A practice pad is an instrument that helps drummers silently develop their drum playing skills. Apart from being very quiet, one common advantage of the practice pad is that it is very portable and this makes them suitable for backstage warm-ups and practicing at night without worry of disturbing people around.
There are different types of practice pads but the one you buy should be determined by the type of drum you play. Another important thing to consider is what you actually want to use it for. Many people overlook this but then it is important to know the advantages and disadvantages of any instrument you want to purchase and ensure they meet your needs.
You may want to get a pad that is close in functionality to your kit if you intend to develop your drumming skills or an entirely different pad if you just need something to practice with on the go.
Here, in our opinion, are the Top 5 best practice pads for marching snare available today.
5. Practice Pad By Drum Republic
If you are searching for a good quality practice pad, this is just the right choice. This one is perfect for beginners and professional drummers. This 12-inch practice pad is lightweight and also comes with a pair of wooden drumsticks. It is a top-quality percussion drum that gives you hand-eye coordination, sticks control and rhythm. Age is not a factor with this device. It is suitable for all ages. It is the ideal practice kit for students and teachers and is also suitable for rehearsals and drumline warm-ups at concerts.
With this practice pad, you do not have to worry about disturbing the neighbors as it is sound dampening and barely makes any noise when struck.
It will also make a perfect gift for kids, men and women of all age group. Help someone discover new talent.
4. Tromme Drum Practice Pad & Carrying Case
Most brands of practice pads are made with gum rubber but the Tromme Drum Practice Pad is designed with silicon. Pads constructed with silicon have better quality than those made with rubber. They don’t easily wear off and are also non-toxic.
The Tromme Drum Practice Pad & Carrying Case has a diameter of twelve inches and can serve as a snare practice pad. It is soft and responsive and gives you that real feeling of playing a real drum.
You do not have to worry about disturbing people around while using this practice pad because it is quiet and barely makes any noise. It includes a carrying case that makes storage and transport much easier. It comes at a reasonable price and is far more durable than many practice pads. It provides you with a larger surface to practice conveniently.
3. Vic Firth Heavy Hitter Slim Pad
The Vic Firth Heavy Hitter Slim Pad features a gum rubber pad, 3/16 inch thick mounted to a strong wooden base. This gives you that accurate and natural feel of a marching bass drum or snare. It has the right weight and size and is very portable, making it easy to carry about.
It is affordable and far more articulate than many other pads. You can choose to play on the other side of this drum as it is made of foam. This can be helpful when you do not want to play too loud. It is also quite soft and comfortable to play.
Also, compared to other pads, the Vic Firth Heavy Hitter Slim Pad has a better bounce and is not as bulky. It is not too fancy but works perfectly.
One downside is that the rubber produces a foul smell but this will fade away after some time.
2. Ultra-Portable Practice Pad
This 6” pad is very lightweight and portable. It weighs less than ½ lb and can easily fit into your travel bag. It is designed to give you the chance to conveniently practice anywhere at any time under any condition. To restore and preserve the pads’ functionality, you can rinse this pad with water and dry using an absorbent cloth.
Never worry about this pad picking up dust as it is very easy to clean. It is also water-resistant. You can practice quietly with this pad as it has a rubber material that reduces the volume. It has a sticky underside surface so that it can be placed on any surface without moving around.
It is firm and smooth and provides enough rebound. It also has a good response and is quite easy to use. This pad comes in tough cardboard that also aids transport.
1. Ibaga 12-inch Silent Drum Practice Pad
With a dimension of 12 inches, the Ibaga Silent Drum Practice Pad design is made of gum rubber on one side and sponge on the opposite side. The sponge prevents noise and gives the pad a good grip so that it stays in place when struck. This rubber used for this pad is odorless. The sticks that come with this pad are perfect. It delivers a great sound but is a bit heavy. The sound produced is loud and not muffled, unlike some practice pads.
The Ibaga 12-inch Silent Drum Practice Pad is great for someone who isn’t really serious about drumming but just wants to have fun. Although it has much bounce than you’d expect, this practice pad is strong and silent, also comes at an affordable price.
- The Essential Practice Pad for Marching Snare Drummers - The practice pad is fully rimmed, 12-inches in diameter, and dual-sided. This is the absolute core pad for marching snare drummers
- Realistic Top Surface - The top surface is a laminated fiberglass material that offers a supremely accurate articulate snare response. The top surface resembles the feel and response of a marching snare drum.
- Surface Two: The bottom surface features a softer feel that is intended for drummers who want to quietly work on their chops and increase muscle development. Volume Level: Quiet
- Fully Rimmed: This drum practice pad weighs about 4 pounds and is portable enough for a percussionist that need to practice on the go. Ideal pad for drummers of all skill levels.
- 12 x 12 x 1.5 inches; 4.1 lbs
- Perfect tool for beginning and advanced drummers
- Features a replaceable Ambassador Coated drumhead providing the bounce and feel of a real drum
- Has a protective rubber bottom for non-scratch/non-slip table top use
- Size: 10"
- Color: Red
- 【Silicone shock absorbers】One side features a natural gum, for realistic rebound like marching drum.The practice drum pad made of silicone with soundproof and shockproof layers,which is non-toxic and Ecology-Friendly.More than anything,its shock absorption could prevent your wrists from hurt.
- 【Quiet&Noiseless】In a quiet voice,the drum pad can offer you fully enjoy of quietly practice and warm up before a performance.
- 【Sound Adjustable】Marching Percussion practice pad with ADJUSTABLE integrated snare sound system.Using to adjust the sand-wire and tuning the sound.
- 【Portable&Anti-Skid】It's a long companion product with a non-slip bottom.Easy -carrying,anywhere your adventures take you.
- 【Great Alternative 】As a type of percussion implement, this Drum Pad 12 inches is a great alternative utilized on the acoustic kit like snare drums.If there is any question,please contact us without hesitation.We are here in 24 hours.
- ♫ SNARE DRUM PRACTICE PAD & DRUM STICKS - A great drum practice tools for beginners and professionals, come with silent one single sided Grey snare drum practice pad 12 inch for drumming, two pair hickory drum sticks and one drum pad bag.
- ♫ THREE-TIER STRUCTURE PRACTICE PAD - One side, it has high density textured Grey elastic rubber with 6mm thick, which has high resilience and softness provide real drum feel; The inner layer is made of high-pressure solid compressed wood board with 18mm thick provides a stable base for practice; On the back, it is equipped with a softer EVA polymer rubber mat , just like the acoustic pad, which can prevent the bottom from slipping, wearing and further shock absorption or muffle the sound.
- ♫ TWO PAIR HICKORY DRUMSTICKS - 5A hickory drumsticks are ideal for various playing styles, on either acoustic or electronic drums, most popular choice for new drummers or young drum students. These have wooden tear drop hammerhead design can produce a thick and powerful sound, for excellent response, rebound and feel very well on the hand and reduces wrist fatigue. Durable even with heavy hitting, 5A sticks are comfortable and long lasting.
- ♫ DRUM PAD BAG - Carry bag is made of oxford cloth, durable and waterproof, not easy to get off the line. AS high-density carrying webbing, portable and convenient, comfortable to use. Reinforced stitching makes the bag more lasting to use. Rust-proof zipper pulls fluently, providing better protection for the internal items. Compact size and light weight, ideal for storing snare drum stand, music book clip, drum practice pad, etc.
- ♫ FOR ANYONE AND ANYWHERE - If you’re considering playing drums, or you have a family member that likes to practice or percussion, or you are a professional drummer, you are looking for portable drum practice pads for snare drum practice. This drum pad and sticks you can use it on your sofa, floor, carpet, padded seat, knees/lap, table...pretty much anywhere.
- Double Sided Drum Pad - This drum practice pad is the perfect gift for drummers and offers an authentic playing experience with great rebound just like a real drum set; The drum pad is excellent for practicing your skills, whether you are a newbie or an advanced percussionist
- Practice Pad - The 12” rubber foam drum pad is equipped with a special layer, so you can enjoy playing the drums without disturbing your family, roommates or neighbors; Improve your technique with the pad no worry from noise complaints
- Drum Practice Pads - The qualitative material contributes to supreme durability; The 1" robust wood, a grey playing side with a silicone layer and a black bottom side with a EVA polymer mat which ensures your pad won’t move
- Practice Drum Pad - Ready to play the drumming pad? The Kibaga drum pad for kids & adults is portable (weight: 2.5 lbs) and can therefore be used flexibly; Place it on your lap, table or any flat surface. The pad also works when clamped on a typical snare stand
- Snare Drum Pad - Convenient size: Being 12", the snare drum practice pad is perfect for beginners & advanced players, as the large surface is very convenient when placed on your lap and also provides more play area