Portable fish finders are ideal for use in areas where you can’t mount your boat permanently and it is also the right device to take you to places where everyday fish hunters won’t go to.
It is also considered today as the best solution for fishing from shore, going on trips and mounting on small-sized boats but most people find it difficult to make the right choice when it comes down to owning one.
Whether you fish from canoes, kayaks, piers, shore or float tubes, bear it in mind that there is a fish finder specially designed for you and we urge you to take a walk with us as we show you the best models which would work well in any fishing conditions.
5. iBobber Wireless Bluetooth Smart Fish Finder for iOS and Android devices
When it comes to finding where fishes are you can rely on the iBobber wireless Bluetooth fish finder to get the job done and it was designed bearing flexibility and portability so that every angler would find them very easy and convenient to make use of and take them along on their fishing trips.
With this iBobber fish finder device, you can easily map depth contours, mark fishes, save water temperature, location, weather and also view underwater structures.
When it comes to fishing from docks and shores, this quality fish finder device is all you need and it is also ideal for canoe, raft or kayak fishing and it can also be used in freshwater and saltwater.
- Syncs perfectly with phones and it is very easy to make use of
- Well designed to find and capture fresh game
- Works exceedingly well even during night time fishing
- Long and durable battery life
- Takes time to connect once it gets dipped inside water
4. Venterior Portable Fish Finder, Water Depth & Temperature
One of the benefits that come with using the Venterior portable fish finder is it helps in selecting the depth of water and location of fish for fishermen and it can be used in either a sea, lake or river.
It is also very important to note that this fish finder would turn off automatically when it reads for up to five minutes while its transmitter boasts of a waterproof design but its receiver isn’t waterproof so it shouldn’t be submerged inside the water.
Other vital use of this quality fishfinder includes detecting short or tall weeds, rocks, sand and many more and it can also be used ice fishing, on a boat or fishing off the dock.
- Its small size is ideal and it is also designed to work and live up to users expectation
- Designed to show you where fishes are
- Can also be used a depth gauge and checking water temperature
- Great customer care service
- Doesn’t work when it gets wet
- Poor battery life
3. Venterior Portable Fish Finder, Fishfinder with Wired Sonar Sensor
Thanks to its LCD display, you can now read data and view images clearly and this Venterior portable fish finder with Sonar Sensor Transducer works effectively when it comes to detecting and displaying rocks, sand, tall and short weed, fish location and depth of water.
However this fish finder can be used in ice fishing, on a boat, fishing off the dock and it can also be applied to sea, river, lake and other fishing environments.
Its neck strap design allows you to wear them around the neck for easy accessibility while it’s easy to read and understand the instructional manual also helps to show you how it is used in order to simplify operation.
- Works great even on ice and it is ideal for obtaining depth feature information and fish location
- Ensures your desired fish gets caught
- Great design and it works as advertised
- Doesn’t work very accurate when it comes to finding fish
- Isn’t a waterproof design so it tends to get damaged when it comes in contact with water
- Poor battery life
2. Deeper Smart Sonar PRO+ – GPS Portable Wireless Wi-Fi Fish
Highly recommended for every fisherman out there, this top-rated fish finder works effectively when it comes to detecting tall and short weeds, fish location, water depth, rocks, sand and more and it can be applied to sea, river, lake and any other fishing environment.
One impressive feature of this quality fish finder is its wired sonar sensor which works effectively in detecting and identifying objects inside water.
One advantage this device has over other devices available today is its ability to detect where fishes are no matter the amount of mud, heavy silt or how dirty the water is while its sonar signal is strong enough to travel through the air and not through water.
- The transducer works perfectly well
- Recommended for use with any kayak
- Delivers accurate results when it comes to giving water temperature and water depth information
- Portable design makes it very easy to pack
1. Garmin Striker 4 Bbuilt-in GPS Fish Finder
One impressive feature of the Garmin striker 4 built-in GPS fish finder is its CHIRP SONAR technology which is designed to send continuous frequency sweep in order to obtain a wider range of information.
It also works effectively in generating better fish arches together with outstanding target separation.
This device is quite easy to install and also very easy to make use of and its primary aim is to show you what occupies the water surrounding you as it is well designed to offer you images of fish, structures and objects.
The Garmin striker built-in GPS fish finder is also well designed for vertical jigging and ice fishing while its in-built flasher allows you view sonar data in a classic and impressive fisher format.
- Easy to set up and easy to install
- Top performance and great value product
- It is also considered as an upgrade or great addition to any aluminum boat
- Works well in helping to find fish
- Doesn’t function as expected or lives up to the user’s expectation
Conclusion – What You Should Know
We hope that you would get the best advice on the right type of fish finder for you after reading through this review and whether you would be fishing from a kayak, in ice holes or even from a shore be rest assured that the devices listed in this review will be very useful and work excellently well so feel free to go for any of the models listed above.