Many people find it difficult to find the best or a good quality pruning saw due to the numerous models available on the market today and this might be as a result of thick tree branches which have started to grow in your lawn or somewhere around your home which pruning loppers or even pruning shears cannot get rid of or cut down. If you are not familiar with the process of trimming, pruning , or cutting the tree and brunches check this site, and if you are, then continue reading the article and check some of the best pruning saws.
- Types Of Pruning Saws
- A Complete Guide On Selecting The Best Pruning Saws
- 5. EverSaw FOLDING HAND SAW All-Purpose, Wood, Bone, PVC, Best for Tree Pruning, Camping, Hunting, Toolbox
- 4. Corona Clipper 10-inch Curved Blade Folding Razor Tooth Saw RS 7265
- 3. Corona Clipper 14-inch Curved Blade Razor Tooth Saw RS 7395
- 2. Fiskars 390470-1002 Power Tooth Soft Grip Folding Saw, 10-Inch
- 1. Silky Professional Series BIGBOY 2000 Folding Landscaping Hand Saw Extra Large Teeth 356-36
- Other Exciting Products Include
- 1. Heavy Duty Pruning Saw (RAZOR SHARP 14″ CURVED BLADE) Comfort Handle with Saw Blade Enclosure – Japanese Style
- 2. Silky New Professional Series Curved Landscaping Hand Saw SUGOI 360mm Extra Large Teeth, 390-36 (leg straps included)
- 3. Samurai Ichiban 13″ Curved Pruning Saw with Scabbard (GC-330-LH)
- 4. TABOR TOOLS TTS25A Folding Saw with Curved Blade and Rugged Grip Handle, Hand Saw for Pruning Trees, Trimming
- 5. Corona RS 7510 Razor Tooth Saw, 18-Inch Blade
- Final Verdict – What You Should Know
Types Of Pruning Saws
There are several types of pruning saws present today and below are these types of a saw;
- Straight blade pruning saw
- Handheld pruning saw
- Pole pruning saw
- Curved blade saw
It would interest you to know that you have arrived at the right place as this review will show you the best five pruning saws which we have rounded up just for you.
A Complete Guide On Selecting The Best Pruning Saws
Without wasting much of your time, come with us and meet these best pruning saws right now.
5. EverSaw FOLDING HAND SAW All-Purpose, Wood, Bone, PVC, Best for Tree Pruning, Camping, Hunting, Toolbox
Backed with a lifetime warranty, the EverSaw folding hand saw is a top-quality tool which is sturdily built and well designed to get easy and serious tasks done and it is also a tool that can be used as a gift item for your family, friend, loved one or even your colleague at work.
This highly-rated tool boasts of an eight-inch well-tempered blade with razor-sharp teeth which would help in fast and smooth sawing as well as ensuring that plastic, bone and wood are cut down easily and it is also considered as a multi-purpose tool is it is designed in such a way that it gets several tasks done.
One advantage that comes with using this saw is it doesn’t allow binding and friction thanks to its unique design while its well-shaped grip provides you with a non-slip and comfortable grip.
- Easy to carry around
- Easy to hold
- Recommended for boy scouts
- Strong, sharp and reliable
- Not recommended for cutting down of thick branches
4. Corona Clipper 10-inch Curved Blade Folding Razor Tooth Saw RS 7265
Featuring a ten-inch blade, the Corona clipper blade folding razor tooth saw would cut down items of about five to six inches in diameter and when designing this saw, safety precautions were taken into consideration as it boasts of a latch blade lock which ensures that the blade gets locked away when not in use.
This saw is suitable for tearing down and cutting down of wood limbs thanks to its six teeth per inch design while durability was also taken into consideration when designing this saw as it is made using high-grade carbon steel material which promotes long-lasting use and ensuring its blade remains sharp for a very long time.
- Can be folded for proper storage
- Well designed to get every task done
- A high-value tool with a comfortable grip
- Perfect locking mechanism for safety
- Cuts fast and nice too
- Its blade isn’t as durable as expected as it gets broken after several uses
3. Corona Clipper 14-inch Curved Blade Razor Tooth Saw RS 7395
When it comes to searching for a good, quality and reliable saw on the internet today, the Corona Clipper curved blade razor tooth saw is certainly one that you can trust to get most tasks done as it is considered to be very efficient and fast.
One impressive feature of this highly rated saw is its blade gets treated with about four various treatments so as to boost hardness and durability for long-lasting use. This treatment is also aimed at reducing friction which also plays a huge role in extending product life.
Its 14-inch curved blade would cut down through thick branches or any tasks thrown at it as it is extremely sharp and would stay that way for a very long while.
- Well designed to fit the hands perfectly well
- Extremely long and is razor-sharp which helps to cut down through tasks and obstacles
- Cuts fast and nice
- Recommended for cutting tree branches and saplings
- Delivers a smooth cutting action
- Its blade is also extremely flexible but the setback is it cuts in just one direction
Trending Topic: The Best Folding Saws
2. Fiskars 390470-1002 Power Tooth Soft Grip Folding Saw, 10-Inch
Despite being lightweight, the Fiskars folding pruning saw is one that would cut through plastic, wood and bones very easily and it is considered as a multi-purpose tool as it is designed with the aim of helping in getting not just one but several tasks done.
The optimum grip is assured when using this pruning saw thanks to its high-quality rubber handle which is resistant to slippage while another notable feature is its gear lock design which helps to guarantee the safety of the user.
Whether it is for any outdoor adventure, the Vaderus pruning saw would trim down bushes, shrubs just to take shelter in the wild and it is also recommended for trimming down of pine and oak trees.
- Sturdy, sharp and easy to use
- Comes neatly packaged in a plastic case
- Recommended for camping trips
- Extremely durable
- Can be folded for proper and easy storage when not in use
- Quite bulky
1. Silky Professional Series BIGBOY 2000 Folding Landscaping Hand Saw Extra Large Teeth 356-36
The Silky professional series BIGBOY folding saw is one of the best and highly rated saws that you would come across on the internet when searching for a reliable, durable and a saw that would put in a top performance.
It is specially designed to get more than one task done and these tasks include; construction, trimming of your garden and lawns as well as for pruning purposes.
Backed with a lifetime warranty, this highly-rated saw is widely sought after and loved by many as it would cut through dried and green hardwood while its curved blade ensures a greater and powerful reach.
- Cuts with less effort
- Folds easily for proper storage
- High quality saw with a flexible sheath which won’t crack easily
- Recommended for camping activities
Other Exciting Products Include
1. Heavy Duty Pruning Saw (RAZOR SHARP 14″ CURVED BLADE) Comfort Handle with Saw Blade Enclosure – Japanese Style
Featuring a razor tooth and sharp cutting blade, the Heavy Duty pruning saws is one hat would trim and cut down effortlessly as it guarantees cutting down branches which are about eight inches thick and one feature that most gardeners love about the heavy-duty pruning saw is the fact that it has a versatile effect as it can be used either for pruning limbs, branches, plants, shrubs, trees and many more.
With this pruning saw, maximum comfort is also guaranteed as it comes with a well-cushioned handle which offers a pistol style grip when sawing, pruning or even cutting and durability is also guaranteed when talking about the heavy-duty pruning saw as it is made using high-quality materials which guarantees long-lasting use and extended product life.
- Best manual cut saw ever
- Worked well
- Well priced product
- Well balanced
- Difficult to remove its sheath
- Not as sharp as expected
2. Silky New Professional Series Curved Landscaping Hand Saw SUGOI 360mm Extra Large Teeth, 390-36 (leg straps included)
Whether you want a saw for cutting, trimming or even pruning in your lawns and gardens then this is one saw that you can rely on to get the job done as it boasts of a 5.5 teeth configuration which ensures it cuts through anything that comes its way and it is lightweight as it only weighs about 1.65 pounds which enables users to hold or handle it conveniently during use.
One impressive feature of this well designed saw is the fact that it comes with an elastic leg strap where climbers, woodsmen and even hikers can conveniently place this saw so as to enjoy better mobility another exciting feature f this good product is its pistol grip handle combined with a non-slip rubberized overlay which also guarantees better handling and a sure grip when cutting through even the most difficult objects.
- High-quality product
- Cuts through objects easily and quickly
- Sharp blades
- Easy to use
- Doesn’t have leg straps
- Poor quality accessories
3. Samurai Ichiban 13″ Curved Pruning Saw with Scabbard (GC-330-LH)
Being extremely sharp is one feature of the Samurai Ichiban pruning saw as it is well designed to cut down or cut through even the thickest of branches and unlike other pruning saws that you would find on the market today which are quite difficult to use, the Samurai Ichiban pruning saw is one that boasts of an easy to use and simple design which makes it quite easy and convenient to use as well as also making it quite popular among gardeners.
Whether it is for landscaping or for use in forests, be rest assured that the Samurai Ichiban is well designed to rise up to the occasion and it boasts of one of the best blades ever made known as the KYOKU blade which is sharp enough to cut through any hindrance on its way while its well-polished look ensures it stays attractive.
- Easy to use
- Saves a lot of energy
- Good quality product
- Poor finishing
4. TABOR TOOLS TTS25A Folding Saw with Curved Blade and Rugged Grip Handle, Hand Saw for Pruning Trees, Trimming
This well designed saw from the famous TABOR company is one that is designed to engage in several uses or purposes as it can be used for pruning, trimming, hiking, clearing trails, camping, gardening as well as carrying out other house chores and it is also razor-sharp as it will cut through materials like plastic, wood, pipe, wallboard and plywood.
It is also one saw which promotes safety and comfort as it comes with a well-shaped handle which helps in eliminating the risk of hand ache or wrist ache during use and one impressive feature of this well-shaped saw is the fact that it also boasts of a safe locking mechanism which ensures that the blade stays safely locked in an unfolded or folded position for safety of the user.
For better storage, one easily hangs this tool when not in use using its quick storage hole which allows you to hang this saw on a hook or easily attach it using a lanyard.
- Extremely sharp
- Helps in making impossible cuts
- Quick tool
- Recommended for branch trimming
- Lightweight and convenient to carry about
5. Corona RS 7510 Razor Tooth Saw, 18-Inch Blade
Thanks to its 18-inch blade, the Corona RS 7510 tooth saw is one that would cut through branches which are about nine or ten inches in diameter and unlike other poorly designed saws on the market, this high-quality product promotes maximum comfort during use as with a well-shaped, pistol grip handle which works effectively in minimizing slippage.
Durability is one of the key features of this saw as no one would love to keep returning to the market to purchase another saw over and over again so this saw is made out of the finest Japanese steel which helps in ensuring long-lasting use as well as providing maximum hardness when delivering cuts while its blade comes backed with up to three-tooth each with multi-faceted angles that helps in enhancing wood removal as well as boosting cutting efficiency.
- Works exactly as advertised
- Feels great on the hands
- Cuts quickly
- Ideal for trimming
- Easy to use
- Doesn’t come with a sheath
Final Verdict – What You Should Know
Listed above are the best pruning saws which are available on the market right now and you rest assured that these saws would get any task done and would also last for a long time as they are very durable.
We advise that you carefully go through each and every one of them so as to select the one that best suits your gardening needs.
- 3 SIDED RAZOR TEETH FOR EFFICIENT CUTTING: 10" blade is ideal for cutting 5" - 6" diameter, small to medium, branches
- ERGONOMICALLY DESIGNED, COMFORTABLE, CO-MOLDED HANDLE: Provides a comfortable grip for extended use
- EASY TO LATCH BLADE PREVENTS INJURY WHEN NOT IN USE: Folding blade is curved, taper-ground, and replaceable
- IMPULSE HARDENED TEETH FOR LONG SERVICE LIFE: Extends the life of the tool season after season
- UP TO 6 TEETH PER INCH AND CURVED BLADE DESIGN FOR FASTER CUTTING: Cuts are smoother and quicker than a traditional saw.
- REMOVES 2X MORE MATERIAL: RazorTOOTH saw technology; 18” blade is ideal for cutting branches up to 9-10” in diameter
- MAXIMUM SHARPNESS: Each tooth is triple-ground, providing multi-faceted angles to maximize efficiency of cuts and removal of wood
- UNBEATABLE STRENGTH: High carbon Japanese SK5 steel blade provides exceptional hardness
- EXTREME DURABILITY: Impulse-hardened teeth and a heat-treated blade make it last season after season
- SMOOTH ACTION: Chrome finish coat provides Smooth cutting action and blade resilience
- IDEAL FOR LARGE BRANCHES: 13 inch blade ideal for cutting 7 inch diameter branches
- INNOVATIVE ERGONOMIC HANDLE: Pistol grip and finger hook provides efficiencies for Professional Arborists
- 3 SIDED RAZOR TEETH FOR EFFICIENT CUTTING: Triple ground teeth cut more material at greater angles per saw pass
- LONG SERVICE LIFE: Impulse-hardened teeth extend durability of the saw sharpness
- HIGH-CARBON STEEL BLADE: Made of Japanese SK5 steel with exceptional hardness and durability for a long-lasting tool
- Durable SK-5 steel blade for efficient cutting during camping survival bushcraft landscaping and general yard work
- Heavy duty rugged 11" long blade helps you power through thick branches faster, 11" blade is ideal for cutting 6" - 7" diameter branches
- Aggressive staggered teeth ( 7 TPI ) allows ultra smooth and sharp sawing
- Comfortable and longer rubber coated polymer handle ensures a firm grip in any weather condition
- Extra long design folding saw
- 13" blade with impulse hardened teeth with tapered grind to reduce binding
- 4mm tooth pitch
- Ergonomic, rubber cushioned handle
- Sheath with belt loop included
Other related reviews include: