For every heavy runner, it is quite difficult to find a shoe that will suit wide feet as well as provide a certain degree of comfort.
Also, heavy runners are challenged with finding the right shoe that will provide maximum resistance and support to shocks and also requiring a shoe that wouldn’t fall apart easily but last for a very long time.
Heavy runners with wide feet need to make use of shoes that would suit their wide feet so as to prevent injuries, boost performance, reduce injuries to tendons and joints as well as evenly distributing shock.
To help them identify these shoes, come with us and meet the best products which we have rounded up to make the search easier and less stressful.
- 5. Saucony Men’s Triumph ISO Running Shoe
- 4. ASICS Men’s GEL-Kayano 22 Running Shoe
- 3. Nike Men’s Air Monarch IV Training Shoe
- 2. ASICS Women’s GEL-Venture 5 Running Shoe
- 1. Skechers Sport Men’s Energy Afterburn Lace-Up Sneaker
- Other Interesting Products Include
- 1. ASICS Men’s Gel-Venture 6 Running Shoe
- 2. Adidas Men’s Energy Cloud Wide m Running Shoe
- 3. Brooks Women’s Glycerin 15 Neutral Max Cushion Running Shoe
- 4. Salomon Men’s XA Pro 3D Trail Running Shoes
- 5. New Balance Women’s 630v5 Flex Ride Running Shoe
- Final Verdict – What You Should Know
5. Saucony Men’s Triumph ISO Running Shoe
Optimal comfort, well-cushioned and extremely soft are some of the unique features associated with the Saucony Men’s Triumph ISO running shoe and this running shoe is one which is specially designed to help your feet enjoy a cloud-like or luxurious ride.
One benefit that comes with using this quality running shoe is it will offer every user a particular fit and all-round comfort combined with a top performance that would help in completing every task.
Its midsole combined with a Power Grid design helps in providing additional cushioning up to twenty percent than in other running shoes.
Great cushioning and stability are the key features associated with the Saucony Company and that is exactly what this shoe would offer every athlete.
- A great color design which would earn you compliments
- Quite comfortable
- Durable shoes as they are designed to last a long time
- Not as durable as described
- Slow delivery service
4. ASICS Men’s GEL-Kayano 22 Running Shoe
Providing users with optimal stability and support is the trademark of the ASICS men’s Gel-Kayano 22 running shoes as it boasts of a unique seamless construction which also guarantees durability for long-lasting use without two-piece construction or unwanted stitching.
It is highly recommended for use for every athlete out there as it helps in absorbing shock thanks to its amazing gel-cushioning technology combined with an impact guidance system to reduce impact when in use.
This shoe is far better than most running shoes that you would come across on the internet as it features a great modern design combined with unmatched performance and thanks to its unique rubber outsole, it will provide you with the best traction ever no matter the surface.
- Provides maximum support
- Top-quality construction which promotes durability
- Fits the foot perfectly
- The shoe is a bit narrow for wide feet
- Its fabric on the top rips off easily after few months of use
3. Nike Men’s Air Monarch IV Training Shoe
One reason why this shoe is widely used is that it boasts of the combination of a fashionable style and lots of performance needed in finishing and winning every race.
Made using high-quality synthetic and leather materials, the Nike Men’s Air IV Monarch training shoe is one that would last for a long time thanks to its durable material construction which promotes long-lasting use.
The best outdoor traction is guaranteed as it also features a quality rubber sole which provides the best traction no matter the type of surface.
- Also recommended for playing tennis
- Top-quality construction which promotes durability
- Extremely comfortable during use
- Delivers a great fit
- The shoe makes a squeaky noise during use
- Poor quality construction as they tear up easily
- Not as durable as described
Trending Topic: The Best Basketball Shoes For Wide Feet
2. ASICS Women’s GEL-Venture 5 Running Shoe
Unmatched comfort and a great fit are some of the benefits that come with using this top quality shoe and you also rest assured that you would walk on any terrain conveniently with this shoe thanks to its rugged outsole and rearfoot gel cushioning design.
This quality shoe from ASICS is specially designed for use by women and it is highly recommended as it boasts of ASICS high abrasion rubber design which is found in important areas on this shoe for optimal durability.
Another notable feature of this top quality shoe is its reversed lug design which provides the right amount of traction for downhill and uphill movement on any terrain.
- This running shoe delivers an accurate and precise fit
- Very comfortable for exercising and running
- Provides the ankles and arches with support
- Helps in dealing with plantar fasciitis
- Not as comfortable as described
1. Skechers Sport Men’s Energy Afterburn Lace-Up Sneaker
This is one shoe which encourages every athlete to get active and busy and this extremely comfortable lace-up sneaker boasts of a well-padded heel that works effectively in absorbing shock while its unique leather upper design also makes this shoe durable and attractive.
This top-quality shoe from Skechers is well designed to provide every user with the right type of traction required to race on any surface as it comes with a non-slip rubber outsole.
No matter how hard you use, you are guaranteed maximum comfort all day as it comes with a great midsole that provides all-round cushioning for maximum comfort.
Durability was taken into consideration when designing this shoe as it is made using high-quality leather materials which ensure that they last for a long while.
- Extremely comfortable during use and fits perfectly
- Shoes look tidy and very neat
- Durable material construction which promotes long-lasting use
- The delivery box came shattered upon delivery
Other Interesting Products Include
1. ASICS Men’s Gel-Venture 6 Running Shoe
Made using high-quality synthetic materials, the ASICS Men’s Gel-Venture 6 running shoe is one that is well designed to last for a very long while as the quality materials used in its construction promotes long-lasting use and one impressive feature of this well designed and high-quality shoe is the fact that it boasts of a unique gel cushioning system helps in soothing the feet as well as absorbing shock and impact.
Users are guaranteed of a superb and superior traction outdoor as this shoe also boasts of a durable and solid rubber outsole which still helps in ensuring smooth and easy or natural motion and it is one which will provide the leg with maximum comfort, protection, support as well as having a great fit.
- Great pair of shoe
- Fits perfectly
- A little bit tighter than expected
- Has a length sizing issue
2. Adidas Men’s Energy Cloud Wide m Running Shoe
Durability is one of the keys and essential feature of the Adidas Men’s Energy Cloud Wide running shoe as it boasts of high-quality textile and synthetic fabric or materials which help in ensuring that this shoe withstands outdoor use as well as making sure it lasts for a long time and users are also guaranteed of superior traction outdoor thanks to its durable rubber outsole which also ensures a swift and natural foot motion.
With this shoe, athletes have nothing to worry about as it would provide the feet with a firm and secure fit thanks to its supportive cage wrap which is found right at the midfoot region and the feet would also stay dry and feel cool as it comes with an upper mesh design which promotes better ventilation.
It is also recommended for any outdoor event as it is engineered to provide protection, comfort and support during use.
- Extremely comfortable
- Stylish shoes
- Feels good on the feet
- Also recommended when going on long and distant trips
- Promotes ventilation
- Easy to wear
- Can be used as a gift item
- Doesn’t fit the legs properly
3. Brooks Women’s Glycerin 15 Neutral Max Cushion Running Shoe
Whether you are embarking on a short running trip or a long distant one, you would certainly need the right pair of shoe and the brooks glycerin neutral max cushion running shoe which is specially designed for women is one that fits the description as it is well designed to provide the feet with the boost that it requires and durability is guaranteed when talking of this high-quality shoe thanks to the quality of material used in its construction.
With a durable rubber outsole, one can easily and confidently transit from one surface to the other be it a smooth or a rough surface while another feature that makes this shoe stand out from the rest on the market is its 3D fit print technology which expands so as to enable the feet with comfort and enjoy a plush feeling.
- Fits perfectly
- Provides adequate support
- Doesn’t cause blisters
- Extremely comfortable
- Solidly made shoe
- Seems smaller than expected
4. Salomon Men’s XA Pro 3D Trail Running Shoes
This is one shoe that one can confidently slide the foot into and race across any terrain or any surface type as it boasts of a tough and aggressive lug pattern combined with a conta grip design which ensures that this shoe has a strong and reliable grip across any surface and thanks to its precise fit design, users can easily obtain a comfortable and secure fit so they can run with this shoe conveniently and with ease.
Durability is also guaranteed when talking about the Salomon men’s XA PRO 3D Trail running shoes as it is made using high quality and synthetic materials which ensures long-lasting use and it is also one that would guarantee high foot stability as well as maintaining enhanced foot mobility.
- Fits perfectly well
- Superb lacing system
- Recommended for hiking and everyday use
- Seems a little bit tight than expected
5. New Balance Women’s 630v5 Flex Ride Running Shoe
When it comes to using a shoe that would aid every athlete in reaching his goals or objective, the New Balance women’s 630v5 flex ride running shoe is one any athlete can rely on as it is specially designed to help athletes perform at their very best.
It is also one shoe that would last for a long time as it is made using top quality leather material which guarantees durability for long lasting use.
Using this shoe certainly provides you with the right type of traction required as it boasts of a rubber sole and it also comes with an IMEVA midsole which provides the feet with the cushioning it deserves.
This foam also helps in rendering support and that’s why it is recommended for people with wide feet.
- Specially designed to mold or contour to the feet
- Comfortable during use
- Not bulky which enables you to wear for long hours
- Comes smaller than expected
- Quite tight around the toe region
Final Verdict – What You Should Know
There are different people with different needs and that is the same way needs differ when it comes to selecting a running shoe that would be suitable for wide feet. Whether you are a boy or girl, have high or low arches, obese or chubby, the shoes listed in this review are the best you would find when you decide to shop for one.
Whether you just want to run around the block or partake in a marathon race, be rest assured that these shoes will handle any tasks thrown at it and also help you to improve on your performance.
- NEUTRAL: For runners who need a balance of flexibility & cushioning
- Lightweight mesh upper with 3-color digital print delivers complete breathability
- Durable leather overlays for stability & that locks in your midfoot
- EVA sockliner provides soft, step-in comfort
- Charged Cushioning midsole uses compression molded foam for even greater responsiveness & durability, providing optimal cushioning & energy return
- Ortholite X-40 Sockliner - This premium sockliner features higher rebound properties while providing excellent moisture management and a high-level of breathability (Ortholite is a registered trademark of ATP Manufacturing LLC.)
- Breezy mesh upper offers enhanced breathability and comfort.
- Full-length EVA midsole supplies signature cushioning and stability.
- Rubberized foam outsole provides long-lasting durability and adequate grip.
- Oversized midsole with a lower heel to toe drop provide lightweight and propulsive power.
- Lace-up closure and padded tongue provides locked-in fit and support for neutral runners.
- Please click here for more information about ASICS® Running Technology.
- The ASICS® GEL-Contend® 5 running shoe has the lightweight durability and superior traction to take your running workout to the next level.
- Predecessor: GEL-Contend 4.
- Support Type: Neutral to underpronation.
- Cushioning: Lightweight, flexible response. Surface: Road. Differential: 10 mm. Heel/Toe: 21 mm/11 mm. Built for the low-mileage runner looking for a versatile, everyday shoe. Breathable mesh and synthetic upper materials. Laminate mid-foot cage provides structural support. Lace-up closure. Padded tongue and collar. Breathable fabric lining offers a great in-shoe feel. Ortholite® sockliner provides excellent underfoot support, comfort, and moisture management. AmpliFoam™ mid
- Performance suede leather and mesh upper
- Bellows, closed-cell foam tongue keeps moisture and debris out
- Protective rubber toe cap
- Breathable mesh lining. 5mm lug depth
- Vibram TC5+ sole