The tenor horn looks like a small Euphonium. It is mostly used in British brass bands and is designed to use a mouthpiece that is somewhat halfway between the Euphonium mouthpiece and a cornet mouthpiece. Its mouthpiece is bigger than the horn mouthpiece. The tenor horn is an alto range instrument that covers equal alto range as the French horn.
You may choose to use a horn mouthpiece with an adapter for your tenor horn but it is actually not the perfect choice for that instrument. A marching mellophone mouthpiece may also fit the receiver of a tenor horn but it is still not the right mouthpiece for the instrument.
- 1. Bach Large Shank Trombone Mouthpiece Silver 5G
- 2. Schilke Standard Large Shank Trombone Mouthpiece in Silver 51 Silver
- 3. Glory Large Shank Silver Plated Trombone Mouthpiece 61/2
- 2. Glory Professional Silver Plated Trombone Mouthpiece 12c
- 1. Glory Alto Saxophone Mouthpiece Kit with Ligature, one reed and Plastic Cap-Gold
1. Bach Large Shank Trombone Mouthpiece Silver 5G
The Bach Large Shank Trombone Mouthpiece has a deep cup depth and is 5 G in size. The cup diameter is very large (25.50 mm). It produces a deep rich quality sound preferred by most American schools. It is medium-thin and also well rounded.
This particular mouthpiece is larger than the Bach 6 1/2 AL and requires a greater amount of air. With it, you can easily play your lower notes as well as the high notes. It will work well with Bach trombone and Conn 88 H.
This mouthpiece will definitely improve the tone of your trombone. It doesn’t cause sores to the mouth like some cheap mouthpieces. It feels smooth on the mouth and is a perfect size to play on. It works well and is very easy to fit trombone.
2. Schilke Standard Large Shank Trombone Mouthpiece in Silver 51 Silver
This mouthpiece meets the requirements for baritone horn players, euphonium players as well as trombone players. It is a functional product and is silver plated. For the Schilke bass trombone, the identification levels are numbered between fifty-seven and sixty while for the euphonium and tenor trombone, it is forty through fifty-three. The Schilke C cup makes production much easier and it also offers a much fuller sound.
When switching instruments, for example; Bb trumpets to a D trumpet, it is advisable to use a mouthpiece that has a shallower cup volume (0.025 shallower) with all other dimensions unchanged. A higher instrument should have a shallower cup. For a trombone player who needs a good range and doesn’t want to sacrifice many tones, use a hollow mouthpiece that has a widened 2nd cup.
The deep cup offers that dark tuba-like sound and the wide opening you find at the rim will aid volume as well as low register. This mouthpiece is definitely worth the price.
3. Glory Large Shank Silver Plated Trombone Mouthpiece 61/2
This is also a good quality mouthpiece that is silver plated. It is a tenor trombone mouthpiece and is suitable for beginners and professionals. It is widely accepted by musicians and teachers. Designed to meet your requirements and is also very affordable. It has a nice weight and works on other instruments.
Kindly note that this mouthpiece may not fit your valve trombone or a certain old style of euphonium as it is a large shank trombone mouthpiece.
2. Glory Professional Silver Plated Trombone Mouthpiece 12c
This is an alto trombone mouthpiece and is also silver plated. It is suitable for both beginners and professional trombone players. It is widely accepted by musicians and teachers and it meets general standards. This inexpensive trombone mouthpiece works well in baritone. It is solid and has a polished finish. It is heavy and durable.
The Glory Professional Silver Plated Trombone Mouthpiece 12c is also suitable for students and will work well so that they won’t have to worry about their instrument making the wrong sound. It feels really comfortable and will definitely meet your expectations. This mouthpiece is highly praised all over.
1. Glory Alto Saxophone Mouthpiece Kit with Ligature, one reed and Plastic Cap-Gold
The Glory Alto Saxophone Mouthpiece Kit includes a plastic cover and a brass ligature. It also includes one reed. It will serve well as an extra mouthpiece. It is also suitable for beginners. It is a very good quality mouthpiece and comes at a very reasonable price.
It will work very well with Yamaha sax and other saxophones. The gold ligature gives it a nice look. Glory Alto Saxophone Mouthpiece is a decent and functional sax mouthpiece.
Some of its downsides are that; the reed isn’t that great but then, it can be replaced easily. The tip of this mouthpiece may not be properly cut to align perfectly with the reed. It may also require much air to get your sound out of it but overall, it is an excellent product and very economical.
- Silver Plated Baritone Horn Mouthpiece
- Size: 6.5
- Overall length: 80.30mm
- Shank diameter: 10.80mm, Shank length: 35.50mm
- Cup diameter: 26.47mm, Rim diameter: 39.00mm
- Specially balanced throat, back bore, and cup for even response
- Perfect intonation in all registers
- Clean articulation response
- Deep funnel cup
- Matched throats and backbores for perfect intonation
- Zippered Closure
- Water and stain resistant high quality neoprene
- Padded for ultimate protection
- Soft non-abrasive interior
- The inner bore of the tenor saxophone mouthpiece presents a circular arc, which makes it easy to use mouth shape control and has strong flexibility.
- The saxophone tenor mouthpiece is made of brass and nickel-plated surface treatment, the color is bright and lustrous, beautiful and atmospheric.
- The head of the saxophone mouthpiece adopts an embedded full resin tooth pad to reduce the impact of the vibration of the mouthpiece on the player's teeth when playing.
- The clip of the tenor saxophone mouthpiece adopts a single screw design, which is simple and convenient, durable and not easy to loose.
- Even beginners can use this tenor saxophone to make a great sound, and it is suitable for standard alto saxophones of any brand.
- Dynamic and flexible and a particularly versatile mouthpiece
- Tip Opening - 265 (1/100mm)
- Medium Long Facing
- Works best with Vandoren #2-#3 Reeds