If you are a professional video editor, you need a good-quality laptop to complete your work quickly. Many video editing applications like invideo.io are there, which is compatible with different operating systems.
There are special requirements that you must consider in your laptop while doing such work. In the following write-up, we will discuss some of the best laptops to buy if you want to edit high-quality videos. You must go through a buying guide to check essential things to be there in the system.
- Storage: The storage space is quite essential for video editors. When you want to buy any laptop, then you must use high storage devices. The speed is also dependent on this factor. It is available in HDD (Hard Disk Drive) or SSD (Solid State Drive). If we talk about speed, then SSD is the best, and when it comes to speed, then HDD is the best. If you have no budget issues, then it is necessary to spend a good amount on it.
- Speed: All the operations of video editing are relatively quick. The professional needs to open different files simultaneously. They import and export files from one device or software to another. Therefore, they need SSD for editing videos effectively. They work quickly as compared to HDD, and there is less risk of damage or failure.
- Size: It is another factor that depends on the storage space. While editing videos, you need storage to save bulk data. It is challenging to keep the data in an external device. Therefore, you can consider HDD because the hard disk space is quite large and available at a reasonable price. The choice of storage depends on the size of your project and how you can manage it.
- Processor: It is necessary to choose a quality processor if you want to edit 4K or HD videos. The loading time of these videos is relatively high. If you have a good processor, then it is easy to manage the editing process with ease. The processor opens and manages different applications simultaneously. It is necessary to have a processor with multiple threads. You must buy an Intel i5 or i7 processor because it comes in budget.
- RAM: It is a part of memory that keeps the temporary files of the system aside. When you are working on some files, your system allows a memory space to that file. For video editing, you must have high RAM because it can store more files simultaneously. It is necessary to have at least 4 GB RAM if you are tight on budget and upgrade it later.
- Graphics Card: It is a small device that helps convert the data from the footage into pixels. There is a possibility to add high-quality graphics in a video, and then it is necessary to insert and manage the graphics’ pixels. Many companies manufacture best-quality graphic cards, and you need to research to get the required one.
Best Video Editing Laptops
1. Dell XPS 15
It is one of the preferable models by Dell in 2020 for video editing. It is available with a high-speed Intel processor from i5 to i9, with RAM from 8 to 32 GB and high disk storage with a maximum 1 TB of HDD or SSD. The laptop’s dimensions are 13.6 x 9.1 x 0.7 inches, along with the display size of 15.6 inches.
It looks quite attractive to many video editors. Nowadays, it is a popular choice for people who are looking for high-speed and great performance devices. It comes with a good battery backup that lasts for long hours.
2. MacBook Pro
If any video editor is looking for an advanced and speedy laptop for editing, you can consider Apple’s MacBook Pro model. It comes with an AMD Radeon graphic card, 16-inch display screen, fast processors i7 or i9, RAM of 16 or 32 GB, etc. it is a lightweight device with good battery backup.
It performs well because of its excellent performance and exciting features. Many people rely on the excellence of the brand, Apple. There is a 6-speaker sound system in which you can listen to the video’s audio quality with more precision.
3. Microsoft Surface Book 2
It is one of the versatile laptops, which is perfect for video editors. The display screen size is 15 inches, in which you can view every detail of a video. The battery life is quite long-lasting, which means that you can edit your file for a long time. It comes in an expensive range.
It comes with an Intel Core i7 processor, 16 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060 graphics card, 1TB SSD, etc. This laptop is powerful enough to edit high-quality videos without compromising speed and other restrictions.
4. HP Spectre x360
It is another great software, with an i7 Intel core processor, RAM of 8/16 GB, storage space of 1TB SSD or 256GB or 512GB. The size of the display screen is 15.6 inches, which is perfect for video editors. It comes in an attractive design with exciting features. There is a colorful panel that looks amazing on this laptop. There is no need to compromise battery life.
It keeps on working for many hours due to good battery backup. The speaker quality is also good to listen to the video content with more clarity. It is another preferred choice for many professional editors. You can consider this elegant laptop for editing high-quality videos.
The Bottom Line
There are plenty of options for high-quality laptops that you can buy for video editing. It is hard for professionals to consider the best one that matches their requirements. It is necessary to check out some essential factors before deciding to buy any device. After that, decide to purchase from the list, as mentioned earlier.
You must check your budget and see what things you can include getting a powerful device. You should try not to compromise anything because it is a one-time investment, and it cannot be done repeatedly.