The quality of multi-effects pedals has increased remarkably since they were first designed. Nowadays, they are used by musicians of different musical backgrounds, both in recording studios and on stages. The multi-effects pedal is the perfect way for a new guitarist to familiarize and start using effects.
The use of one pedal can be very difficult and challenging due to its complexity but with the simplicity of a multi-effects device, you get a broad understanding of so many types of effects and then choose the most suitable ones.
Having said that, there are certain things you need to put into consideration before purchasing a multi-effects pedal:
- A Complete Guide to the Best Multi Effect Pedals for the Money
1. Budget and quality of sound
You have to spend more to get more features. But then, it goes beyond the features. Sound quality is one important thing you need to consider. So ensure you are getting the value for your money.
Having too many buttons on the device can be a bit frustrating and discouraging, so to avoid that, you may want to consider selecting the effects you will use and those you might need in the future. Focus on just those ones.
The multi-effects pedal is portable than stompboxes. The space available in your studio or wherever this device will be used should be considered. The amount of weight you want to move around is also important. Multi-effects pedals are much easier to move around.
Above all, a multi-effects pedal gives you the best effects at a reasonable price. Here is a list of some of those affordable and good quality multi-effects pedals under $100.
A Complete Guide to the Best Multi Effect Pedals for the Money
5. Singular Sound BeatBuddy the First Guitar Pedal Drum Machine
This drum machine comes in a pedal format, first of its kind. This pedal gives you complete control of your beat and also includes more than two hundred songs and twenty-four different genres but it can hold over three million songs. It also includes ten drum sets but can hold three hundred drum sets.
It allows you to download and create your own new content, drum sets and songs. It features a visual metronome that enhances rhythm quality. You can now have full control of your beat while performing live and also have full control of your drums while playing your instruments. Programming is not necessary
The Singular Sound BeatBuddy feels much more human and natural. It doesn’t sound anything like a machine. The beats were created by professional drummers and this accounts for the professionalism enjoyed in sound. This product offers features suitable for all musicians and can be used with acoustic guitar, piano, or any electric instrument.
It is very easy to use and without much effort, it gives you that hands-free full control over the professional beats. It delivers amazing and high-quality sounds. It is much easier for songwriters to write songs with so many beats to work with and the Singular Sound BeatBuddy offers more than enough beats.
4. VOX STOMPLAB2G Modeling Guitar Multi-Effects Pedal
This pedal has a hundred presets of different music genres such as pop, rock, metal, etc. it comes with an interface that is also easy to use and the sounds can be accessed easily as well. It also comes with over a hundred effects. You also get to create twenty user programs. This is a great device for guitarists and will last a very long time. It can be powered by an alkaline battery that can last for over seven hours. This multi-effects pedal offers high quality, clean and distorted sounds.
Finding the right sound without worrying about the effect name is much easier since the different programs are named with a musical genre like blues, pop, etc. The musical styles/genres are divided into ten different categories and each of these categories has ten variations. This will make it so much easier to search for your favorite songs.
This multi-effect pedal can serve as both reverb pedal and tuner and it comes at a reasonable price. Its compressor has just two unobtrusive knobs. The room reverb is great compared to many other pedals. This device can be connected directly to your computer if you want to make some recordings.
3. Moozikpro Hunk Micro Distortion Pedal
This pedal delivers smooth and clear vintage British, high-quality sound. It also produces an amazing crunchy sound. It is lightweight, durable and can last a very long time. It is designed with aluminum alloy with a small footprint that can match any type of pedalboard. Your instruments will deliver an unalterable, clear signal using this pedal. It is easy to use with just four knobs for tone, gain, volume and mode.
It comes with two patch cables; eleven inches long and suitable for connecting pedals. This is a nice delay pedal that comes at a reasonable price. The Moozikpro Hunk pedal is very portable, just about the size of a 9volt battery and can only be powered by an external power source. It is very convenient to travel with as it has a small, lovely size. This pedal is accurate!
Some of the downsides are that; the Moozikpro Hunk Micro Distortion Pedal is not so sensitive compared to some other tuners and not fast to pick up. They work perfectly well with guitars but the same cannot be said with the violin. It should also have separate controls for the on and off function.
2. KLIQ TinyTune Tuner Pedal for Guitar and Bass
The tiny tuner pedal offers very fast, precise tuning and allows you to spend more time playing your instrument. It has an excellent display. The displays are very clear and visible under any kind of lighting, and so with this, it is very convenient to perform on a dark stage or at an outdoor venue. It produces clear sounds without hum or pop noises. This pedal has no confusing features or buttons that can make it difficult to use. It has a simple design and is easy to use.
The outer construction is made of aluminum and the internal components are made from high-quality materials. This makes it rugged and durable. It can work perfectly with different types of electrical instruments and has a broad tuning range.
It also has accurate tuning. It can drop tuning to four semitones below normal/standard pitch. This pedal offers easy visibility with its excellent color display. When the tuner is in use, the signal is muted. It has a dimension of 3.7” by 1.2” by 1.5” and weighs 4.3 oz.
One setback though is that it cannot be powered by the battery. A 9volt power supply is needed to operate it.
1. Zoom G1Xon Guitar Effects Pedal
This pedal comes with hundred effects and about five effects can be used together at the same time. Some of these effects include reverb, delay, modulation, flanging, vibrato, tremolo, distortion and many more. It also features an expression pedal and gives you full control during performance. It has nice control features for volume, overdrive adjustment and more. It also features a looper and an in-built tuner.
With its separate input jacks, you can connect both your music player and your guitar at the same time. There is also an outdoor jack you can connect your headphones or amp to. It can be powered with four AA batteries or an AC adapter.
A USB jack can also be used to operate. This battery can last for about twenty hours. It has a hard plastic construction at the side and top and a base made of solid metal. If handled properly with care, it should last a long time.
With the Zoom G1Xon Guitar Effects Pedal, you can pick any of the available effects and edit as you please. It gives you flexibility and power to create amazing effects without the need for multiple pedals. It can serve as a nice practice device for professional musicians but is also the perfect choice for new guitarists.
- 75 effects
- 14 Amp models
- Up to 5 effects can be used simultaneously
- 100 memory locations
- Built in Expression pedal with additional effects
- How to connect multi effects pedal to amp?
- Where to put multi effects pedal in chain?
- What is the best multi effects pedal for acoustic guitar?
- How to get good distortion on multi effects pedal?
- What is a multi effects pedal?
- 71 built-in guitar effects and 13 amp models
- Free download of Zoom guitar lab Mac/Windows software
- 30-Second looper
- 68 built-in rhythm patterns
- Standard Guitar input, aux input for external audio players and amp/headphone output
- 9 EFFECTS BLOCKS: Fxcomp, Distortion, Overdrive, Amp, Cab, Noise Gate, EQ, Modulation, Delay, Reverb; each block has several effects, covering 150+ effects in total; Up to 9 effects can be used simultaneously.
- 55 classic & modern high-quality guitar AMP Models that utilize non-linear digital amp modelling technology (giving a real tube amp tone, feel & response)
- 200 PRESETS can provide multiple sound options for beginners. Connect it to Windows PC or MAC via USB for software updates, and preset editing using the dedicated editor software.
- OTG FUNCTION supports compatible mobile phone or tablet connection. Enter the video/audio recording software for recording. This can also be used for live streaming.
- 80-SECOND LOOPER for your recording, 40 drum machine options, and 10 metronomes to expand your sound creativity. Expression Pedal can be set to control the volume or the effects. ONE-YEAR GUARANTEE.
- The Multi Effects Processor Has 240+ Built-in Guitar/Bass/Acoustic Effects with 140 Legendary Amplifiers&Cabinets Simulations and 100 Renowned Stompbox Effect Pedals; Supporting 20 3rd Party IRs Storage; 24-bit 44.1kHz Signal Processing
- 100 Built-in Drum Rhythms and 180 Seconds Looper, 256 Presets, Equipped with the New-Gen HD Modeling Technology On this Multi Effects Pedal, Adjustable Signal Chain with Maximum 11 Simultaneous Effect Blocks
- 4.3-inch TFT color LCD screen with user-friendly UI, 8 customizable LED footswitches, Line, XLR and Headphone I/O for various connection needs, FX loop for inserting external stompboxes, MIDI IN and EXP2 jack for connecting external controllers For The Guitar Effects Pedal
- USB Type-C Connection Audio Interface with Stereo Audio Streaming On the Guitar Pedal, Support OTG function for directly Connecting to iOS/Android Mobile Devices
- Multi Language User Interface (Hardware) with Free Mac/Windows Software for Sound Editing and Presets Managing For This Multi Effects Pedal Processor
- 【8 EFFECTS MODULES】: Our MG-100 offers all guitar effects, including a variety of distortion, compression, modulation, delay, reverb, amplifier, and cabinet models. Each module has several effects, covering 58 effects in total; Up to 8 effects can be used simultaneously.
- 【13 CLASSIC AMP &11 SPEAKER CABINET MODELS】: It has 13 classic high-quality guitar AMP Models and 11 speaker cabinets with True Simulation of Analog Circuit (TSAC) technology. Vintage 3-band passive EQ modeling for every AMP Model. And 6-band graphic EQ designed specifically for electric guitar.(120Hz, 250Hz, 750Hz, 1.6kHz, 3.2kHz, 6.4kHz)
- 【56 DRUM RHYTHMS & 40 SECONDS LOOPER】: Built-in 56 drum rhythm patterns that can be used in conjunction with the 40 seconds Looper function allowing you to jam with unlimited overdub layers and countless hours.
- 【72 PRESETS】: A total of 72 presets, including 36 factories and 36 user presets which can provide multiple sound options for beginners. You can save any preferred tones by simply pressing down the SAVE button.
- 【LARGE COLOR LCD SCREEN DISPLAY】：Built-in High-quality TFT LCD color panel（160 x128）, way beyond any counterparts in the same price range. Powered by 6*AA Alkaline Batteries or AC Adapter (ACD-007A) For 8 Hours of Continuous Use.
- 24-bit signal processing on the Multi Effects Processor , up to 127dB dynamic range, 4-inch 800 x 480 dynamic touchscreen and newly designed UI for more intuitive control, Customizable main display modes and theme colors.
- The Multi Effects Pedal Has DUAL effect chain with multiple serial/parallel signal routing support; USB port for firmware upgrading, loading/editing/managing effects/IRs via free Mac/PC software, 8-in, 8-out USB audio interface; Supporting Reamp function.
- Up to 12 simultaneous effect modules For The Guitar Effects Pedal, Upgraded effects library delivers 300+ effects, CDCM HD & F.I.R.E. modeling effects including 87 amp models & 68 cab models, 300 presets.
- Dedicated IR loader module with 3rd party IR support, up to 50 custom IR slots; 20 classic speaker IRs included - Powered by Digital; Supports up to 2048 IR sampling points for better tonal resolution.
- The Multi Effects Processor has Stereo I/O jacks and stereo FX Loop jacks for further routing/tonal possibilities, MIDI I/O jacks and EXP/CTRL jack for expanded controls, 3 assignable footswitches with halo LEDs, Built-in stereo looper with max. 60 seconds recording time and undo/redo function.