Have you decided that a cat should be your new pet? Congratulations, you made a good choice. A cat is a companion who will love you for a long time. Of course, if you know how to take proper care of her. However, if you are a first-time cat owner – then you should find out more about the habits of your new pet, but also products for proper care.
- Her Majesty The Cat
- Think Well Before You Get A Cat As Your Pet
- Cat As A Pet: Life In An Apartment Or House
- How Much Time Do You Have For The Cat?
- First Time Adopting A Cat?
- Are You Sure You Are Ready For This Long-Term Commitment?
Her Majesty The Cat
There is no doubt that cats are perfect pets. After all, what could be nicer after a hard day than coming home, where a satisfying loving ball of love awaits you? Research has shown that pet owners are generally healthier and happier than people who don’t have a pet. However, you must keep in mind that taking a cat is a great responsibility and obligation for a lifetime. When you are ready to accept this obligation – you will fulfill your wish and you will be happy to be the owner of a cat.
Think Well Before You Get A Cat As Your Pet
Elegant, lively, and irresistible, a cat as a pet can be a new member of your family, and spending time with it is a wonderful experience. However, you can certainly see a colony of stray cats on the street every day. The cause of the existence of these animals is the abandonment of pets by irresponsible people. Abandoned cats are left to harsh street conditions and live very short lives. Life often ends under car wheels or in the jaws of dogs. That is why it is very important to evaluate your own time and possibilities before you get a pet.
Cat As A Pet: Life In An Apartment Or House
A cat can live in an apartment and be perfectly happy without going outside, and if you live in a busy environment and your cat is healthy, neutered, vaccinated, resourceful, agile and if she is used to this kind of life, you can let your cat out. Unfortunately, the urban environment has become insecure for cats in many ways – so it is important to weigh the pros and cons and be aware of the dangers lurking outside.
If you live in a building, it is important to keep the cat in safe conditions – fence the balcony or terrace with a net, watch out for windows when ventilating the room, and the like. If the cat shows interest, you can occasionally take her to nature, on a trip to the cottage, or a walk on a leash to the park. But even without going out, the cat will always find enough challenges in the apartment – and she will not miss anything.
How Much Time Do You Have For The Cat?
Cats are more independent than dogs, but they also need your presence to be happy. Some kittens will prefer lounging in your lap and caressing – while others will enjoy playing with you. Working around a regular meal, taking care that the cat always has fresh water, and cleaning the toilet bowl – will become a part of everyday life. If the cat is long-haired, it will also need regular brushing. The age of the kitten you get should also depend on the amount of time you have at your disposal – keep in mind that a kitten younger than 4 months should not be left alone for more than 3 hours in a row.
First Time Adopting A Cat?
Here is a shortlist of everything you need:
1. Bowls for food and water
The cat needs to eat and drink, which means you need bowls. Choose heavier glass or ceramic bowls. Plastic bowls are harder to maintain and clean from impurities and bacteria that collect. Therefore, sometimes cats can get feline acne. Wash your cat’s bowl regularly and make sure there is always fresh water in bowls. Do not skimp on food and buy better quality food – because the difference in price is not so big – and also, you will prevent some diseases your cat might get.
2. Litter Box For Cats
Your cat must go to the toilet, so for this purpose – the best choice is a plastic container. There are many variations of this product on the market – both open and closed. While the cat is young, take a smaller one because it will be easier for you to clean – and take a bigger one later. We also recommend a deeper litter box when the cat grows a little – because they know how to throw the litter out of the toilet. Therefore, a closed one can help you here. Make sure that a very small cat cannot enter a very deep litter box.
There are various cat litters on the market as well as pellets for cats. Some can be thrown directly into the toilet – while other litter will have to be thrown away along with other waste. Therefore, it is good to inform yourself in time and read the instructions. You will most likely have a couple of failures when buying litter for your cat – but you will quickly learn what works best for you and your cat. You also need a spatula, which will remove the dirty parts from the litter box. Wash the toilet at least once a week with a mild detergent, and you can occasionally disinfect it. It is important to always rinse and dry the litter box well.
The cat will usually sleep with you if you have allowed or like it – but she also needs some corner of her own. Today, you can find a lot of cute beds for pets. Those for cats can be particularly cute because they are smaller and sometimes have incredibly sweet designs. If you don’t have a bed for your cat, it’s not bad to put a pillow or some fluffy blanket so your pet has its place to sleep, the cat also learns to stay in the conveyor. When you see where the cat likes to lie the most, you can also put a blanket, pillow, or something similar there.
5. Cat Carrier
The cat needs a specialized carrier, maybe not immediately after it reaches you – but in the foreseeable future it will surely catch up with you again. Maybe she’ll go to the vet, and maybe you’ll take her for a trip with you. So, don’t skimp and buy your cat a high-quality cat-transporter. It will last you longer and when you wash it it will look as good as new. The best, strongest, and easiest to wash is a plastic cat carrier.
You can buy toys, but also make them yourself. Just let your imagination run wild and watch the cat play with balls – crumpled aluminum foil, twine, pieces of paper, etc. It is recommended to purchase a feather swing and rattle stuffed mice and catnip toys because most cats are proven to love them.
Cats’ claws are torn off and worn out, so they have to have a scraper. You can buy a scraper or make your own. It is important to take a larger scraper immediately and choose one that an adult cat can climb on its hind paws. The highest quality scrapers are those made of solid wood.
Are You Sure You Are Ready For This Long-Term Commitment?
A cat as a pet can be with you for a very long time. Dogs generally live 10-15 years, and cats can live up to 20 years. During that time, you can go through many changes in your life – moving, marriage, divorce, having a child, new jobs, etc. In all these new life situations, your pet will be a constant part of your life. Since pets are deeply attached to their human families – it can be very difficult, both for them and for you, if that connection is broken and you are prevented from caring for the cat. Therefore, once again, think carefully about wanting a pet, because his happiness and his life depend on your decision.
- GRAIN FREE WET FOOD – Rely on the delicious blend in Tiki Cat Grill to provide complete and balanced nutrition for your cat in any life stage.
- HIGH MOISTURE WET CAT FOOD – Count on the high moisture content of each can of Cat Grill to give your cat the supplemental water she needs.
- NUTRIENT RICH CAT FOOD - Real meat is first ingredient, giving your cat the nutrition she needs and the taste she loves.
- REAL FISH, REAL MEAT, REAL PROTEIN – Our protein rich cat food offers delicious seafood flavors in each bite.
- ONLY QUALITY INGREDIENTS - High protein, real fish recipes with no carbs, grains, by-products, or fillers.
- Contains (1) 14 Pound Bag of Dry Cat Food ; For a limited time, you may receive either bag while we update our packaging
- Dry cat food recipe includes real U ;S ; farm-raised chicken
- Real salmon, wholesome lentils, and unique Superfood Blend helps support dietary needs of indoor cats
- Natural prebiotics from pumpkin for a healthy digestive tract
- Antioxidant-rich berries help support a healthy immune system
- Reduce Shedding + Improve Skin and Coat - Plano Paws Wild Caught Omega 3 for Cats is made with pure Anchovies, Herring, Mackerel, and Sardines from the clear ocean waters off the coast of Iceland.
- Low Odor, Safe + Effective - Our pet liquid fish oil is human grade and molecularly distilled to remove all harmful toxins and heavy metals to support joint health, skin, coat, heart, + immune system.
- For All Breeds and Ages - Our fish oil for cats liquid pump makes it easy to give your cat omega 3 oils they need to stay healthy and happy. Just squirt the fish oil onto your kitten or cats food.
- Sustainably Sourced - Our omega 3 fish oil cat supplement is all-natural and loaded with healthy DHA and EPA omega 3 for cats. Cat fish oil supplements may provide allergy and itch relief for cats.
- Our Mission - Plano Paws makes cat treats, cat health supplies and cat supplements you can trust. Plano Paws lives by 3 core principles. 1. Safe Ingredients. 2. Outstanding Effectiveness. 3. Exceptional Service.
- CAT REPELLENT SPRAY - Trains the cat to stay away from the object or area sprayed - Pleasant citrus smell for you.....awful smell for your feline friend. Over time, the scent creates a NO GO and NO SCRATCH area for your cat. Contains the worlds bitterest substance to prevent chewing.
- EXCLUSIVE FORMULA SAFELY AND EFFECTIVELY REPELS CATS AND DETERS SCRATCHING - Our proprietary formula uses naturally derived, safe ingredients like Orange, Lemon and Lavender Oils. No imported mystery chemicals like you find in other cat repellents/scratch deterrents.
- WHERE TO USE - Use on furniture, plants, counter tops, phone chargers, power cables, computer cables, headphones, draperies, holiday decorations. Stop using messy, furniture destroying cat tape on your valuables.
- HOW TO USE - Apply 3 times per day for the first week and then apply as needed. Use for the full week to see best results. If you apply the repellent/trainer only once or twice and expect immediate and conclusive results you may be disappointed….cats can be hard headed….but that is why we love them. We are dedicated to your success.
- USE WITH CONFIDENCE - Made in the USA to the highest standards by a family business. Vegan and animal cruelty free production. Eco-friendly and recyclable packaging. If you don't love our Harbor's Cat Repellent and Trainer, please let us know.
- SECURITY: This indoor heated cat bed features 6 inch tall soft foam walls for your cat's comfort, making them feel secure while the bed hugs your kitty
- AUTOMATIC: Electric heated cat bed is thermostatically controlled to automatically warm to your cat's normal body temperature only when your kitty is in the heated pet bed
- ENERGY EFFICIENT: Heated cat cup is low wattage and extremely energy efficient; the thermostatically controlled 4 watt heater is removable for use in all seasons
- MACHINE WASHABLE: K&H Thermo-Kitty Beds feature a removable cover for easy wash and care
- SAFETY: K&H doesn't just use safety listed parts, we safety certify the entire product. This heated cat bed has been tested & certified by MET Labs and exceeds USA/CA electrical safety standards
- 2-in-1 dual head – Start with 22 teeth side for stubborn mats and tangles and finish with 87 teeth side for thinning and deshedding. Achieve faster and more professional dematting and grooming results!
- Forget about shedding! – Regular brushing easily removes dead undercoat so no fur goes flying. Pet Neat dog brush and cat brush effectively reduces shedding by up to 95%
- Absolutely safe to your pet – No-scratch rounded outside teeth gently massage the pet skin. Meanwhile, teeth inner side is sharp enough to smoothly cut through the toughest mats, tangles and knots.
- 100% satisfaction – If, for any reason, you are not happy with the quality of these pet grooming tool, let us know anytime and we will be glad to straighten things out for you.
- What’s in the box – Pet Brush x 1, Paw Tag x 1, Instruction Guide x 1
- Made in our Solar Powered factory in Wisconsin
- Chaser 6 Pack (6 toys) from Cat Dancer
- Special lure from Cat Dancer
- Brightly colored piece of fleece
- Irresistible fun for any cat, excellent aerobic exercise
- Contains (1) 30 Ounce Canister of Cat Treats
- Indulgent recipe inspired by Rachael’s kitchen, with no poultry by-product meals or artificial flavors
- Crunchy cat biscuits on the outside, deliciously soft cat treats on the inside
- Real chicken is the #1 ingredient
- Crunchy texture helps to clean teeth and freshen breath
- Contains (1) 14 Pound Bag of Dry Cat Food
- Natural dry cat food recipe made with real salmon as the ingredient
- Includes wholesome brown rice, vegetables, and essential vitamins, minerals and amino acids
- Includes beet pulp, a wholesome fiber source that naturally provides prebiotics, which help support healthy digestion
- Small kibble is easy to chew and swallow, keeping the crisp, crunchy texture and big flavor