MIDI cables made their appearance about 30 years ago and since then have remained relevant. They connect your electronic musical instruments, keyboards, controllers and other USB compatible devices to your computer. The midi to USB cable is major hardware that lets your computer communicate with your keyboard, musical instruments, etc.
To set up your home studio, the easiest way is to connect your MIDI keyboard to your computer and start using the keyboard as your controller. This connection can be done using the correct USB cables.
As a music lover, you have to get the best USB cables for your needs. These cables will also help you get amazing, good quality sounds from your devices. They also come with their benefits and setbacks so it is imperative that you examine all available cables before you make a choice.
Here are the top 5 best Midi to USB cable for Mac that will help you get the job done right.
- 5. USB IN-OUT MIDI Cable Converter, LiDiVi Professional Piano Keyboard to PC/ Laptop/ Mac Adapter Cord for Home Music Studio – 6.5Ft
- 4. FORE USB IN-OUT MIDI Interface Converter/Adapter with 5-PIN DIN MIDI Cable
- 3. Sanoxy USB Data to MIDI Keyboard Interface Converter Adapter Cable
- 2. iConnectMIDI1 Lightning Version, 1-in 1-out USB to MIDI Interface
- 1. iConnectivity Mio 1-in 1-out USB to MIDI Interface for Mac and PC
5. USB IN-OUT MIDI Cable Converter, LiDiVi Professional Piano Keyboard to PC/ Laptop/ Mac Adapter Cord for Home Music Studio – 6.5Ft
Connect your PC to an electronic musical instrument with the LiDiVi USB in-out midi cable to use PC for your music productions and recordings in your studio. This USB midi cable works well with most computer operating systems like Windows 7, 8, 10, Windows XP, Vista and Mac.
It has a built-in driver and does not require any driver installation. It also features an LED indicator where blue light indicates “power on”, the green light indicates “replay” and the red light indicates “recording”.
It is 6.5 feet long and allows for fast data transmission. To use the LiDiVi USB IN-OUT MIDI Cable Converter simply connect the “IN” cable to the midi “OUT” port of your midi or keyboard device. Then connect the “OUT” cable to the midi “IN” port of your midi or keyboard device. Connect the USB cable to a free USB port on your system. Open the music software program on your system, set the MIDI out and MIDI in devices to USB audio device and you are good to go.
4. FORE USB IN-OUT MIDI Interface Converter/Adapter with 5-PIN DIN MIDI Cable
It is a 1 MIDI In and 1 MIDI out interface with sixteen MIDI channels for MIDI connection. It also features an LED indicator, a built-in driver and works well with Windows XP, 7,8,10, Vista, and Mac OS 9X.
- Please note that the midi interface may fail to work if your Mac USB port is USB-C and you do not use an original USB-C to USB adapter.
This USB will also support FL studio 12, Cubase, sonar, core midi, direct music and more. You can use this cable to connect your drum machine, keyboard, or synthesizer to your system. It is a good quality device for its price.
3. Sanoxy USB Data to MIDI Keyboard Interface Converter Adapter Cable
It features a built-in driver and it is easy to install; just connect it to a USB socket on your system and it will automatically install itself. With this USB, you do not need an AC adapter, it is self-powered. It is a 1 in/1 out MIDI interface cable with 16 input and 16 output channels. It also features LED indication and supports Mac and windows very well.
It is sturdy and makes it very easy and convenient to connect your controller or keyboard to your computer. It allows you to play music on your keyboard; you can then edit and mix your music on your laptop using any music software program.
One downside with this cable is that it may not support some devices.
2. iConnectMIDI1 Lightning Version, 1-in 1-out USB to MIDI Interface
The iConnectMIDI1 Lightning Version is compatible with PC, IOS and Mac. It features 1 IN and 1 OUT MIDI ports. It requires no driver with a 5-ft USB to MIDI cable. This midi interface can also be used to connect your keyboard, drum machine or controller to your computer system.
It is bus-powered and also works well with windows. An interface that doesn’t work fast is basically not useful. The iConnectMIDI1 Lightning Version, 1-in 1-out USB to MIDI Interface was designed for optimum performance.
For this device to work properly, ensure the midi ports are connected correctly with the MIDI IN cable plugged to the MIDI OUT port of your keyboard and the MIDI OUT cable connected to the MIDI IN of your keyboard. Unfortunately, the connector may not work with some other adapters, but they will work with your apple adapter.
Overall, this product works great!
1. iConnectivity Mio 1-in 1-out USB to MIDI Interface for Mac and PC
It is designed to work with many operating systems like Mac OS x 10.4 (or higher), Windows XP, Windows 8 and more. No drivers are required and it is easy to install. It is USB bus-powered and features a 1-in and 1-out USB to MIDI cable. This 16 channel MIDI interface connects your keyboard, drum machine or controller to your computer. It is plug and play.
With some other interfaces, once the data stream becomes full and heavy, the interface stops functioning effectively, but with the iConnectivity Mio 1-in 1-out USB to MIDI Interface, MIDI is delivered reliably all the time. It is also a perfect choice for your Mac, p95 and book pro.
You are advised to go through the instruction manual before use.
- 【Update Version since October 1, 2019】According to consumer feedback, we released an updated version since October 1, 2018, this MIDI to USB cable is compatible with more instrument equipment and computer systems, and more fast and stable data transmission. Welcome to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. Our reliable Customer Service will be sure to reply within 24 hours and offer proper solutions for you.
- 【Plug & Play & Wide Compatibility】 LiDiVi MIDI to USB 2.0 cable comes with built-in driver, truly plug and play, needs no difficult driver installation. Well compatible with most computer systems, such as Windows XP, Vista, Win7, Win8, Win10 and Mac OS X operating systems. ▲▲▲Attention: This USB 2.0 to MIDI cable is NOT compatible with USB 3.0 devices
- 【Fast and Stable】 High-performance FTP processing chip to ensure the stability of input signal without delay, enjoy fast and stable MIDI data transmission
- 【High Quality】 High quality wire, multi-layer protection design. 1 in + 1 out MIDI interface, 16 MIDI input channels & 16 MIDI output channels
- 【How to Use】 It's easy to turn your PC into a music studio. Start by connecting an electronic musical instrument to your computer with the supplied USB MIDI cable. Within minutes you'll be able to play songs while they are being recorded on your PC! With appropriate software, you can overdub additional instruments, then edit, mix and even print sheet music of your final compositions
- FORE 1 MIDI in / 1 MIDI out MIDI interface, 16 MIDI input & output channels. Connecting keyboard, MIDI keyboard, synthesizer, electric drum and any device with input & output to computer/laptop for recording and editing your track.
- Plug & Play, with a Built-in driver and Intelligent LED Indicator. No extra difficult driver installation. Easy set up, truly plug and play. MIDI converter shows different light indicators & status. Red is Power, Blue is signal transfer & connections. Watch the video to get more details about how to use.
- Ultra low latency MIDI Input and Output. High-performance FTP processing chip, stable and fast speed MIDI data transmission. FL studio12, DirectMusic, CoreMIDI, Cubase, Sonar, MIDI Connections, etc. Supported.
- Conveniently integrated USB and MIDI cables. High quality wire with multi-layer protection. Technology of resistance to electromagnetic interference, ensuring the audio transmission rapidly and safely without damage. USB bus-powered, 6.5Ft.
- Designed & Produced by FORE. Compatible with Windows XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10 and Mac iOS. || Attention: For using on iOS devices, Apple Camera Connection Kit is needed or it may not work.|| Friendly customer service, 60 Days Money-Back & 6 Months No-Hassle Replacement.
- USB 2.0 to USB B: This is the idea MIDI cable to connect electronic music equipment, you can play with your friends electronic organ, electronic drums, USB instruments, without the need for additional cables.
- HIGH QUALITY WIRE: Multi-layer protection design,the stability of input signal without delay, enjoy fast and stable data transmission.
- PLUG AND PLAY: Easy to use, no drivers required, Use this cable to connect electronic music equipment directly.
- WIDELY COMPATIBILITY: DJ Controllers, keyboards, samplers, effect pads, Pioneer, Native Instruments and more USB B interface devices to your Laptop, PC and so on.
- 100% GUARANTEE! all Ancable products come with 12 months warranty, you are protected with our 100% No Questions Asked Guarantee for either a replacement or refund.We care about only putting out high quality products that satisfy your needs.
- Natively compatible with most operating systems PC (from Windows XP SP3 to Windows 8) Mac (OS X 10.4 or greater)
- Plug and play - no drivers or difficult installation needed
- Ultra Low latency MIDI Input and Output
- 5-Foot Long USB to MIDI DIN 1 In & 1 Out Cable; USB Bus Powered
- Designed by iConnectivity's Award Winning Design Team in Canada. Please refer the User Guide before use.
- ♫【Plug and Play】-- The OIBTECH usb midi cable is with a built-in driver, just connect to a USB socket, needs no difficult driver installation.
- ♫【Intelligent LED Indicator 】-- The usb midi converter can show different light indicates different status, red means power on and blue refers to signal connection.
- ♫【High Quality 】-- This usb midi interface adapter adopt the technology of resistance to electromagnetic interference, ensuring the audio transmission rapidly and safely without damage.
- ♫【Ultra Low Latency】-- This midi to usb cable has good performance of HTP processing function. Be sure to no delay.
- ♫【Compatibility】-- This usb midi cable converter support with MIDI cable standard interface devices, such as Windows XP, Window Vista, Windows 7,Windows 8,Windows 8.1,Windows 10,Mac OS, etc.