When selecting an ideal nipple for breastfeeding your little one, you have to look for the one that would be accepted or welcomed by your baby. There are nipples that makes it easy for babies to suck on as they imitate the act of sucking natural breasts and most times their flow rate and shape are key factors to consider when selecting the one that’s best for your little one.
Without taking much of your time, take a walk with us as we show you the best nipples for breastfeeding your little one today.
- 5. Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Medium Flow Nipples, 2 Count
- 4. Medela 3 Piece Wide Base Slow Flow Nipples, 0-4 Months
- 3. Enfamil standard flow Soft Nipple (Pack of 12)
- 2. Philips Agent BPA Free Natural Fast Flow Nipples, 2 Count
- 1. Dr. Brown’s Original Nipple, Level 1 (0m+), 6 Pack
- Other Reliable Nipples For Breastfeeding Babies Includes
- 1. Lansinoh Contact Nipple Shield with Carrying Case, 2 Count, 24mm, for Breastfeeding Assistance
- 2. Purifyou Premium Nipple Shield, Set of 3 with Soft Cotton Reusable Drawstring Bag – Non-Toxic, BPA and BPS Free
- 3. Haakaa Breast-Feeding Contact Nipple Shield with Carrying Case, Fit All Kind of Breast
- 4. NUK Barely There Nipple Shield with Case
- 5. Medela Contact Nipple Shields, 24mm Nippleshield, Pack of 2 with Carrying Case
- Conclusion – What You Should Know
- Other Related Reviews:
5. Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Medium Flow Nipples, 2 Count
Made using top quality silicone material, this nipple is a durable one and it is well designed to mimic breast movement, stretch, natural flex which makes feeding very convenient and east for both mother and child.
One impressive feature of this nipple is its slow flow teat design which comes together with a sensitive valve that helps to get rid of the excess flow of air and this silicone teat also flexes, stretches and feels like humans skin which makes feeding similar to breastfeeding.
Your baby will latch on easily using this nipple thanks to its large shaped breast teat and it is also well designed to boost bottle to breast transition.
- Very soft and easy to make use of
- Pours liquid very fast
- Its rate of pouring liquid tends to choke your little one
4. Medela 3 Piece Wide Base Slow Flow Nipples, 0-4 Months
The Medela three-piece slow flow nipple is another popular and well-designed nipple for breastfeeding your little one and one reason why it is widely used today is that it helps to compliment the shape and feel of breastfeeding.
This nipple is ideal for use in infants and newborns as it boasts of the medium and slow flow of feeding and you have nothing to be worried about while your baby makes use of this nipple as it doesn’t contain BPA or any harmful material which could cause harm to your baby’s health.
It is suitable for use with breast milk and it can be washed using the hands, boiled, micro steamed or washed using a dishwasher.
- Top-quality construction which guarantees long-lasting use
- No form of leakages
- Messy spills
- Extremely long nipple which makes sucking difficult
- Makes your baby gag
3. Enfamil standard flow Soft Nipple (Pack of 12)
The Enfamil Standard flow soft nipple comes individually wrapped, ready for use and also well vented which allows an optimal flow of air as your baby sucks on it.
One impressive feature of this standard nipple is it is well designed to fit most bottles whether they are of a classic size or standard bottle sizes such as the Snappies, Mead Johnson Cleft Lip/Palate nursers, Enfamil Grad-U-Feed nursers, Enfamil bottles and nursette bottles.
This nipple is recommended for every baby and it is also latex-free which makes it safe for every baby.
- Easy to use
- its slow flow design makes it easy for babies to suck on it
- suitable for breast milk or formula milk
- Slow flow design is quite fast for smaller babies
Trending Article: Best Organic Milk For Toddlers
2. Philips Agent BPA Free Natural Fast Flow Nipples, 2 Count
This top rates nipple is well designed to make the bottle and breastfeeding easy for babies and your baby will fall in love with its breast-like, wide and comfortable petals which makes this nipple quite flexible and soft to latch on.
This nipple is recommended for use for babies aged six months and it also boasts of four holes which guarantee fast flow.
You have nothing to be worried about when your baby sucks on this nipple as it is made using durable and soft silicone material which is flavorless and odorless and these nipples can also be sterilized using boiled water for five minutes, using any Philips steam sterilizer or being washed in a dishwasher.
- Very easy to clean
- Milk and water flow smoothly and easily
- Helps in transiting from breast to bottle and from bottle to breast
- Early color change
1. Dr. Brown’s Original Nipple, Level 1 (0m+), 6 Pack
The Dr. Brown original nipple is another highly recommended and top-rated nipple that you would come across today as it boasts of an inner well-vented system that works effectively in the reduction of gas, burping, spit-up and colic.
Another impressive feature of this top-rated nipple is its positive pressure design which guarantees that your little one feeds quite comfortably.
Making use of this nipple for your little one ensures that vacuum and bubbles get eliminated and it also comes with two replacement nipples so you can have another option if something happens to the first.
It is ideal for use for baby’s aged zero plus months while all its parts can be safely washed using a dishwasher.
- Guarantees less mess
- Guarantees that your baby feeds well and gets satisfied
- Very easy to use
- A different type of nipple gets delivered from what was ordered
Other Reliable Nipples For Breastfeeding Babies Includes
1. Lansinoh Contact Nipple Shield with Carrying Case, 2 Count, 24mm, for Breastfeeding Assistance
These nipples for breastfeeding are reliable when solving short lactation issues like an ill infant, premature, lip or tongue-tied and so on and one interesting feature of this product from Lasinoh is its clear cut design which helps in enhancing skin to skin contact with your little one during breastfeeding. It is safe for both mother and baby as it doesn’t contain BPA or other harmful materials.
Maximum comfort and durability is guaranteed when talking about the Lasinoh Contact nipple for breastfeeding as it is made out of premium silicone material which guarantees nipple and breast comfort for both the child and the mother which in turn makes breastfeeding the little one such a convenient task while for a more hygienic use, it is advised that this nipple be sanitized using boiling water for about ten minutes before the first use.
- Aids in dealing with sensitivity and soreness
- Provides protection
- Recommended for breastfeeding struggles
- Amazing when used for flat nipples
- Outside cup got broken easily
2. Purifyou Premium Nipple Shield, Set of 3 with Soft Cotton Reusable Drawstring Bag – Non-Toxic, BPA and BPS Free
This is a nipple for breastfeeding your little one that every mother can absolutely rely on as it is made using safe silicone materials combined with the highest level of quality control and without harmful BPA materials so as to make this product safe and ideal for both mother and child and every mom would fall in love with this breastfeeding nipple as it is carefully designed to take the shape of the mothers nipple as well as enhancing skin to skin contact with the little one.
One advantage that comes with feeding your baby with this nipple is it would help in dealing with any breastfeeding difficult thanks to its unique shape and length and mothers do not have to be worried every time about washing this breastfeeding nipple as it comes with a convenient shield case which helps in keeping these nipples clean for long.
This nipple is safe for both mother and child as it is free from latex, from BPA, BOS, lead and other toxic materials which could cause serious health problems for the body.
- Nicely made baby nipples
- Fits perfectly
- Recommended for nursing mothers
- Recommended when a baby starts to grow teeth
- Do not cause blisters
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean
- Not so durable
- Just two nipples got delivered
3. Haakaa Breast-Feeding Contact Nipple Shield with Carrying Case, Fit All Kind of Breast
Featuring an upgraded head design, this high quality and nicely made breastfeeding nipple from HAAKAA is one product that customers cannot overlook when considering the best nipple for breastfeeding our little ones today and one impressive feature of this unique nipple is its fit all size and one-piece design with no edges, cracks or joints which ensures that your little one experiences no difficult when feeding with this nipple.
The HAAKAA nipple for breastfeeding babies comes with a butterfly design which makes feeding lighter and easier as well as making it easy to hold this nipple in place and one safety measure was taken when designing this nipple as it comes with variable nipple design which ensures that your little one doesn’t choke if there is a scenario when milk overflows or runs fast.
It also helps in protecting the mothers’ nipples from getting bitten.
- Recommended for tied lips and tongue babies
- Fast delivery service
- Flows good
- Easy to feed with
- Has a great shape
- Gets rid of pain while breastfeeding
- An already used product got delivered
4. NUK Barely There Nipple Shield with Case
The NUK barely their nipples is also one of the best, popular and widely used nipple for breastfeeding babies which every mother loves or dreams to have as it is certified and trusted by every mom and unlike other poorly designed nipples for breastfeeding babies out there on the market, this reliable product boasts of a triangular design which helps in boosting skin to skin contact between mother and child during breastfeeding.
Providing optimal protection for the nipples is also one benefit that comes with using this unique and well-made product and it also boasts of a soft nodule design which helps in stimulating milk flow gently.
Maximum comfort is guaranteed when talking about the NUK barely-there breastfeeding nipples as it is made of premium silicone material which does not only promote durability but also guarantees maximum comfort during use while its hygienic storage case provides a convenient and easy form of storage when not in use.
- Provides protection
- Works well
- Fits perfectly
- Has a thin design
- Milk flows very fast
- Has a smaller size than expected
5. Medela Contact Nipple Shields, 24mm Nippleshield, Pack of 2 with Carrying Case
Whether your baby is experiencing latch-on difficulties, overactive let-down or even if you have inverted or flat nipples, there is absolutely nothing to worry about as the Medela contact nipple shields have been designed to help get rid of every problem during breastfeeding and one impressive feature of this uniquely designed breastfeeding nipple is its clear cut design which helps in boosting or improving skin to skin contact between mother and child.
However, it is quite necessary that this breastfeeding nipple is used under the supervision of a health professional, breastfeeding consultant or even a physician and it is made using safe materials which guarantees safe feeding even for mother and child. It also comes with a case which serves as storage of these nipples when not in use.
- Easy to latch on
- Not painful
- Helps in dealing with feeding let-downs
- Makes breastfeeding quite fun
- Must be kept clean always
- Doesn’t fit perfectly
Conclusion – What You Should Know
We hope you would be able to make the right choice after going through the different models listed in this review and all the nipples listed in this review are safe for your baby’s health, mimic sucking on a woman’s breast and are also very easy to make use of. We assure you that you would be making the right choice by going for any of the products listed above so feel free and make your choice today.
- Earth Mama’s Organic Nipple Butter is now 100% USDA Certified Organic, made with ethically sourced organic beeswax that’s been gathered in a bee-centric manner
- With organic herbs traditionally used to soothe and moisturize nipples and dry skin
- NO petroleum, parabens, or lanolin - no need to wash it off before nursing
- Chosen by hospital NICUs
- Dermatologist tested and clinically tested for irritation
- #1 recommended brand: Lansinoh Lanolin is the #1 recommended nipple cream by moms and doctors in the US. Clinically tested. Lansinoh Lanolin soothes and protects sore nipples for breastfeeding moms.
- Safe for mom & baby: No need to remove before breastfeeding. Specially designed for nursing, 100% natural and hypoallergenic. Free from preservatives, parabens, fragrance or taste.
- Relief for sore nipples: Thick, rich cream soothes and protects sore nipples. Clinically proven and ultra-pure. Our single ingredient lanolin has a unique purification process to remove impurities with no added additives.
- Essential for breastfeeding: Use to soothe and protect delicate skin. Wash hands thoroughly. Soften a pea-sized amount between fingers and apply to the entire nipple area after each feeding or as needed. Apply before showering to protect sensitive nipples.
- Mom founded & parent led: Founded by a breastfeeding mom, Lansinoh has supported moms for 35 years with award winning breast pumps, nipple creams, nursing pads, and breast milk storage bags, helping families create bonds that last a lifetime. Also great for elbows.
- DESIGNED FOR MOMS: The Medela Lanolin Nipple Cream for Breastfeeding was designed for moms who experience discomfort during latching. It glides on smoothly and gently for easy and convenient use.
- SOOTHING PROTECTION FOR TENDER NIPPLES: This nipple cream for breastfeeding offers soothing protection to tender nipples.
- HYPOALLERGENIC ALL-NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Medela’s Lanolin Nipple Cream is hypoallergenic and made from all-natural ingredients.
- EASY TO APPLY: This lanolin nipple cream is simple to apply. The no-mess application glides on smoothly and gently. There is also no need to remove it before breastfeeding.
- 100% SAFE FOR MOM AND BABY: Packed with natural ingredients, including lanolin, caprylic/capric triglycerides, and oat beta glucan, the Medela Lanolin Nipple Cream is safe for mom and baby alike.
- Soothing relief: Lansinoh Soothies Gel Pads provide instant cooling relief from cracked, painful or sore nipples so moms can continue to breastfeed. The pads can be stored in the fridge to enhance cooling.
- Helps heal sore nipples: Lansinoh Soothies help soothe and heal sore nipples, and can be reused for up to 72 hours. They come with a fabric backing to help protect your nipples from bra friction.
- Safe for mom & vegan: The gel pads are safe, absorbent and are made from glycerin. Lansinoh Soothies Gel Pads are vegan.
- Help when you need it: We understand that sometimes breastfeeding moms need a little help. That's why we provide a range of products from soothing lanolin to breastfeeding pumps & nursing accessories.
- Mom founded & parent led: Founded by a breastfeeding mom, Lansinoh has supported moms for 35 years with award winning breast pumps, nipple creams, nursing pads, and breast milk storage bags, helping families create bonds that last a lifetime.
- Comotomo baby bottles are deisgned to most closely mimic breastfeeding to reduce bottle rejection and nipple confusion issues
- Ultra wide-neck design allows easy cleaning by hand without a brush. Nipple and body is made of 100% safe hygienic silicone
- Safe in microwave, boiling water, dishwashers and sterilizers
- Maximum temperature for bottle and nipple is 180 degree Celsius and 120 degree Celsius for cap and outer ring
- Dual anti-colic vents prevent unwanted air-intake and reduce colic