The latest models of these speakers are surprisingly light compared to previous models designed a few years ago. These speakers are appealing to sound engineers and musicians because of their improved sound quality and versatility. Active speakers can be used for a wide range of activities but they are mostly used at parties, conferences, and concerts.
They are also very perfect for home stereo systems. While there are so many speakers available in the market today, this article will breakdown what the market considers as the best of these speakers.
So here are your Top 5 best-powered speakers for keyboards:
5. Peavey KB 1 20W Keyboard Amp
The Peavey KB 1 20W Keyboard Amp is a reliable keyboard amp that offers so much bass. It features two channels that come separately with a 2-band equalizer for each channel. It also delivers clean power of 20 watts and is just ideal for keyboards, electric guitar, acoustic guitar and voice. It is also perfect for backing machines and drum machines.
This product offers musicians all the power and quality they need. It works as an amplifier and can also serve as a sound system ideal for your live performances. It is very suitable for band rehearsals as well. You can connect many instruments to this amp, like; the keyboard, backing tracks, bass, guitar, microphone and more. It is perfect for these instruments, as stated by lessonsinyourhome.net.
The Peavey KB 1 20W Keyboard Amp also features a headphone out and an extended range of speakers that is 8 inches in dimension. If you are performing at a small gig with an electronic guitar, then you will need this amplifier. It delivers sounds with high quality and can work very well with your portable PA as well. One downside is that the speaker cannot handle the full bass generated by the amp. Using the full bass boost with this speaker could affect its longevity.
4. Alesis M1 Active 330 USB
This is a perfect audio interface that works perfectly with the keyboard. It features stereo monitors with USB, tweeter (1 inch) and woofer (3 inches). Other features include; RCA (1/8 inches), inputs (1/4 inches), USB audio interface, stereo headphone output of 1/8 inch dimension placed at the front and acoustic that has a frequency response of about 20 kilohertz. It also offers a 16-bit recording as well as playback.
It comes with quality RCA jacks and 1/4 inch plugs. It can be placed near your television set without causing any interference because it is magnetically shielded. You can record audio to your computer through this USB speaker and also enjoy audio coming directly from your computer. This can be achieved by simply connecting your USB to your computer. You can also enhance bass frequencies by using the bass boost switch.
The M1 Active 330 USB speakers also work as an audio interface for DJ mixers, microphones, and guitar effects. You can also conveniently connect your tape players to it. It offers accurate reproduction that helps you with your mixes. It is also very portable and has a lightweight. This product has a remarkable sound quality with a nice low frequency and is the perfect device for MIDI instruments. With this speaker, you really do not need an amplifier.
3. BEHRINGER MS16
The Behringer MS16 features two separate eight-watt amps that powers tweeters with high resolution and 4-inch woofers. It is ideal for keyboards, home theaters and other multimedia devices. It is designed for vocal monitoring and is also suitable for playbacks. It also features RCA inputs. These inputs can be used alongside a second stereo source (like your media player) via a TRS stereo input. It has a volume control as well as treble and bass controls that make it much more flexible and easier to use.
This device can also be placed close to a television without any magnetic interference. The loudspeaker automatically mutes once a headphone is connected. It is of high quality and has a solid construction that makes it durable with a long lifespan.
The Behringer MS16 comes with in-built mixers that have stereo inputs you can connect your music device to. Now you can upgrade your sound system at an affordable price and provide a perfect alternative for the speakers of your keyboard by purchasing the Behringer MS16.
2. BEHRINGER EUROLIVE B205D
This is a multi-purpose speaker for keyboard monitoring applications. It also works for vocal applications, home studio, press conferences and more. It is lightweight but delivers so much power (150 watts) and performance. It features a three-channel mixer with three-band equalizer and mic preamps for condenser mics. It has an in-built limiter for full system control. This limiter also protects the speaker. It is strong, durable and can withstand several hard knocks.
This product doesn’t consume much power. It also features a carry handle at the top that makes it convenient to move about. This speaker can be placed on a mic stand for more convenience especially when used at meetings or gigs. It can also be placed on a table or directly on an electronic keyboard.
Even with its small size, the Behringer Eurolive b205d delivers an astonishing loud sound of high quality. They are lighter compared to other active speakers and weigh just 7 lbs. Through the handy socket, you can connect other active speakers to it. It also has an instrument-ready input that is switchable and requires no DI. This speaker comes with its own in-built amplifier and so you do not need an external amplifier for your sound system setup.
1. Logitech S150 USB Speakers with Digital Sound
There are many expensive speakers with so many complex features out there in the market today but the Logitech S150 USB Speakers give you what you require at a reasonable price. The controls are very simple and easy to use. They also offer USB connectivity and deliver outstanding sound quality. They come with only one wire that makes connection hassle-free.
They produce quality sound that even at maximum volume; you do not experience much distortion. They also deliver nice and decent bass without the crappy, tinny sound you’d expect to get with some cheap speakers.
Some setbacks are that they are not so sturdy and won’t stand upright and can easily tip over but this is probably to save you some space on your table. They are not as lightweight and do not have a very good balance. The volume control buttons are also very small and make a distinct “click” sound anytime it is pressed.
This speaker seems not to have low volume levels and this obviously can be a disadvantage to some people but then considering the price, I think, overall it is a good product.
How do I connect my speakers to my keyboard?
What is the best amp for a keyboard?
Do I need a keyboard amp?
Do MIDI keyboards have speakers?
- MkII series features next-generation JBL transducers, new Boundary EQ, and a sleek new design
- Updated HF and LF transducers: new design improvements result in optimized damping for superior transient response and impressive deep bass with lower harmonic distortion
- New boundary EQ: restores neutral low frequency response when speakers are placed on the work surface and adjacent to walls
- Sleek, modern design provides a dramatic flair to any studio
- Broad sweet spot: neutral frequency response across a wide area allows you to fine-tune your mix even while listening off-axis
- 400 WATT POWER: This high powered PA amplifier speaker has an 8" woofer w/ maximum power output of 400-watt peak / 200 watts RMS so you can play your favorite tracks as loud as you want and with style. Perfect for DJ party/gatherings
- COMPATIBLE WITH BLUETOOTH: This PA loudspeaker is compatible with Bluetooth for wireless audio streaming and works with devices like iPhone, android mobile phone, iPad, tablet, PC. Ideal for personal indoor home and outdoor use
- INSTANT KARAOKE FUN: This box type compact amplifier speaker has 2 1/4" microphone and 2 1/4"guitar/instruments input and you can connect up to 3 mics simultaneously for a karaoke party. Includes dynamic microphone, 1/4" - aux and RCA audio cable
- FRONT CONTROL PANEL: This heavy duty amplifier speaker is also equipped w/ a front control panel for adjusting the bass, treble, and echo levels and mic, guitar, audio, and iPod/MP3 volume levels. Comes with a 35mm stand mount
- RECHARGEABLE BATTERY: This high powered heavy-duty wireless PA system has a built-in Lead Acid, 12V 7Ah rechargeable battery w/ battery life of up to 10 hours and has a telescoping handle and caster wheels which makes it convenient and portable
- Rockville RPG8 8" Active/Powered 400 Watts DJ PA Speaker System. 100-Watt RMS / 200 Watts Program Power / 400 Watts Peak. High power long-throw 8'' woofer with 2" aluminum voice coil provides incredibly deep bass and acoustic power. Frequency Response: 50Hz-20KHz. Maximum SPL @1w/1m: 119dB peak / 116dB continuous.
- High-power 2-way pro sound reinforcement speaker system for live sound and playback applications. Compact and light weight system delivers distortion free sound even at extreme SPL. Linear Class AB amplifier technology: high power, transparent sonic performance. Internal switch-mode power supply for low distortion audio with superior transient response.
- Built-in bass and treble equalization processor for ultimate system control and speaker protection. State-of-the-art 1.35'' Japanese made pure titanium-diaphragm compression driver for crystal clear high-frequency reproduction. Ultra-wide dispersion, 40° large-format horizontal wave guide horn molded directly into cabinet.
- Ultra-low noise Mic / Line input via XLR & 1/4-inch stereo jacks with volume control. Line RCA and XLR input with separate Gain adjustment. Additional balanced line output via XLR for linking of additional speaker systems. Versatile trapezoidal enclosure design allows different positioning. Flyable and stand mounting with 35-mm pole socket.
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged high impact ABS construction. Amplifier clip limit LED indicator & power LED cabinet rear. Front display power meter Blue LED. Dimensions : 11.57" X 8.98" X 16.23".
- 5.25 inch fiberglass woofers; 1 inch soft-dome tweeters; 2 x 50 watts of built-in power; real wood cabinets
- DIGITAL AND ANALOG INPUTS - 24-Bit/96kHz USB and Optical digital inputs; full-size 1/4 inch RCA L/R analog inputs switchable between AUX and built-in PHONO - no need for a separate outboard preamp to listen to vinyl
- ENHANCED FEATURES - wireless Bluetooth streaming; Subwoofer output for additional bass; 5V USB charging port to keep your mobile device charged
- CONTROL - Choose your input and control the volume from the IR wireless remote control or right on the front panel of the speaker; front panel LEDs show power status and selected input; adjust bass and treble from the remote
- Removable speaker grills included; desktop stands available separately
- 12" Powered Speaker
- High Performance Main or Monitor Speaker
- 7-Year Warranty
- 1000 Watts of Clean Digital Power, 131 dB SPL
- FIR-X Tuning