Have you decided that a cat should be your new pet? Congratulations, you made a good choice. A cat is a companion who will love you for a long time. Of course, if you know how to take proper care of her. However, if you are a first-time cat owner – then you should find out more about the habits of your new pet, but also products for proper care.
- Her Majesty The Cat
- Think Well Before You Get A Cat As Your Pet
- Cat As A Pet: Life In An Apartment Or House
- How Much Time Do You Have For The Cat?
- First Time Adopting A Cat?
- Are You Sure You Are Ready For This Long-Term Commitment?
Her Majesty The Cat
There is no doubt that cats are perfect pets. After all, what could be nicer after a hard day than coming home, where a satisfying loving ball of love awaits you? Research has shown that pet owners are generally healthier and happier than people who don’t have a pet. However, you must keep in mind that taking a cat is a great responsibility and obligation for a lifetime. When you are ready to accept this obligation – you will fulfill your wish and you will be happy to be the owner of a cat.
Think Well Before You Get A Cat As Your Pet
Elegant, lively, and irresistible, a cat as a pet can be a new member of your family, and spending time with it is a wonderful experience. However, you can certainly see a colony of stray cats on the street every day. The cause of the existence of these animals is the abandonment of pets by irresponsible people. Abandoned cats are left to harsh street conditions and live very short lives. Life often ends under car wheels or in the jaws of dogs. That is why it is very important to evaluate your own time and possibilities before you get a pet.
Cat As A Pet: Life In An Apartment Or House
A cat can live in an apartment and be perfectly happy without going outside, and if you live in a busy environment and your cat is healthy, neutered, vaccinated, resourceful, agile and if she is used to this kind of life, you can let your cat out. Unfortunately, the urban environment has become insecure for cats in many ways – so it is important to weigh the pros and cons and be aware of the dangers lurking outside.
If you live in a building, it is important to keep the cat in safe conditions – fence the balcony or terrace with a net, watch out for windows when ventilating the room, and the like. If the cat shows interest, you can occasionally take her to nature, on a trip to the cottage, or a walk on a leash to the park. But even without going out, the cat will always find enough challenges in the apartment – and she will not miss anything.
How Much Time Do You Have For The Cat?
Cats are more independent than dogs, but they also need your presence to be happy. Some kittens will prefer lounging in your lap and caressing – while others will enjoy playing with you. Working around a regular meal, taking care that the cat always has fresh water, and cleaning the toilet bowl – will become a part of everyday life. If the cat is long-haired, it will also need regular brushing. The age of the kitten you get should also depend on the amount of time you have at your disposal – keep in mind that a kitten younger than 4 months should not be left alone for more than 3 hours in a row.
First Time Adopting A Cat?
Here is a shortlist of everything you need:
1. Bowls for food and water
The cat needs to eat and drink, which means you need bowls. Choose heavier glass or ceramic bowls. Plastic bowls are harder to maintain and clean from impurities and bacteria that collect. Therefore, sometimes cats can get feline acne. Wash your cat’s bowl regularly and make sure there is always fresh water in bowls. Do not skimp on food and buy better quality food – because the difference in price is not so big – and also, you will prevent some diseases your cat might get.
2. Litter Box For Cats
Your cat must go to the toilet, so for this purpose – the best choice is a plastic container. There are many variations of this product on the market – both open and closed. While the cat is young, take a smaller one because it will be easier for you to clean – and take a bigger one later. We also recommend a deeper litter box when the cat grows a little – because they know how to throw the litter out of the toilet. Therefore, a closed one can help you here. Make sure that a very small cat cannot enter a very deep litter box.
There are various cat litters on the market as well as pellets for cats. Some can be thrown directly into the toilet – while other litter will have to be thrown away along with other waste. Therefore, it is good to inform yourself in time and read the instructions. You will most likely have a couple of failures when buying litter for your cat – but you will quickly learn what works best for you and your cat. You also need a spatula, which will remove the dirty parts from the litter box. Wash the toilet at least once a week with a mild detergent, and you can occasionally disinfect it. It is important to always rinse and dry the litter box well.
The cat will usually sleep with you if you have allowed or like it – but she also needs some corner of her own. Today, you can find a lot of cute beds for pets. Those for cats can be particularly cute because they are smaller and sometimes have incredibly sweet designs. If you don’t have a bed for your cat, it’s not bad to put a pillow or some fluffy blanket so your pet has its place to sleep, the cat also learns to stay in the conveyor. When you see where the cat likes to lie the most, you can also put a blanket, pillow, or something similar there.
5. Cat Carrier
The cat needs a specialized carrier, maybe not immediately after it reaches you – but in the foreseeable future it will surely catch up with you again. Maybe she’ll go to the vet, and maybe you’ll take her for a trip with you. So, don’t skimp and buy your cat a high-quality cat-transporter. It will last you longer and when you wash it it will look as good as new. The best, strongest, and easiest to wash is a plastic cat carrier.
You can buy toys, but also make them yourself. Just let your imagination run wild and watch the cat play with balls – crumpled aluminum foil, twine, pieces of paper, etc. It is recommended to purchase a feather swing and rattle stuffed mice and catnip toys because most cats are proven to love them.
Cats’ claws are torn off and worn out, so they have to have a scraper. You can buy a scraper or make your own. It is important to take a larger scraper immediately and choose one that an adult cat can climb on its hind paws. The highest quality scrapers are those made of solid wood.
Are You Sure You Are Ready For This Long-Term Commitment?
A cat as a pet can be with you for a very long time. Dogs generally live 10-15 years, and cats can live up to 20 years. During that time, you can go through many changes in your life – moving, marriage, divorce, having a child, new jobs, etc. In all these new life situations, your pet will be a constant part of your life. Since pets are deeply attached to their human families – it can be very difficult, both for them and for you, if that connection is broken and you are prevented from caring for the cat. Therefore, once again, think carefully about wanting a pet, because his happiness and his life depend on your decision.
- CAT REPELLENT SPRAY - Trains the cat to stay away from the object or area sprayed - Pleasant citrus smell for you.....awful smell for your feline friend. Over time, the scent creates a NO GO and NO SCRATCH area for your cat. Contains the worlds bitterest substance to prevent chewing.
- EXCLUSIVE FORMULA SAFELY AND EFFECTIVELY REPELS CATS AND DETERS SCRATCHING - Our proprietary formula uses naturally derived, safe ingredients like Orange, Lemon and Lavender Oils. No imported mystery chemicals like you find in other cat repellents/scratch deterrents.
- WHERE TO USE - Use on furniture, plants, counter tops, phone chargers, power cables, computer cables, headphones, draperies, holiday decorations. Stop using messy, furniture destroying cat tape on your valuables.
- HOW TO USE - Apply 3 times per day for the first week and then apply as needed. Use for the full week to see best results. If you apply the repellent/trainer only once or twice and expect immediate and conclusive results you may be disappointed….cats can be hard headed….but that is why we love them. We are dedicated to your success.
- USE WITH CONFIDENCE - Made in the USA to the highest standards by a family business. Vegan and animal cruelty free production. Eco-friendly and recyclable packaging. If you don't love our Harbor's Cat Repellent and Trainer, please let us know.
- Made in the USA
- Excellent aerobic exercise
- Durable and safe
- Fun for all kittens, cats and kids
- Wrapped in soft plush inside and out
- Condo lined in plush fabric
- Natural sisal scratching surface
- 12 peek a boo holes
- Dangling pom pom toy inside
- Designed for ALUMINUM Sliding Patio Doors Only and is NOT INTERCHANGEABLE.
- The Ideal Choice for Rentals. Install and Remove Easily, No Tools Required.
- Adjustable Height: 77-5/8" To 80-3/8" (80") To ensure ordering correct height, measure flush at top track to the inside bottom track of your ALUMINUM Sliding Patio Door frame.
- Features a 6-1/4" x 6-1/4" solid, clear lockable plastic flap.
- Available in two finishes: White or Satin Silver (Mill) to match your patio door.
- Gentle Grooming Massage – Brush away mats, light tangles and loose undercoat with a soft, flexible groomer that turns petting into an effective deshedding tool
- Healthier Pet & Environment – Removing hair not only helps reduce flying hair in the air, it stimulates skin oils and improves coat softness and shine
- Versatile Wet or Dry Use – Great for dogs and cats with short, medium, curly, or long coats, this glove can be used daily or during bath time for an even deeper clean
- Adjustable Comfort Fit – Flexible and breathable, our dog and cat brush fits most pet owners thanks to the adjustable wrist strap; better yet, it’s machine washable
- What You Get – Every order comes complete with 1 left-hand pet glove.
- Contains (1) 14 Pound Bag of Dry Cat Food. For a limited time, you may receive either bag while we update our packaging
- Dry cat food recipe includes real U.S. farm-raised chicken as the No.1 ingredient
- Real salmon, wholesome lentils, and unique Superfood Blend helps support dietary needs of indoor cats
- Natural prebiotics from pumpkin for a healthy digestive tract
- Antioxidant-rich berries help support a healthy immune system
- CAT WINDOW HAMMOCK: Single level cat hammock offers your cat(s) fun and comfort while sunbathing and viewing the outdoors
- STRONG & STURDY: Industrial-strength EZ Mount suction cups hold up to 100 lbs. and reinforced high-grade sturdy steel frame provide long-lasting durability
- ALL DAY COMFORT: Super-soft bed with removable cover, easy to machine wash, can be used with self-warming pads (sold separately) for added comfort
- USER-FRIENDLY: Patented foldable window perch to allow blinds to close as needed
- BRAND YOU TRUST: Designed by K&H with OVER 20 years of experience in creating innovative, quality products
- age range description: All Stages
- included components: Burt's and Bee's for cats Waterless Shampoo with Apple & Honey
- Space-saving cat furniture cat tree that mounts on virtually any door
- Heavy denier waterproof fabric for durability that lasts
- Complete interior access through all levels; kitties can play easily through each level
- Multiple peepholes for multi-level cat tower play
- One year limited warranty; BRAND YOU TRUST: Designed by K&H with OVER 20 years of experience in creating innovative, quality products