Using a quality microphone preamp is one device that would help in powering up your microphone when you perform or when you record but there are several factors that you need to consider when choosing the one that is good for you.
These factors include:
- Price point
- Ins and Outs
- Types of preamp
- Number of channels
- Additional features
Without wasting much of your time, come with us as we show you the best microphone preamps that you don’t have to spend much to acquire. These preamps are carefully selected to match your five hundred dollar budget.
- 5. Golden Age Project Pre73 JR Compact Vintage Style
- 4. Rolls MP13 Mini Single Ch. Mic Preamp
- 3. Golden Age Project Pre-73 MKIII Mic Preamp
- 2. IK Multimedia iRig Pre microphone preamp for smartphones
- 1. ART Pro MPA II Two-Channel Discrete Class-A Mic Preamp
- Conclusion – What You Should Know
5. Golden Age Project Pre73 JR Compact Vintage Style
This is another quality microphone preamp from the golden age project and it still uses a well-balanced output and input with a discrete signal path like its previous models.
One of the benefits that come with using this golden age project is it allows you to produce musical and classical sounds and despite being compact, the golden age project microphone preamp comes with everything you need to make great sounds during recordings.
Thanks to its smaller format design, you won’t have any issues with mounting this device.
- Well built microphone preamp which delivers a noiseless operation
- Designed to deliver great and impressive sounds
- Also delivers human and powerful vocal
- Very easy to use
- Provides the user with more gain during recordings
4. Rolls MP13 Mini Single Ch. Mic Preamp
Despite featuring a simple design and looking small and compact this quality microphone preamp would deliver impressive and amazing results.
Clip indicator, single gain control, ¼ and XLR outputs and inputs are some of the notable features that come with using the rolls mini single microphone preamp and thanks to its phantom power you rest assured that you can use this microphone preamp with a condenser microphone.
Its full package comes with a power adapter and you can make use of this microphone preamp with a stereo headphone or with an unbalanced mono output.
- Comes with convenient output, input and phantom power
- Product arrived right on time
- Compact but reliable
- Well designed to deliver nice and clear sounds
- Comes with a faulty gain switch
- Still generates little noise
3. Golden Age Project Pre-73 MKIII Mic Preamp
This is an instrument and line pre-amplifier with signal paths which makes use of discrete components like transistors, capacitors and resistors.
It boasts of transformer balanced output and input which makes use of two various transformers with one designed for a specific purpose and this is exactly the same way integrated circuits were designed in the past.
This Golden Age project microphone preamp will deliver sweet, punchy and warm sounds which you would evidently on any recording and its versatile sounds are sounds that you can easily identify in most genres and sounds sources.
- Delivers 3D sounds
- Also delivers warm vintage sounds
- Comes with a faulty LED meter
2. IK Multimedia iRig Pre microphone preamp for smartphones
The IK multimedia iRig Pre microphone preamp is specially designed to work with tablets and Smartphone and using this quality microphone preamp enables you to spot adjustable gain so as to dial in the right signal level.
Another advantage that comes with using this top quality microphone preamp from IK multimedia is it boasts of a +48v phantom power which allows you to make use of it together with condenser microphone without experiencing any hiccups.
Its headphones output makes way for real-time monitoring together with supported apps.
It is also necessary to note that this microphone preamp enables you to carry out professional recording using any microphone of your choice in any situation.
It can also work with any video or audio recording app thanks to its standard headphone jack.
- Well designed to enable you to make good music using all of your devices
- Great delivery service
- Delivers crystal clear sounds
- Enables you to carry out high-quality recordings
- Still generates an annoying noise
1. ART Pro MPA II Two-Channel Discrete Class-A Mic Preamp
Each of these preamps boasts of variable input impedance, phantom power and an input circuit which ensures that the overall performance of a ribbon microphone or dynamic microphone gets improved.
One of the impressive features of this top quality preamp is it can be configured easily for stereo or dual-mono operation and it is also designed to function at either a high or low plate voltage which therefore makes way for wider variation of performance and tone.
Housed in a quality steel chassis, you rest assured that this microphone preamp is reliable and would last for a long while.
- Unit sounds great
- High valued product thanks to its reliable and top performance
- Guarantees that you make use of dynamic microphones and condenser microphones without experiencing any hiccups
- Quality construction
- Its tube light meter arrived unglued
Conclusion – What You Should Know
Several specific requirements together with various sounds are some of the factors that we have carefully considered when rounding up this product and you rest assured that these products are highly durable which guarantees that you won’t be getting a replacement anytime soon.
Feel free to get any of the models listed above and start enjoying all the benefits that it brings.
- single channel
- ch mic preamp
- Country of Origin: China
- Professional quality
- Hybrid design
- Compact and reliable
- Cost effective
- All aluminum stackable chassis
- 【XLR Interface Preamp& Stepless Gain Adjustment Wheel】 During the usage, the Gain Control Wheel adjust the output sensitivity of the microphone(Gain Range: Maximum increase -10dB)
- 【Real-time Monitoring】With the real-time monitoring function, you can test whether it is working normally during recording. The Linkflex AD1 audio adapter brings you more professional and convenient recording experience.
- 【Universal for Cameras& Phones】This product can support all XLR dynamic and positive condenser mic to smartphone or camera (3.5mm audio jack) for audio recording. NOTE: for iPhone7 or above, you need to use the iPhone original lightening adapter.
- 【Super-Long Standby time】 COMICA LinkFlex AD1 adapter is powered by a CR2032 battery, which can be standby 40hrs.
- 【What You Need to Note？】The product not support passive condenser mic which need external phantom power. For the ANDROID smartphone, While in video mode, It requires to use the 3rd party video Apps.
- Microphone preamplifier featuring 8 independent preamplifiers with ultra-linear, high bandwidth operation for crystal clear audio and recording flexibility
- Features 8 preamplifiers in a single rackmount unit, each with their own gain control, peak LED indicators and phantom power ON/OFF switches
- Shielded internal dual regulated power supply with (-115V/60Hz or -230V/50Hz) select switch and fused IEC power cord connector
- 48V Phantom power with individual phantom ON/OFF switches and LED indicators for each channel
- Features 8 servo ballanced XLR inputs and 8 1/4" outputs
- Vintage Style electronics, no intergrated circuits in the signal pathEnough gain to handle passive ribbon mics with quiet sound sourcesGAIN/LINE mode switch, gain is reduced by 30 dB in LINE modeSelectable two position high frequency AIR boost eq, 3 or 6 dB @ 30 kHzSelectable 6 dB/octave two frequency high pass filterTantalum capacitors in the signal pathSwitchable impedance in MIC modeSwitchable phantom power and absolute phaseA high-impedance instrument inputA simple but effective 4-step LED o
- The signal path uses only discrete components like resistors, capacitors and transistors
- The input and output is transformer balanced, using two different transformers, each one optimized for its purpose
- This is the way audio components were built before integrated circuits became available
- The circuit used in the PRE-73 MKIII is similar to the preamp section in the classical 1073 module with a corresponding sound character that is warm, punchy, sweet and musical