The latest models of these speakers are surprisingly light compared to previous models designed a few years ago. These speakers are appealing to sound engineers and musicians because of their improved sound quality and versatility. Active speakers can be used for a wide range of activities but they are mostly used at parties, conferences, and concerts.
They are also very perfect for home stereo systems. While there are so many speakers available in the market today, this article will breakdown what the market considers as the best of these speakers.
So here are your Top 5 best-powered speakers for keyboards:
5. Peavey KB 1 20W Keyboard Amp
The Peavey KB 1 20W Keyboard Amp is a reliable keyboard amp that offers so much bass. It features two channels that come separately with a 2-band equalizer for each channel. It also delivers clean power of 20 watts and is just ideal for keyboards, electric guitar, acoustic guitar and voice. It is also perfect for backing machines and drum machines.
This product offers musicians all the power and quality they need. It works as an amplifier and can also serve as a sound system ideal for your live performances. It is very suitable for band rehearsals as well. You can connect many instruments to this amp, like; the keyboard, backing tracks, bass, guitar, microphone and more. It is perfect for these instruments, as stated by lessonsinyourhome.net.
The Peavey KB 1 20W Keyboard Amp also features a headphone out and an extended range of speakers that is 8 inches in dimension. If you are performing at a small gig with an electronic guitar, then you will need this amplifier. It delivers sounds with high quality and can work very well with your portable PA as well. One downside is that the speaker cannot handle the full bass generated by the amp. Using the full bass boost with this speaker could affect its longevity.
4. Alesis M1 Active 330 USB
This is a perfect audio interface that works perfectly with the keyboard. It features stereo monitors with USB, tweeter (1 inch) and woofer (3 inches). Other features include; RCA (1/8 inches), inputs (1/4 inches), USB audio interface, stereo headphone output of 1/8 inch dimension placed at the front and acoustic that has a frequency response of about 20 kilohertz. It also offers a 16-bit recording as well as playback.
It comes with quality RCA jacks and 1/4 inch plugs. It can be placed near your television set without causing any interference because it is magnetically shielded. You can record audio to your computer through this USB speaker and also enjoy audio coming directly from your computer. This can be achieved by simply connecting your USB to your computer. You can also enhance bass frequencies by using the bass boost switch.
The M1 Active 330 USB speakers also work as an audio interface for DJ mixers, microphones, and guitar effects. You can also conveniently connect your tape players to it. It offers accurate reproduction that helps you with your mixes. It is also very portable and has a lightweight. This product has a remarkable sound quality with a nice low frequency and is the perfect device for MIDI instruments. With this speaker, you really do not need an amplifier.
3. BEHRINGER MS16
The Behringer MS16 features two separate eight-watt amps that powers tweeters with high resolution and 4-inch woofers. It is ideal for keyboards, home theaters and other multimedia devices. It is designed for vocal monitoring and is also suitable for playbacks. It also features RCA inputs. These inputs can be used alongside a second stereo source (like your media player) via a TRS stereo input. It has a volume control as well as treble and bass controls that make it much more flexible and easier to use.
This device can also be placed close to a television without any magnetic interference. The loudspeaker automatically mutes once a headphone is connected. It is of high quality and has a solid construction that makes it durable with a long lifespan.
The Behringer MS16 comes with in-built mixers that have stereo inputs you can connect your music device to. Now you can upgrade your sound system at an affordable price and provide a perfect alternative for the speakers of your keyboard by purchasing the Behringer MS16.
2. BEHRINGER EUROLIVE B205D
This is a multi-purpose speaker for keyboard monitoring applications. It also works for vocal applications, home studio, press conferences and more. It is lightweight but delivers so much power (150 watts) and performance. It features a three-channel mixer with three-band equalizer and mic preamps for condenser mics. It has an in-built limiter for full system control. This limiter also protects the speaker. It is strong, durable and can withstand several hard knocks.
This product doesn’t consume much power. It also features a carry handle at the top that makes it convenient to move about. This speaker can be placed on a mic stand for more convenience especially when used at meetings or gigs. It can also be placed on a table or directly on an electronic keyboard.
Even with its small size, the Behringer Eurolive b205d delivers an astonishing loud sound of high quality. They are lighter compared to other active speakers and weigh just 7 lbs. Through the handy socket, you can connect other active speakers to it. It also has an instrument-ready input that is switchable and requires no DI. This speaker comes with its own in-built amplifier and so you do not need an external amplifier for your sound system setup.
1. Logitech S150 USB Speakers with Digital Sound
There are many expensive speakers with so many complex features out there in the market today but the Logitech S150 USB Speakers give you what you require at a reasonable price. The controls are very simple and easy to use. They also offer USB connectivity and deliver outstanding sound quality. They come with only one wire that makes connection hassle-free.
They produce quality sound that even at maximum volume; you do not experience much distortion. They also deliver nice and decent bass without the crappy, tinny sound you’d expect to get with some cheap speakers.
Some setbacks are that they are not so sturdy and won’t stand upright and can easily tip over but this is probably to save you some space on your table. They are not as lightweight and do not have a very good balance. The volume control buttons are also very small and make a distinct “click” sound anytime it is pressed.
This speaker seems not to have low volume levels and this obviously can be a disadvantage to some people but then considering the price, I think, overall it is a good product.
How do I connect my speakers to my keyboard?
What is the best amp for a keyboard?
Do I need a keyboard amp?
Do MIDI keyboards have speakers?
- Rockville RPG8 8" Active/Powered 400 Watts DJ PA Speaker System. 100-Watt RMS / 200 Watts Program Power / 400 Watts Peak. High power long-throw 8'' woofer with 2" aluminum voice coil provides incredibly deep bass and acoustic power. Frequency Response: 50Hz-20KHz. Maximum SPL @1w/1m: 119dB peak / 116dB continuous.
- High-power 2-way pro sound reinforcement speaker system for live sound and playback applications. Compact and light weight system delivers distortion free sound even at extreme SPL. Linear Class AB amplifier technology: high power, transparent sonic performance. Internal switch-mode power supply for low distortion audio with superior transient response.
- Built-in bass and treble equalization processor for ultimate system control and speaker protection. State-of-the-art 1.35'' Japanese made pure titanium-diaphragm compression driver for crystal clear high-frequency reproduction. Ultra-wide dispersion, 40° large-format horizontal wave guide horn molded directly into cabinet.
- Ultra-low noise Mic / Line input via XLR & 1/4-inch stereo jacks with volume control. Line RCA and XLR input with separate Gain adjustment. Additional balanced line output via XLR for linking of additional speaker systems. Versatile trapezoidal enclosure design allows different positioning. Flyable and stand mounting with 35-mm pole socket.
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged high impact ABS construction. Amplifier clip limit LED indicator & power LED cabinet rear. Front display power meter Blue LED. Dimensions : 11.57" X 8.98" X 16.23".
- The reviews speak for themselves!
- The only true studio monitor for multimedia, gaming, watching movies, or producing your next hit
- Studio-quality industrial design. They look as great as they sound. Protection: RF interference, output-current limiting, over-temperature, turn-on/off transient
- 3. 5-Inch woven composite drivers produce a more powerful bass response with a more accurate overall sound
- The only monitors in their class with acoustic tuning. This enables you to get pristine sound quality in any room. Crossover frequency: 2. 8 kHz
- Single USB cable for computers and laptops | enjoy a hassle-free Audio experience with a single USB cable without the need for a power adapter
- Far-field drivers and passive radiators | custom-tuned far-field driver solution with rear facing passive radiators for excellent audio and enhanced bass reproduction
- 45° elevated drivers | for enhanced audio projection and an immersive personal listening experience
- Modern and stylish aesthetics | perfect for any modern homes, offices and workspaces.
- Easy access volume control | Conveniently placed Front-facing controls for instant adjustments
- (2) Rockville BPA15 15" Active DJ/PA Speakers Totaling 1600 Watt With Built In Bluetooth, Remote, SD/USB Reader and Built With High Quality Materials
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20KHz. Maximum SPL @1w/1m: 95dB peak / 92dB continuous. Bluetooth signal input. Now you can input any audio signal from your Bluetooth enabled music player or phone. No cables necessary! Bluetooth range is 32 feet.. USB/SD digital MP3 music player. Input audio signals, special effects, any preprogrammed audio file and amplify it through your system. Wireless remote control.
- Enjoy the added convenience of being able to adjust any of the MP3 player functions, including volume, from the included wireless remote.. LCD screen displays MP3 functions including BT connectivity.. Channel 1 features XLR and 1/4" TRS” inputs with volume control. Channel 2 features RCA, and 1/8" aux inputs with volume control. XLR line output for connecting to additional powered speakers, a mixer, or a powered subwoofer.
- High-power 2-way pro sound reinforcement speaker system for live sound and playback applications. Built In 2 band equalizer to adjust high and low frequencies independently. Compact and light weight system delivers distortion free sound even at extreme SPL. Linear Class AB amplifier technology: high power, transparent sonic performance. State-of-the-art 1'' pure titanium-diaphragm compression driver for crystal clear high-frequency reproduction.
- Built In high quality crossover to filter out unwanted frequencies. Versatile trapezoidal enclosure design allows different positioning. Stand mounting with 35-mm pole socket. Flyable. High-quality components and exceptionally rugged high impact ABS construction. Amplifier clip limit LED indicator & power LED cabinet rear. Built In FM Radio With 10 Presets and US/European Tuning. 110 / 220 Volt switchable power supply with external user serviceable fusing.
- Rockville BPA8 8" 300 Watt Active DJ/PA Speaker With Built In Bluetooth. 300 Watts Peak/150 Watts Program/75 Watts RMS. High power long-throw 8'' woofer with 1.5" KSV voice coil provides incredibly deep bass and acoustic power.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20KHz. Maximum SPL @1w/1m: 95dB peak / 92dB continuous. Bluetooth signal input. Now you can input any audio signal from your Bluetooth enabled music player or phone. No cables necessary! Bluetooth range is 32 feet.
- USB/SD digital MP3 music player. Input audio signals, special effects, any preprogrammed audio file and amplify it through your system. Wireless remote control. Enjoy the added convenience of being able to adjust any of the MP3 player functions.
- LCD screen displays MP3 functions including BT connectivity. Channel 1 features XLR and 1/4" TRS" inputs with volume control. Channel 2 features RCA, and 1/8" aux inputs with volume control.
- XLR line output for connecting to additional powered speakers, a mixer, or a powered subwoofer. High-power 2-way pro sound reinforcement speaker system for live sound and playback applications.