Keeping your yard in perfect condition is something that you have to do because nothing can destroy the style of your home like an unappealing garden can. Yes, this is another thing on your to-do list, but it is an essential one. After all, the last thing you want is for the unattractive yard to destroy your peaceful summer evening.
When it comes to lawn maintenance, you have two options. Firstly, you can hire professionals like AViewTurf that are going to ensure that everything is in pristine condition. On the other hand, you can make a DIY project out of it. In reality, all you need are some tools and you will be able to complete this chore quickly and effortlessly.
We are going to start with an obvious tool that every household usually possesses. The lawnmower allows you to retain a certain length of the grass and ensure that it is healthy at the same time. Generally speaking, there are many types of mowers meaning that investing in one might require some research on your part.
Also, some of them have additional features that you might find convenient. For example, you can go with the one that dispenses the cut grass around, or on the other hand, the one that collects it into a special compartment. You might want to consider the former one because the cut grass acts like a natural fertilizer which means that you will be able to cross two things off your list.
It is much more convenient if the mower is cordless, so pay attention to them and check out the excellent overview that you can read on solidguides.
While on the subject of cutting grass, we have to mention these as one of the essential tools that you must have. It doesn’t matter how good or functional your lawnmower is or how many additional features it has, it still cannot reach every tiny portion of your yard. This is especially true for the areas around the trees and pathways.
In order to successful trim grass in these areas, you need to get these sheers. These come in different sizes and you can choose between long and short-handled ones. Before you purchase these, you should think about the tight spaces in your yard that you want to reach and choose the sheers accordingly. One more thing – these can become dull over time which is why you have to sharpen them occasionally, and also make sure to keep them clean.
For some reason, most people do not understand the importance of this tool which is why most homeowners do not have it in their shed. This is a mistake you should not make. If there is a lot of traffic on your lawn i.e. if you often walk on it or your kids run and play on it, the soil will get compacted over time. What does this mean? Well, put in layman’s terms, when this happens there is not enough room for oxygen and water to circulate around, so the grass cannot receive all the necessary nutrients.
How to prevent this from happening? Well simply, by using aerators. When it to comes to these, you can go with the hand tools, powered ones, or tools that can be easily attached to your shoes, so all you have to do is take a walk around the lawn.
Electric leaf shredder
Regardless of the size of your yard, surely there is a tree or two or at least some shrubs. This means that oftentimes your law is covered with leaves. The more trees you have, the more leaves there are. Yes, one might argue that they are actually not affecting the beauty of the garden, but let’s be honest this is exactly what they do, so you have to collect and get rid of them.
You can use good old-fashion rakes to collect the leaves and dispose of them. On the other note, why not turn them into natural compost. How to do this? Well, by using electric leaf shredder. There are numerous additional features that this tool can provide you with, depending on the model you pick. Still, most of them have a few shredding settings and different motor speeds. Don’t forget to use protective gear such as gloves and glasses while handling this tool, just to be on the safe side.
Even though we have already mentioned a few tricks that you can use if you want to get natural fertilizer, if you still want to go with the manufactured one, you will need another tool. We are talking about lawn spreaders that will allow you to evenly dispense weed killers or granular fertilizers.
This tool is especially useful if you have a big yard. What’s more, some of these come with additional features like adjustable feed controls. This one allows you to choose the amount of fertilizer you want to distribute, which is quite handy if there are some patches that require more of this than others.
One of the most significant things that you have to do is to water the garden regularly. This is extremely important during the summer months when the temperature gets very high. This is something that you cannot skip because it can seriously affect the health of the grass and the strength of the roots.
You can go with the sprinklers, or use a simple hosepipe. Still, you have to be careful not to overwater the lawn. The excessive amount of water can be just as disastrous as the lack of it. Moreover, when it comes to this task, you shouldn’t do it every day. Instead, you can soak the grass once or twice a week because this way you will be certain that the water has penetrated to the roots.
Finally, we are going to introduce you to this quite small tool, at least when compared to the other ones on our list. The first thing that pops in your mind when you think about hand trowel is planting the flowers, and you are correct since this tool is mostly used for digging small holes for new seeds. After all, plants and flowers are an important component of every garden, right?
Nevertheless, this tool can also be used to get rid of the weed. Some of these even come with additional features that can include marking and serrated blades that can greatly facilitate your work in the garden.
- WATCH OUR VIDEO - Click the video to see the ProPlugger in action.
- PLANT LIKE A PRO – Step, twist, pull and you’re ready to plant. Dig 2 and 1/8 inch diameter planting holes quickly, one after another, from a comfortable standing position. Soil gets stored in the tool as you work and empties by turning the tool upside down. Depth Rings allow you to consistently dig perfect planting holes at 2 inch, 4 inch and even 6 inch deep. Avoid digging in dry or overly saturated soil.
- MULTI-USE GARDEN TOOL – Plant your garden favorites. Spring and fall bulbs, annuals, ground covers, vegetables and more. Makes a great lawn and sod plugger (Not Recommended for St. Augustine Grass), weeding tool, soil sample tool and drip-edge fertilizing tool.
- TAKE THE PAIN OUT OF PLANTING – The ProPlugger 5-IN-1 Planting Tool allows you to work from a standing position, saving your back and knees. Comfortable, sturdy hand grips are helpful for seniors or those with mild arthritis.
- MADE IN THE USA of durable all welded carbon steel.
- ✅VERSATILE – The most versatile sharpener in the market to sharpen and hone both single and double beveled blades including knife, mower blade, pruner, loppers, hedge shears, axe, machete, hatchet, scissors, edged tool, etc.
- ✅SUPERIOR SHARPENING PERFORMANCE – As blades vary from different angles, shape, single or double bevel, etc., to fulfill the best sharpening performance for each blade / tool edge, this item is constructed of 5 sharpening parts including 3 different slots of preset optimal sharpening angle, one specially designed tungsten carbide bar, and one ceramic bar.
- ✅DURABLE – All sharpening abrasive materials pass 10,000 times field use test. NEVER WEARS OUT
- ✅SAFE & COMFORTABLE USE – Oversized handle allows for use with gloves. Large hand guard to protect your hands from hurting by blades. Rubber over-molded handle and base provide secure and comfortable grip.
- ✅3 YEARS Warranty and Superior After-Sale Service: Sharpal headquarters in CA, US with overseas branches in Germany and Australia, aiming at providing consumers with an easy and cost-effective way to obtain a sharp edge. Manufactured and field-tested to the highest standards.
- [POWER LIKE THE PROS] The 12 Amp motor spins the 7.5” blade fast and deep at 4700 revolutions per minute, giving you professional-looking lines and edges
- [3 DEPTH ADJUSTMENTS] Cut down at 1”, 1-1/4”, 1-1/2” depending on the task at hand
- [CUTTING LINE INDICATOR] Stay on the straight and narrow with the cutting line guide—you’ll notice a difference when you’re done
- [ADJUSTABLE SHAFT] Users of any height can find a length and comfortable position that works for them with the adjustable shaft and D-grip handle
- [DO IT YOURSELF. DO IT BETTER. DO IT WITH WORX.] WORX tools are engineered with cutting-edge technology, and above modern efficiency standards, so you can build a cost-effective tool collection that’s been designed to last
- EASY TO USE GARDEN TOOL SHARPENER: The GardenSharp Tool Sharpener is designed to sharpen all those single edged, hard to sharpen items in your tool shed, such as lawnmower blades, pruning shears, limb loppers, hoes, shovels, and scythes.
- RESTORE, SHARPER AND SAFER BLADES IN SECOND: A sharp blade makes it easier to get work done quickly and safely. The innovative AccuSharp Knife Sharpener lets you sharpen most blades in around ten seconds.
- REVERSIBLE DIAMOND-HONED TUNGSTEN CARBIDE BLADE: To deliver years of reliable use, AccuSharp sharpening blades are crafted from diamond-honed tungsten carbide, one of the hardest known materials. With it's unique design, the sharpening blades can be reversed doubling its life span.
- DEPENDABLE & LONG-LASTING CONSTRUCTION: Most users report an average of five to 10 years between blade replacements. AccuSharp Knife Sharpeners will not rust and can be cleaned easily with soap and water or in your dishwasher.
- SAFE, UNIQUE, ERGONOMIC HANDLE: Featuring a unique, ergonomic handle, the AccuSharp fits neatly in either hand to accommodate both right-handed and left-handed users. Includes a full-length guard that protects your fingers throughout the sharpening process.
- For walk-behind and riding lawn mowers, single and twin blade models
- Holds blade in place for faster, safer removal
- Rigid metal construction
- Universal, fits most models
- Set of 2
- LAWN AERATOR: Multi-spike design, this tool allows water, air and fertilizer to access grass roots easier and more quickly
- STURDY: One-piece design
- EASY TO USE: Unique stirrup handle is easy on your back
- CONVENIENT GARDEN TOOL: Convenient to store and simple to use to give you a lush, beautiful garden
- 12-amp high torque motor of the edger trimmer tackles tough overgrowth creating a defined trench
- Exclusive pull-up edge guide of the edge trimmer converts from edger to landscape trencher
- Three-position blade depth adjustment of BLACK+DECKER edger lets you control the cut
- Built-in cord retention keeps extension cord secure
- Tool-free assembly is quick and hassle-free
- Practical Garden Equipment: It has every basic garden tool you need for gardening, including a pruner, weeder, trowel, cultivator, hand rake and transplanter. Perfect for all kinds of gardening needs like pruning, weeding, loosening soil, digging, transplanting.
- High Quality Gardening Tools: The pruner is made of stainless steel, and others made of thick strong metal, so these garden tools are sturdy, sharp and rust-proof, which is suitable for long term use. They are heavy duty but lightweight, so it is easy to carry them anywhere.
- Durable Storage Bag: It comes with a sturdy tote bag that makes it convenient to carry all your gardening tools. This stylish fabric bag is well made and durable, also it is large enough to carry lots of gardening supplies.
- Comfortable Rubber Handle: The handles are rubber coated and so they are easy to hold onto. Besides, the non-slip rubber handle is soft and comfortable so that you can easily perform any action.
- Perfect Gift & Warranty: This nice set of gardening tools including 6 tools and a nice stylish tote bag, which will be a perfect gift for men and women gardeners alike. We will provide 45 days Money Back Guarantee and 12 Months Warranty. Purchase with worry free!