The latest models of these speakers are surprisingly light compared to previous models designed a few years ago. These speakers are appealing to sound engineers and musicians because of their improved sound quality and versatility. Active speakers can be used for a wide range of activities but they are mostly used at parties, conferences, and concerts.
They are also very perfect for home stereo systems. While there are so many speakers available in the market today, this article will breakdown what the market considers as the best of these speakers.
So here are your Top 5 best-powered speakers for keyboards:
5. Peavey KB 1 20W Keyboard Amp
The Peavey KB 1 20W Keyboard Amp is a reliable keyboard amp that offers so much bass. It features two channels that come separately with a 2-band equalizer for each channel. It also delivers clean power of 20 watts and is just ideal for keyboards, electric guitar, acoustic guitar and voice. It is also perfect for backing machines and drum machines.
This product offers musicians all the power and quality they need. It works as an amplifier and can also serve as a sound system ideal for your live performances. It is very suitable for band rehearsals as well. You can connect many instruments to this amp, like; the keyboard, backing tracks, bass, guitar, microphone and more. It is perfect for these instruments, as stated by lessonsinyourhome.net.
The Peavey KB 1 20W Keyboard Amp also features a headphone out and an extended range of speakers that is 8 inches in dimension. If you are performing at a small gig with an electronic guitar, then you will need this amplifier. It delivers sounds with high quality and can work very well with your portable PA as well. One downside is that the speaker cannot handle the full bass generated by the amp. Using the full bass boost with this speaker could affect its longevity.
4. Alesis M1 Active 330 USB
This is a perfect audio interface that works perfectly with the keyboard. It features stereo monitors with USB, tweeter (1 inch) and woofer (3 inches). Other features include; RCA (1/8 inches), inputs (1/4 inches), USB audio interface, stereo headphone output of 1/8 inch dimension placed at the front and acoustic that has a frequency response of about 20 kilohertz. It also offers a 16-bit recording as well as playback.
It comes with quality RCA jacks and 1/4 inch plugs. It can be placed near your television set without causing any interference because it is magnetically shielded. You can record audio to your computer through this USB speaker and also enjoy audio coming directly from your computer. This can be achieved by simply connecting your USB to your computer. You can also enhance bass frequencies by using the bass boost switch.
The M1 Active 330 USB speakers also work as an audio interface for DJ mixers, microphones, and guitar effects. You can also conveniently connect your tape players to it. It offers accurate reproduction that helps you with your mixes. It is also very portable and has a lightweight. This product has a remarkable sound quality with a nice low frequency and is the perfect device for MIDI instruments. With this speaker, you really do not need an amplifier.
3. BEHRINGER MS16
The Behringer MS16 features two separate eight-watt amps that powers tweeters with high resolution and 4-inch woofers. It is ideal for keyboards, home theaters and other multimedia devices. It is designed for vocal monitoring and is also suitable for playbacks. It also features RCA inputs. These inputs can be used alongside a second stereo source (like your media player) via a TRS stereo input. It has a volume control as well as treble and bass controls that make it much more flexible and easier to use.
This device can also be placed close to a television without any magnetic interference. The loudspeaker automatically mutes once a headphone is connected. It is of high quality and has a solid construction that makes it durable with a long lifespan.
The Behringer MS16 comes with in-built mixers that have stereo inputs you can connect your music device to. Now you can upgrade your sound system at an affordable price and provide a perfect alternative for the speakers of your keyboard by purchasing the Behringer MS16.
2. BEHRINGER EUROLIVE B205D
This is a multi-purpose speaker for keyboard monitoring applications. It also works for vocal applications, home studio, press conferences and more. It is lightweight but delivers so much power (150 watts) and performance. It features a three-channel mixer with three-band equalizer and mic preamps for condenser mics. It has an in-built limiter for full system control. This limiter also protects the speaker. It is strong, durable and can withstand several hard knocks.
This product doesn’t consume much power. It also features a carry handle at the top that makes it convenient to move about. This speaker can be placed on a mic stand for more convenience especially when used at meetings or gigs. It can also be placed on a table or directly on an electronic keyboard.
Even with its small size, the Behringer Eurolive b205d delivers an astonishing loud sound of high quality. They are lighter compared to other active speakers and weigh just 7 lbs. Through the handy socket, you can connect other active speakers to it. It also has an instrument-ready input that is switchable and requires no DI. This speaker comes with its own in-built amplifier and so you do not need an external amplifier for your sound system setup.
1. Logitech S150 USB Speakers with Digital Sound
There are many expensive speakers with so many complex features out there in the market today but the Logitech S150 USB Speakers give you what you require at a reasonable price. The controls are very simple and easy to use. They also offer USB connectivity and deliver outstanding sound quality. They come with only one wire that makes connection hassle-free.
They produce quality sound that even at maximum volume; you do not experience much distortion. They also deliver nice and decent bass without the crappy, tinny sound you’d expect to get with some cheap speakers.
Some setbacks are that they are not so sturdy and won’t stand upright and can easily tip over but this is probably to save you some space on your table. They are not as lightweight and do not have a very good balance. The volume control buttons are also very small and make a distinct “click” sound anytime it is pressed.
This speaker seems not to have low volume levels and this obviously can be a disadvantage to some people but then considering the price, I think, overall it is a good product.
How do I connect my speakers to my keyboard?
What is the best amp for a keyboard?
Do I need a keyboard amp?
Do MIDI keyboards have speakers?
- World Wide Input Voltage 100-240VAC 50/60Hz. OVP, OCP, SCP Protection (OVP: Over Voltage output Protection. OCP: Over Current output Protection. SCP: Short Circuit output Protection). Tested Units. In Great Working Condition. UpBright 30 days money back guarantee. 1 full year service warranty.
- UpBright NEW Global AC / DC Adapter Replacement For Roland KC110 KC-110 BA-55 BA55 3-Channel Stereo Mixing Keyboard Amp Battery Powered Speaker Portable Amplifier 13V - 14V Switching Power Supply Cord Cable Battery Charger Mains PSU
- POWERFUL 100 WATT ACTIVE PA SPEAKER WOOFER SYSTEM : LyxPro SPA-8 Comes built in with a Professional powered 8” Inch Real 100 Watt Powerful Active DJ/PA Amplifier woofer System Power Split 70-Watt LF & 30-Watt HF
- PERFECT CLEAR SOUND AND PERFORMANCE WITH BLUETOOTH CONNECTION : Enjoy your favorite Music thru the Built in Bluetooth connection directly from your Phone Iphone , or Music Player no cables needed , Great for churches, small parties, schools, class rooms, gyms, corporate meetings & presentaions
- GREAT FOR ANY OCASSION AND LOCATION : Enjoy endless great music playing and listening whether its guitar piano or drum playing, indoor or outdoor party, or speaking to an audience - Compact and lightweight to carry around for indoor and outdoor use Lightweight Weighs a merely 14 Pounds – Compact size is 14” H x 9.25” W x 8” D
- MULTIPLE EASY CONNECTIONS : Easily connects to your phone with the Built in Bluetooth, Onboard intuitive music controls for Mp3 EQ control Section , XLR Microphone input , SD Card Slot & USB Input, 3.5mm AUX input w/Per-Input level knobs, R/L RCA Inputs w/Per-Input Level Knobs, XLR 1/4" Inputs with Mic/Line switch
- LINK MULTIPLE SPEAKERS AT ONCE : With a simple XLR Cable you can daisy chain multiple active / Passive speakers with one easy setup to your favorite instrument or microphone - 100% Customer Satisfaction GUARANTEED we stand behind our products and pride ourselves with exceptional customer service care
- Rockville RSM12A 12" 1000 watt 2-way powered Active stage floor monitor speaker. 250 Watt RMS/500 watts Program power/1000 Watts Peak
- High power 12" woofer with 2. 5" KS voice coil provides incredibly deep bass and acoustic power. A microphone/line selectable input gives you the flexibility of plugging in a mixer signal, microphone, keyboard, or your guitar
- Link out connection via combo balanced XLR - ¼ " TRS preamp output for multi speaker setup. Led power and clipping LED indicators. Frequency response: 45hz-20khz. Maximum SPL @1W/1M: 93dB peak
- High-power 2-way Pro sound stage monitor speaker system for live sound and playback applications. Wedge shaped enclosure provides the perfect angle for stage monitoring use
- Compact and light weight system delivers distortion free sound even at extreme SPL. Great power to weight ratio. Linear Class AB amplifier technology: High power, transparent sonic performance
- Superior PA Sound – 2000W (1300 LF + 700 HF) active PA speaker with precision crossover and high-efficiency class D amplifiers
- Driving Bass, Pristine Highs - 8-inch (305 mm) LF driver, 2.5-inch (76 mm) high-temperature voice coil; 1.4-inch (35 mm) neodymium magnet HF driver with precision wave guide
- Setup Simplified - Lightweight, PA cabinet design for easy transport, set up and installation; pole-mountable, wedge monitor, bracket installation or flown application with M6 suspension points
- Ready for Any Situation - Integrated 2-channel mixer with dual XLR 1/4-inch combo mic/line inputs, independent level controls, XLR Link output, Contour EQ switch and Ground-Lift switch
- Precision Engineered - Designed and tuned in the USA
- 12" Powered Speaker
- High Performance Main or Monitor Speaker
- 7-Year Warranty
- 1000 Watts of Clean Digital Power, 131 dB SPL
- FIR-X Tuning