. This is extremely important during the summer months when the temperature gets very high. This is something that you cannot skip because it can seriously affect the health of the grass and the strength of the roots.
You can go with the sprinklers, or use a simple hosepipe. Still, you have to be careful not to overwater the lawn. The excessive amount of water can be just as disastrous as the lack of it. Moreover, when it comes to this task, you shouldn’t do it every day. Instead, you can soak the grass once or twice a week because this way you will be certain that the water has penetrated to the roots.
Finally, we are going to introduce you to this quite small tool, at least when compared to the other ones on our list. The first thing that pops in your mind when you think about hand trowel is planting the flowers, and you are correct since this tool is mostly used for digging small holes for new seeds. After all, plants and flowers are an important component of every garden, right?
Nevertheless, this tool can also be used to get rid of the weed. Some of these even come with additional features that can include marking and serrated blades that can greatly facilitate your work in the garden.
- LAWN DETHATCHER: The Yard Butler Lawn Coring Aerator revitalizes old lawns while using less water and fertilizer. By removing two 3-1/2 inch cores, the Lawn Coring Aerator reduces compaction and dethatches your lawn while letting air, water and fertilizer get down to the roots of your yard.
- DURABLE: The Yard Butler lawn aerator tool was built to last with durable steel construction. The powder-coated steel is heavy-duty and rust-resistant. Cushioned handles provide additional grip. Yard Butler Pro Tools are designed to last a lifetime.
- PRODUCE STRONG & HEALTHY ROOT SYSTEM: It is a high-performance tool that will make a big difference in the vital health and survival of grass. It promotes vigorous root growth, reduces water runoff, strengthens tolerance to drought and heat stress, and helps avoid using excess grass supplements or fertilizers.
- EASY TO USE: Our 37-inch yard aerator lets you tend to your lawn without back strain. The foot bar provides extra leverage for quick and comfortable push so you can aerate your whole yard efficiently and easily. This type of lawn aerator works best when you pre soak the lawn before using it if you have hard, dry soil.
- LIFETIME GUARANTEE: Stop buying plastic or cheap metal products that don’t hold up over the years. Yard Butler products are designed to last a lifetime and if you have a problem with our tools we make it right.
- [POWER LIKE THE PROS] The 12 Amp motor spins the 7.5” blade fast and deep at 4700 revolutions per minute, giving you professional-looking lines and edges
- [3 DEPTH ADJUSTMENTS] Cut down at 1”, 1-1/4”, 1-1/2” depending on the task at hand
- [CUTTING LINE INDICATOR] Stay on the straight and narrow with the cutting line guide—you’ll notice a difference when you’re done
- [ADJUSTABLE SHAFT] Users of any height can find a length and comfortable position that works for them with the adjustable shaft and D-grip handle
- [DO IT YOURSELF. DO IT BETTER. DO IT WITH WORX.] WORX tools are engineered with cutting-edge technology, and above modern efficiency standards, so you can build a cost-effective tool collection that’s been designed to last
- Gear drive design of the edger/trimmer powers through tough overgrowth
- Cordless grass trimmer provides 15-inch cutting swath with DEWALT 0.080-inch line (also accepts DEWALT 0.095-inch line)
- Lightweight and ergonomic design of the lawn trimmer maximizes control during operation
- High-efficiency brushless motor maximizes runtime and motor life
- Variable speed trigger with Hi/Lo speed control to manage power and extended run time
- This Lawn Care Hourly Rate Pricing Chart Funny graphic is a great gift idea for Gardener, nurserymen and grass cutter . This print shows Lawn Care equipment tool with cost chart.
- Awesome present for christmas, birthday and holidays. Wear this product to work, party, and bar.
- Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
- Half Moon Edger
- Round Blade
- 48" Hardwood Handle
- No Assembly Required
- Unique footplate provides consistent cutting depth
- Works well in straight lines or curves
- Cuts trenches and creates clean, finished lawn edges along driveways, lawns and sidewalks
- Durable serrated 15-gauge steel blade slices through grass and turf in 1 step
- Blade dimensions: 8-7/8 in. W x 4-1/2 in. H
- For walk-behind and riding lawn mowers, single and twin blade models
- Holds blade in place for faster, safer removal
- Rigid metal construction
- Universal, fits most models
- Set of 2
- 🌱 Levels soil and dirt evenly. Get rid of unwanted dips and divots by filling them with dirt and leveling it out with the Rocklin Industry Levelawn.
- 🌱 Ground plate measures 30” x 10”. The perfect size for easy mobility, functionality, and maneuverability.
- 🌱 78” Extra long handle lets you cover more ground with less effort. Removable handle section allows shorter 50” handle if desired.
- 🌱 Will work on any type of grass including Bermuda, Kentucky Bluegrass, Ryegrass, St. Augustine, and Fescue. Works best when grass is cut to 1.5” or less.
- 🌱 Double Spot Welded Stainless Steel Fabrication. 8 lbs Total Weight.