Have you decided that a cat should be your new pet? Congratulations, you made a good choice. A cat is a companion who will love you for a long time. Of course, if you know how to take proper care of her. However, if you are a first-time cat owner – then you should find out more about the habits of your new pet, but also products for proper care.
- Her Majesty The Cat
- Think Well Before You Get A Cat As Your Pet
- Cat As A Pet: Life In An Apartment Or House
- How Much Time Do You Have For The Cat?
- First Time Adopting A Cat?
- Are You Sure You Are Ready For This Long-Term Commitment?
Her Majesty The Cat
There is no doubt that cats are perfect pets. After all, what could be nicer after a hard day than coming home, where a satisfying loving ball of love awaits you? Research has shown that pet owners are generally healthier and happier than people who don’t have a pet. However, you must keep in mind that taking a cat is a great responsibility and obligation for a lifetime. When you are ready to accept this obligation – you will fulfill your wish and you will be happy to be the owner of a cat.
Think Well Before You Get A Cat As Your Pet
Elegant, lively, and irresistible, a cat as a pet can be a new member of your family, and spending time with it is a wonderful experience. However, you can certainly see a colony of stray cats on the street every day. The cause of the existence of these animals is the abandonment of pets by irresponsible people. Abandoned cats are left to harsh street conditions and live very short lives. Life often ends under car wheels or in the jaws of dogs. That is why it is very important to evaluate your own time and possibilities before you get a pet.
Cat As A Pet: Life In An Apartment Or House
A cat can live in an apartment and be perfectly happy without going outside, and if you live in a busy environment and your cat is healthy, neutered, vaccinated, resourceful, agile and if she is used to this kind of life, you can let your cat out. Unfortunately, the urban environment has become insecure for cats in many ways – so it is important to weigh the pros and cons and be aware of the dangers lurking outside.
If you live in a building, it is important to keep the cat in safe conditions – fence the balcony or terrace with a net, watch out for windows when ventilating the room, and the like. If the cat shows interest, you can occasionally take her to nature, on a trip to the cottage, or a walk on a leash to the park. But even without going out, the cat will always find enough challenges in the apartment – and she will not miss anything.
How Much Time Do You Have For The Cat?
Cats are more independent than dogs, but they also need your presence to be happy. Some kittens will prefer lounging in your lap and caressing – while others will enjoy playing with you. Working around a regular meal, taking care that the cat always has fresh water, and cleaning the toilet bowl – will become a part of everyday life. If the cat is long-haired, it will also need regular brushing. The age of the kitten you get should also depend on the amount of time you have at your disposal – keep in mind that a kitten younger than 4 months should not be left alone for more than 3 hours in a row.
First Time Adopting A Cat?
Here is a shortlist of everything you need:
1. Bowls for food and water
The cat needs to eat and drink, which means you need bowls. Choose heavier glass or ceramic bowls. Plastic bowls are harder to maintain and clean from impurities and bacteria that collect. Therefore, sometimes cats can get feline acne. Wash your cat’s bowl regularly and make sure there is always fresh water in bowls. Do not skimp on food and buy better quality food – because the difference in price is not so big – and also, you will prevent some diseases your cat might get.
2. Litter Box For Cats
Your cat must go to the toilet, so for this purpose – the best choice is a plastic container. There are many variations of this product on the market – both open and closed. While the cat is young, take a smaller one because it will be easier for you to clean – and take a bigger one later. We also recommend a deeper litter box when the cat grows a little – because they know how to throw the litter out of the toilet. Therefore, a closed one can help you here. Make sure that a very small cat cannot enter a very deep litter box.
There are various cat litters on the market as well as pellets for cats. Some can be thrown directly into the toilet – while other litter will have to be thrown away along with other waste. Therefore, it is good to inform yourself in time and read the instructions. You will most likely have a couple of failures when buying litter for your cat – but you will quickly learn what works best for you and your cat. You also need a spatula, which will remove the dirty parts from the litter box. Wash the toilet at least once a week with a mild detergent, and you can occasionally disinfect it. It is important to always rinse and dry the litter box well.
The cat will usually sleep with you if you have allowed or like it – but she also needs some corner of her own. Today, you can find a lot of cute beds for pets. Those for cats can be particularly cute because they are smaller and sometimes have incredibly sweet designs. If you don’t have a bed for your cat, it’s not bad to put a pillow or some fluffy blanket so your pet has its place to sleep, the cat also learns to stay in the conveyor. When you see where the cat likes to lie the most, you can also put a blanket, pillow, or something similar there.
5. Cat Carrier
The cat needs a specialized carrier, maybe not immediately after it reaches you – but in the foreseeable future it will surely catch up with you again. Maybe she’ll go to the vet, and maybe you’ll take her for a trip with you. So, don’t skimp and buy your cat a high-quality cat-transporter. It will last you longer and when you wash it it will look as good as new. The best, strongest, and easiest to wash is a plastic cat carrier.
You can buy toys, but also make them yourself. Just let your imagination run wild and watch the cat play with balls – crumpled aluminum foil, twine, pieces of paper, etc. It is recommended to purchase a feather swing and rattle stuffed mice and catnip toys because most cats are proven to love them.
Cats’ claws are torn off and worn out, so they have to have a scraper. You can buy a scraper or make your own. It is important to take a larger scraper immediately and choose one that an adult cat can climb on its hind paws. The highest quality scrapers are those made of solid wood.
Are You Sure You Are Ready For This Long-Term Commitment?
A cat as a pet can be with you for a very long time. Dogs generally live 10-15 years, and cats can live up to 20 years. During that time, you can go through many changes in your life – moving, marriage, divorce, having a child, new jobs, etc. In all these new life situations, your pet will be a constant part of your life. Since pets are deeply attached to their human families – it can be very difficult, both for them and for you, if that connection is broken and you are prevented from caring for the cat. Therefore, once again, think carefully about wanting a pet, because his happiness and his life depend on your decision.
- Made in the USA
- Excellent aerobic exercise
- Durable and safe
- Fun for all kittens, cats and kids
- CATS LOVE IT: A scratcher, lounge, & SO MUCH MORE (see video on left). Incl premium USA organic catnip leaf. Natural scratching = healthy claws, great exercise, & stress reliever ... (better overall wellness)
- YOU'LL LOVE IT: Made of recycled cardboard, non-toxic corn starch glue. Attractive design, neutral colors. Recommended to save your furniture as cats prefer the feel of cardboard. Happy cat = happy you ..
- THOUGHTFUL DESIGN: Curves make for easier scratching & a more comfortable place to rest & play. Naturally attracts cats. Interactive
- GREAT VALUE: 34 x 10.5 x 10.5 inches. Reversible for 2x the use. Superior cardboard & construction lasts longer than other scratchers; preferred by cats (please read our reviews). Large surface area to hold multiple or larger cats & provide generous scratching space
- AWARD WINNER / BEWARE OF CHEAPER COPYCATS THAT BUY REVIEWS IN EXCHANGE FOR FREE OR HIGHLY DISCOUNTED PRODUCT: 2015 Eco-Excellence Award. Featured on Animal Planet's 'My Cat From Hell'. Top 19 Cat Products (2016 BuzzFeed viewer selection)
- Your purchase includes One Merry Pet Cat Washroom Bench (two boxes) in White color
- Cat Washroom Bench dimensions – 21.26” D x 37.40” W x 22.64” H | Door measurements – 7” W x 8” H | Product weight – 57.4 lbs. | Max weight capacity – 80 lbs.
- ENTRANCE: Versatile entrance that can be installed on either end of bench
- LOOKS GREAT IN ANY HOUSE - Features wainscoting details and natural wood grains
- FITS ANY LITTER BOX - Designed to fit any size, including the extra-large automatic boxes
- Ideal for small spaces
- Simply fold shut for quick and easy storage
- Condo and toy lying hammock wrapped in soft plush
- Natural sisal scratching surface
- Removable cushion: hand wash
- A practical solution - Easy to use, Vet’s best waterless cat shampoo soothes and moisturizes dry skin and leaves your cat clean and soft.
- Natural ingredients - Our unique leave-in formula uses key natural ingredients, such as aloe vera, neem oil, vitamin E, and oatmeal to gently clean, condition, and moisturize your cat’s skin and coat.
- Bathtime for cats who hate baths - Quick and easy solution to groom your cat when they can’t (or won’t) do it themselves. No need to rinse the shampoo from the fur, which makes water averse cats happy.
- Safe and effective - Safe to use with cats 12 weeks or older, and will not affect topical flea control products.
- Vet’s formula - Veterinarian formulated and recommended, the no-rinse foam shampoo and calming fragrance ensures a no fuss, relaxing spa day for your feline companion.
- Features: salmon Oil from the pristine waters of Alaska, with omega-3 fatty acids, EPA and DHA. Formulated in a tasty, small bite Soft chew.
- Benefit: addresses the nutritional needs that contribute to a shiny, lustrous coat and healthy, smooth skin.
- Safe: Made with human-grade ingredients in an FDA registered facility.
- Quality assured and tested: Manufactured in the USA under camp standards. Ingredients and finished product analyzed under strict laboratory procedures at an ISO 17025 Verified facility.
- Flavor: Flavor profiles that pets love and beg for more.
- Single level cat hammock offers your cat fun and comfort
- Industrial-strength EZ Mount suction cups hold up to 100 lbs.
- Reinforced high-grade sturdy steel frame for long-lasting durability
- Foldable to allow blinds to close as needed
- Removable cover, easy to machine wash
- FIGHTS CAT DANDER AND FLAKING — Burt's Bees cat wipes moisturize and deeply condition your cat or kitten's dry skin to reduce redness and flakes
- MADE WITH THE HIGHEST QUALITY INGREDIENTS — All natural ingredients in Burt's Bees cat dander wipes include aloe vera and oatmeal. Aloe vera is a moisturizing anti-irritant which has been shown to reduce inflammation
- USE REGULARLY — Wipe your cat or kitten from back of ears to tail, avoiding the eyes. These cat grooming wipes are great for spot cleaning and paw cleaning
- SUITABLE FOR ALL CATS — These wipes are pH balanced especially for all cats and kittens
- 100% SAFE — Veterinarian recommended formula, free of fragrances, sulfates, colorants, and harsh chemicals
- Cat slow feeder designed to help greedy eaters eat at a healthier pace
- The cat food bowl features multiple tubes that stimulate natural pawing behavior in a fun manner
- This cat puzzle is for use with dry kibble and treats
- Easy to disassemble and clean; simply remove the rounded green tubes from the food bowl and handwash
- Rubber mat secures the cat bowl into place to prevent tipping