It is increasingly common to work from home and, therefore, in current homes it is increasingly common to have a special area for work or study. New technologies and the need to reconcile working life with personal life have favored the expansion of freelancing, in those professions that this type of work may exist.
The professional environment has also changed, with new job profiles and new tasks or types of companies that only need a computer, a table, and a chair where they can work comfortably. Many types of digital entrepreneurs, founders of tech startups, etc.
These are some of these professional profiles that they often take advantage of to create an office in their own home, making it their usual place of work. Especially for self-employed workers, working and living are less and less independent, but today it is not exceptional to take do everything from the comfort of your home.
In order for the benefit of this to be truly realized, we need to redistribute the space in the home and design a really comfortable and well-planned space. We must think carefully about our needs when designing the work area in our home, since only then will this place become a truly productive space, with the same comforts as a professional office.
Whether we have a separate room for this or we must integrate it into some other room in the house, we must ensure that this ‘home office’ is practical and comfortable. We must also think about its aesthetics since the area that we incorporate must fit with the decoration of the rest of the house so that it represents a contribution to the rest of the spaces.
- Here are the main elements that should not be missing in a home office:
- Other tips for home office
Here are the main elements that should not be missing in a home office:
Computers are an essential part of your office and you will surely ask yourself: desktop computers, laptops or both? The answer will depend on your preferences, needs, and possibilities. If you travel a lot, then you need a laptop. If your job demands a top-class computer, then the desktop is the right one for you.
It is essential to be connected to the web, and the most recommended is a broadband connection to save you valuable time. Be sure to hire a reliable service provider! You will need the stability and strength of the signal to be able to carry out your work smoothly.
Some of the most important are the monitor, keyboard, mouse, printer, webcam, headphones, etc. The important thing is that you have a large monitor screen, the dimensions will depend on the job you do, which is more practical, you can even have two monitors if necessary. Also, a high prevision mouse is an important and durable keyboard.
Telephone / Smartphone
The telephone and smartphone are complementary to voice over IP tools, very useful when working from home. Remember that a good and fluid conversation will help you have a better relationship with your customers. Landline phones can be useful in some situations too. Also, the smartphone can serve you for many things while you are not at home, close to your computer.
In case you work from home you will need a great chair with back and neck support. This is important because freelancers know to stay up late working on some projects and dealing with back pain is something they don’t need.
Your office must have good lighting, try as much as possible to be natural, as this will help you avoid headaches and eyestrain. There are plenty of options and smart LED lights allow you to adjust them the way you want them.
Essential to give you practicality, stay connected, help you be more productive, and speed up time. Some of these software applications are email, voice over IP applications, instant messaging, smstrackers.com, automatic back-up programs, among others.
Make a list of everything you need in your daily life such as clips, staplers, highlighters, folders, files, scissors, envelopes, etc.
Other tips for home office
Create multifunctional spaces
They are dynamic spaces that must adapt to new needs, which is why they need more and more multifunctional spaces every day, designed so that we feel comfortable and can find inspiration at any time.
To create one, take advantage of unused spaces
We can install a home office in an unused corner, inside the bedroom, in a hallway, in the attic or mezzanine, under the stairs, or even in a central communication space between the bedrooms and the stairs. The important thing is that you can work comfortably in a very pleasant and well-resolved environment. There are times when we have certain abandoned rooms, as it usually happens with attics. If this is your case, do not waste any more time and start designing it.
If the attic does not have a lot of natural light, a good option is to enlarge the dimensions of the window; the attics or mezzanines are spaces with a lot of potentials, although their reform may take more time and money, all the investment is worth it.
How to decorate a modern home office?
Decorating a modern home office will help improve the mood and performance of each person who uses it. Some tips to achieve this are the following:
-To decorate you can have a decorative plant, the living elements help us relax and improve mood.
-Only have work-related objects in your office, in a clean and orderly manner.
-Be careful when choosing colors, because they generate physical and emotional reactions. Go for light colors like white, gray, and ivory.
-It incorporates led lights in the lighting design, it is a much more energy-efficient technology, and therefore, more respectful of the planet.
-Simplicity and functionality in the furniture are vital to achieving a modern style, the furniture returns to straight lines.
-Last but not least, add your personal touch, whether, through family photos, books, or an accessory that reminds you of happy moments, this will make you feel happier during the time you are in your office.
Follow all our advice and enjoy your freelancing, which will be very productive that way.
- Cross-cut shred size: turns paper into small confetti-like pieces measuring 0.2 by 1.9 inches (5.6 by 47 mm); meets security level P-3 standards
- Sheet capacity: shreds up to 6 sheets of 20-pound bond paper at a time (no need to remove staples or small paper clips); also destroys credit cards (one at a time)
- Run time and thermal protection: 2 minutes on / 30 minutes off; if shredder runs continuously beyond the max run time, it will automatically shut off to protect the motor from overheating
- User-friendly design: 3-mode control switch (auto, off, reverse); 8.7-inch paper-entry width; shredder removes easily when it's time to empty the 3.8-gallon bin
- Support and warranty: please refer to the user manual, troubleshooting guide, and instructional video before use
- PERFECT DESK ORGANIZER: This monitor stand can free up more desktop space for you, and you can put things under it. Powerful storage function makes your desktop more tidy
- PREVENTS OVERHEATING - Adopt to unique perforated holes design, this monitor stand allows better air circulation to cool your device. No longer worry about overheating of your devices again
- SUPER EASY ASSEMBLY - Just spend 1 minute of your space-time to connect the metal platform and two legs of the printer stand, you can get a perfect desktop manager for organizing your limited space and improving your work efficiency
- STURDY & STABLE STRUCTURE - With 14.5 x 9.2 inch surface, this computer stand is ideal for most laptops & printers. The non-slip pads can hold it in place and maximumly protect your devices from sliding, great for use at home or office.
- CARE YOUR HEALTH - This laptop riser elevates your monitor to a suitable viewing height, helps you to form a healthy sitting position, highly relieving back pain, shoulder ache and eye strain
- High Quality: Specific cloth edge wrap. Mylar construction with Wire Hemming Edge reinforces each of the pockets for reliable security and durability. it stand up to repeated wear over an extended period of use. and it is made from high quality environmentally friendly 700D Polyester and Polypropylene(PP). It’s durable and water-resistant and not easy to break and deformation
- Size: 12.59" x 9.25", Width:1.96"-20.47" , Fit for All A4 Size and Letter Size,Suitable for daily filing and storing of documents.
- Large-Capacity: It provides 24 individual pockets for reliable partitioning and keep all files tidy and organized. and can hold about 3000 sheets paper.You no longer worry about files are cluttered together.
- Colorful Label Design: There is colorful label on the top of each pocket. it comes with premade labels for January through December and also from A to Z. A color label to allow you to mark the subject or category and easy to review.
- Multiple Function: You can keep your documents, vouchers, paper, cards, receipt, painting work and coupons etc. It is a perfect document organizer for home, office, school and travel, simple and fashion.
- Monitor Riser / Stand for printer, computer, laptop, notebook.
- Sturdy Metal Construction with Classic Black Coating
- Raises your monitor to a confortable viewing height. Reduce neck and eye Strain
- Sliding Drawer Latter Tray holds files and letters. 4 Side Storage Pockets. Two compartments for each side for your ipad, cell phone, calculator, pens and other office supplies.
- Dimension: 20.25"W x 11.5"D x 5.8"H; USPTO Patent No: USD864211S1
- Space-saving mesh design with stylish drawer. No tools needed.
- Two side load letter trays, and a tray with a 3 compartment Drawer. Upright section has five 2" Compartments.
- Desk storage, file folder and letter organizer
- Dimension: 13.25"L x 13"W x 9"H
- USPTO Patent NO:D890,842