A practice pad is an instrument that helps drummers silently develop their drum playing skills. Apart from being very quiet, one common advantage of the practice pad is that it is very portable and this makes them suitable for backstage warm-ups and practicing at night without worry of disturbing people around.
There are different types of practice pads but the one you buy should be determined by the type of drum you play. Another important thing to consider is what you actually want to use it for. Many people overlook this but then it is important to know the advantages and disadvantages of any instrument you want to purchase and ensure they meet your needs.
You may want to get a pad that is close in functionality to your kit if you intend to develop your drumming skills or an entirely different pad if you just need something to practice with on the go.
Here, in our opinion, are the Top 5 best practice pads for marching snare available today.
5. Practice Pad By Drum Republic
If you are searching for a good quality practice pad, this is just the right choice. This one is perfect for beginners and professional drummers. This 12-inch practice pad is lightweight and also comes with a pair of wooden drumsticks. It is a top-quality percussion drum that gives you hand-eye coordination, sticks control and rhythm. Age is not a factor with this device. It is suitable for all ages. It is the ideal practice kit for students and teachers and is also suitable for rehearsals and drumline warm-ups at concerts.
With this practice pad, you do not have to worry about disturbing the neighbors as it is sound dampening and barely makes any noise when struck.
It will also make a perfect gift for kids, men and women of all age group. Help someone discover new talent.
4. Tromme Drum Practice Pad & Carrying Case
Most brands of practice pads are made with gum rubber but the Tromme Drum Practice Pad is designed with silicon. Pads constructed with silicon have better quality than those made with rubber. They don’t easily wear off and are also non-toxic.
The Tromme Drum Practice Pad & Carrying Case has a diameter of twelve inches and can serve as a snare practice pad. It is soft and responsive and gives you that real feeling of playing a real drum.
You do not have to worry about disturbing people around while using this practice pad because it is quiet and barely makes any noise. It includes a carrying case that makes storage and transport much easier. It comes at a reasonable price and is far more durable than many practice pads. It provides you with a larger surface to practice conveniently.
3. Vic Firth Heavy Hitter Slim Pad
The Vic Firth Heavy Hitter Slim Pad features a gum rubber pad, 3/16 inch thick mounted to a strong wooden base. This gives you that accurate and natural feel of a marching bass drum or snare. It has the right weight and size and is very portable, making it easy to carry about.
It is affordable and far more articulate than many other pads. You can choose to play on the other side of this drum as it is made of foam. This can be helpful when you do not want to play too loud. It is also quite soft and comfortable to play.
Also, compared to other pads, the Vic Firth Heavy Hitter Slim Pad has a better bounce and is not as bulky. It is not too fancy but works perfectly.
One downside is that the rubber produces a foul smell but this will fade away after some time.
2. Ultra-Portable Practice Pad
This 6” pad is very lightweight and portable. It weighs less than ½ lb and can easily fit into your travel bag. It is designed to give you the chance to conveniently practice anywhere at any time under any condition. To restore and preserve the pads’ functionality, you can rinse this pad with water and dry using an absorbent cloth.
Never worry about this pad picking up dust as it is very easy to clean. It is also water-resistant. You can practice quietly with this pad as it has a rubber material that reduces the volume. It has a sticky underside surface so that it can be placed on any surface without moving around.
It is firm and smooth and provides enough rebound. It also has a good response and is quite easy to use. This pad comes in tough cardboard that also aids transport.
1. Ibaga 12-inch Silent Drum Practice Pad
With a dimension of 12 inches, the Ibaga Silent Drum Practice Pad design is made of gum rubber on one side and sponge on the opposite side. The sponge prevents noise and gives the pad a good grip so that it stays in place when struck. This rubber used for this pad is odorless. The sticks that come with this pad are perfect. It delivers a great sound but is a bit heavy. The sound produced is loud and not muffled, unlike some practice pads.
The Ibaga 12-inch Silent Drum Practice Pad is great for someone who isn’t really serious about drumming but just wants to have fun. Although it has much bounce than you’d expect, this practice pad is strong and silent, also comes at an affordable price.
- Replaceable, black Carbon Fiber surface
- The Package Height of the Product is 2 inches
- The Package Length of the Product is 10 inches
- The Package Width of the Product is 10 inches
- The 14" #AHSHP "s-hoop marching pad" Is a full-size practice pad features a hard, carbon-fiber surface and a snare effect for a sound and feel similar to that of a tightly tuned head on a marching snare drum
- DRUM PAD - The Kibaga drum practice pad offers an authentic playing experience with great rebound just like a real drum set; The drum pad (patent pending) is excellent for practicing your skills, whether you are a newbie or an advanced percussionist
- PRACTICE PAD - The 12” rubber foam drum pad is equipped with a silicone layer, so you can enjoy playing the drums without disturbing your family, roommates or neighbors; Improve your technique with the drum set no-worry from noise complaints
- DRUM PRACTICE PADS - The qualitative material from the silent practice pad contributes to supreme durability; The 1 inch robust wood, a black playing side with non-toxic silicone and a black bottom side with EV cotton which ensures your pad won’t move
- PRACTICE DRUM PAD - Ready to play the drumming pad? The Kibaga drum pad for kids & adults is portable (weight: 2.5 lbs) and can therefore be used flexibly; Place it on your lap, table or any flat surface. The pad also works when clamped on a typical snare stand
- SNARE DRUM PAD - Convenient size: Being 12 inch, the snare drum practice pad is perfect for beginners and advanced players, as the large surface is very convenient when placed on your lap and also provides more play area, giving a highly realistic experience
- EXCELLENT SNARE PRACTICE PAD FOR DRUMS: Are ya ready for an off the hook drumming experience? With this silent drum set you can improve your drumming skills in an authentic way incl. an awesome rebound - without worrying about disturbing your family or neighbours
- FIRST CLASS SNARE DRUM KIT: Enjoy awesome drumming sessions for a long time to come! The premium materials create supreme durability - a double sided drum practice pad covered by anti-skid rubber, a sturdy drum pad stand in silver as well as solid, black drumsticks
- GREAT PERCUSSION KIT FOR ANY SKILL LEVEL: Whether used as a beginner drum set to get a feel for the rebound and stick techniques or as a drumming pad for a pro - the snare drum practice pad is an essential tool for rookies & advanced players
- READY TO PLAY - COMPLETE DRUMMING PAD SET: This portable snare drum pad kit contains everything you need to get started - a black 12” drum pad, a silver drum pad stand, 2 pairs of black 5a sticks and a large black bag to transport your equipment easily and in style
- EASY TO SET UP & ADJUST: Thanks to its thoughtful design you can set up the stand in no time and even adjust the height (18-23”) without any hassle
- PRACTICE ANYTIME, ANYWHERE - Evans RealFeel Practice Pad provides the best practice substitute to acoustic drums, so you can practice rudiments, paradiddles or just drum along to that song on the radio – without disturbing anyone. Portable and quiet, it works on any surface including carpet, table, lap or inside a standard snare basket.
- TWO-SIDED – The two-sided design of the practice pad gives you options for the type of practice you are doing. One side features a slightly textured natural gum rubber for realistic stick rebound. The other side features a harder, firmer recycled rubber with less rebound for a real practice workout.
- AVAILABLE IN 3 SIZES – A variety of RealFeel practice pad models are available to suit individual practice requirements including a 6” practice pad, 7” apprentice practice pad and a 12” practice pad (not mountable).
- PERFECT FOR ALL DRUMMERS - From the beginner practicing in the back of mom’s car on the way to lessons to the professional practicing on the tour bus, RealFeel practice pads suit every player’s practice needs, no matter how demanding. The natural gum rubber side is finished with a dark gray fabric that resists wear and tear.
- MADE IN THE USA - For over 40 years, Evans has been a pioneer in drum head manufacturing and design. All RealFeel practice pads are proudly designed, engineered, and manufactured in the USA to the most stringent quality controls in the industry.