If heating up your home requires burning wood then I’m sure you know the amount of effort required in splitting wood. Using a log splitter is one sure way of making splitting logs quite easy and convenient but there are several log splitters available on the market today such as a motorized log splitter, hydraulic log splitter and an electric log splitter. Investing in a log splitter is truly advantageous if you have a workshop as it will help you save more time and energy. You can check out more buying guide on the top log splitter brands on bestofmachinery.com.
No matter the type you want, we want you to consider this review as it contains the best log splitters that would make the task quite easy for you.
- 5. Sun Joe LJ10M Logger Joe 10 Ton Hydraulic Log Splitter
- 4. Boss Industrial ES7T20 Electric Log Splitter, 7-Ton
- 3. WEN 56206 6-Ton Electric Log Splitter
- 2. Fiskars Iso Core 8 lb Maul, 36 Inch
- 1. Fiskars X27 Super Splitting Axe, 36-Inch
- Other Recommended Log Splitters Includes
- 1. WEN 56207 6.5-Ton Electric Log Splitter with Stand
- 2. Powerhouse XM-380 Electric Hydraulic Log Splitter, 7-Ton
- 3. Goplus New 1500W 6 Ton Electric Hydraulic Log Splitter Wood Portable Cutter Powerful
- 4. Anaconda 878 Slide-Hammer Manual Log Splitter
- 5. Fiskars X15 Chopping Axe 23.5 Inch, 378571-1002
- Conclusion – What You Should Know
- Other Related Reviews:
5. Sun Joe LJ10M Logger Joe 10 Ton Hydraulic Log Splitter
Specially designed to log on, log off and split wood, the Sun Joe Lj10M logger Joe 10 ton hydraulic log splitter is a durable and reliable log splitter that you would come across on the internet today as it is well designed to take down large-sized logs effortlessly.
Backed with more than enough performance and power, the Sun Joe hydraulic log splitter is well designed to produce up to ten tons of driving force which guarantees that every log gets split easily.
Durability is also guaranteed when using this highly rated log splitter as it boasts of top-quality steel construction which ensures years of long-lasting use.
Another impressive feature of this hydraulic log splitter is it comes in a compact and portable size which allows you to store easily when not in use.
- Easy to work with
- Works great
- Sturdy and comes ready to use
- Has a limited size range of splitting logs
- Quite heavy
4. Boss Industrial ES7T20 Electric Log Splitter, 7-Ton
The Boss industrial ES7T20 electric log splitter is one machine that would take splitting wood and logs to the next level.
One major reason why this top quality machine is widely used all over the world is that it delivers portability and convenience as well as being able to tackle and take down large sized woods.
The beauty of this machine is in its 2HP electric motor which generates up to seven tons of splitting force without giving off harmful emissions and this, in turn, allows users to make use of this machine either outdoors or indoors.
Another notable feature of this machine is its in-built side rails which makes sure logs remains stable during splitting.
It also comes with a handle for easy manoeuvring while a one-handed operation combined with a unique hydraulic system makes it different and unique from the rest.
- Works amazing
- Splits wood with ease
- Easy to work with
- Poorly packaged as it arrived with a scratch
Trending Article: Best Hand Saws For Splirring Wood
3. WEN 56206 6-Ton Electric Log Splitter
This is one log splitter that would easily and quickly turn every stock of wood into pieces either for firewood or other uses and unlike using an axe, this log splitter is considered as a more productive and safe way of splitting wood.
Using this electric log splitter ensures that you can split wood efficiently and quickly without stressing yourself and it is powered using electric energy which allows for indoor usage as well as for lower maintenance costs.
Some of the notable features of this highly-rated log splitter include six-inch tires which make transport easy and convenient and it also comes with comfort grip handles which ensures you find this log splitter easy and comfortable to use.
- Makes splitting an easy task
- Easy to transport
- Easy to use
- Quite heavy
- Engines die after a year of use
- Worked fine for the first few months and developed a fault
2. Fiskars Iso Core 8 lb Maul, 36 Inch
One benefit that comes with using this highly rated axe is it helps to eliminate joint pain and hand fatigue during use and unlike other low-quality axes out there on the market, this quality axe from Fiskars would last for a very long time as it is solidly built and tested to withstand even the toughest of use.
Whether it is for splitting wood or driving stakes and wedges, the Fiskars Iso Core 8 axe is one that would get such tasks done effortlessly as it boasts of an optimized blade geometry which provides a tough performance and deep penetration during use.
This axe is highly recommended for everyone as it also comes with a unique IsoCore shock control system which works effectively in the reduction of vibration and shock during use.
- Splits big woods with ease
- Feels comfortable when held
- Works as described
- Comes with great accuracy and control
1. Fiskars X27 Super Splitting Axe, 36-Inch
Thanks to its unique feature this axe would deliver accurate splitting results in just one strike and one notable feature of this axe are its long handle which provides the user with adequate speed and power.
Specially designed for taller people, the Fiskars X27 super spitting axe is one the most sought after and highly rated splitting axe that you would come across today as it comes with adequate power required for tearing apart medium-sized woods and large-sized woods.
This top-quality axe boasts of the advanced blade geometry, ideal weight distribution, unbreakable design and a very sharp edge which helps to boost and enhance performance.
Using this axe ensures that you get every splitting task done effortlessly and quickly.
- Very sharp
- Makes tasks easier
- Solidly built
- Blade chips within few months of use
Other Recommended Log Splitters Includes
1. WEN 56207 6.5-Ton Electric Log Splitter with Stand
The WEN 56207 6.5 ton electric log splitter is one of the best and high-quality log splitters that one would come across on the market today as it is well designed to split log that are about twenty-one inches in length and ten inches in diameter and this is one log splitter that everyone, whether you are a professional or just a homeowner, would love to have as it boasts of a powerful 15A motor which delivers excellent log cracking pressure.
Depending on the user’s choice, one can make use of this splitter with or without its stand and thanks to its well-shaped and well-balanced handle with durable wheels, users would find it quite easy to transport this machine in between jobs.
Another stand out feature is its electric power meaning there isn’t any need for carbon or gas emissions which could be harmful to one’s health so this machine is considered safe for use.
- Recommended for splitting redwood
- Easy to setup
- Fast delivery service
- Works as described
- Its stand helps in protecting the back
- Badly packaged
- Not reliable
2. Powerhouse XM-380 Electric Hydraulic Log Splitter, 7-Ton
This is one log splitter which users would fall in love with as it is designed to split up to one hundred pieces of log in just an hour without suffering any form of headache or back pain and with this well-designed tool, users are guaranteed that they are safe from injuries and would find it easy and convenient to split logs right from the comfort of their homes.
Safety is guaranteed when talking about the Powerhouse electric hydraulic log splitter as it comes with a dual hand operation design which ensures that both hands are being put to use during operation so as to avoid any form of injuries while one impressive feature of this log splitter is its ability to retract one the user takes away his hand from the lever so one can load another log with less effort and also in order to save time.
A log that is about twelve inches in diameter and twenty inches in length would be split in just six seconds using this ideal and well-designed log splitter and this contributes to why this tool is quite popular and widely used among most customers.
- Splits larger logs
- Recommended for use on medium-sized and small-sized logs
- Came with a poorly written manual
3. Goplus New 1500W 6 Ton Electric Hydraulic Log Splitter Wood Portable Cutter Powerful
Having a maximum power of about six tons (6 tons), this is one reliable and dependable log splitter that would split log easily with less effort and one feature that most users love and admire about this log splitter is its waterproof design which guarantees that this machines cannot be damaged due to water attacks.
Durability is one key feature of this log splitter as it is made out of the finest and premium materials which do not only guarantee long-lasting use but also ensures that this machine withstands tough and vigorous use and this is one machine that can be used both outdoors and indoors.
Users would find it quite easy to transport thanks to its handles which provides a comfortable grip as well as its two large wheels and another notable feature of this log splitter is its in-built log cradle which makes sure that every log is kept on track.
- Works good
- Splits large-sized wood
- Free from troubles
- High-quality product
- Easy to work with
- Easy to assemble
- Worth the money
- Not totally reliable
4. Anaconda 878 Slide-Hammer Manual Log Splitter
With the ANACONDA 878 slide hammer manual log splitter, there is every assurance that one would split log in just a few seconds thanks to its remarkable pounding action and whether you are a professional or even an amateur, this is one tool that you would find extremely easy to work with as it boasts of an enhanced safety design combined with an easy to use design which makes it ideal for everyone.
It is very easy to work with as all it requires is for you to the wedge tip on the log then you slide the splitter handle downwards and upwards and this splits your log in no time and safety is also guaranteed when talking about this manual log splitter as it doesn’t involve jammed or flying wedges or even overhead swinging which could be harmful to the user.
It is one that would last for a very long while thanks to its heavy-duty construction which promotes long-lasting use and it is a more preferred option in splitting log compared to using mauls, wedges and axes.
- Works far better compared to an axe
- Splits logs too
- Safer than using a maul
- Doesn’t save effort
- Difficult to use
- Not durable
5. Fiskars X15 Chopping Axe 23.5 Inch, 378571-1002
Specially designed for taller people, the Fiskars X27 super spitting axe is one the most sought after and highly rated splitting axe that you would come across today as it comes with adequate power required for tearing apart medium-sized woods and large-sized woods. This top-quality axe boasts of the advanced blade geometry, ideal weight distribution, unbreakable design and a very sharp edge which helps to boost and enhance performance.
Thanks to its unique feature this axe would deliver accurate splitting results in just one strike and one notable feature of this axe are its long handle which provides the user with adequate speed and power. Using this axe ensures that you get every splitting task done effortlessly and quickly.
- Cuts through with ease
- Has a great bite
- Has an ideal size
- High chopper power
- High blade strength
- Arrived ready to use
- Solidly built
Conclusion – What You Should Know
Listed above are the best log splitters that we have rounded up just to make the search easy for you and you rest assured that there isn’t any other type that beats them on the market. The log splitters listed above are extremely durable, efficient, reliable, capable and would handle any splitting task thrown at it with minimal effort.
They are really not the cheapest but you are guaranteed that would last for a long time so feel free and go for any of the products listed above.
- THE SAFEST & MOST EFFECTIVE LOG SPLITTING SYSTEM: This patented log splitting tool sets a new standard in safety & efficiency in making kindling from logs and firewood. There are no dangerous blades yet it cuts logs easily with minimal labor. No axe required!
- UNIQUE DESIGN HANDLES LONG & THICK LOGS: The extra wide mouth of the Kindle Quick design enables it to cut wider logs than other tools. The tall base allows it cut longer logs and the slanted alternating teeth split logs at an angle and prevent jams.
- BASE IS READY-MADE FOR ATTACHMENT: Our kindle tool features bolt holes on the base so it can be fixed to stump or other anchor. This provides extra stablity & height for even more efficient splitting. The X style base is more stable than other types.
- MADE FROM DURABLE CAST STEEL: Expect many years of service from your Kindle Quick splitter. It's 12 pounds of premium quality cast steel with a black all-weather coating. Cast steel is stronger & harder and is far less prone to rust than cast iron.
- HANDLES MAKE CARRYING EASY: The handle design allows the Kindle Quick to be easily carried to the bonfire, cottage, RV & campsite. The base also works as a crate to carry wood wherever you need it. So cut your kindling & pack it up for carrying too!
- Powerful – 25 tons of splitting capacity with a large 224 cc Champion single-cylinder OHV engine
- Versatile – Converts from horizontal to vertical in seconds, allowing you to handle large, heavy logs with ease
- Efficient – 12-second cycle time, expanded operator area and dependable auto-return valve capable of 300 cycles per hour
- Portable – Towable up to 45 mph and fits most ATV/UTV towing applications with an extended tongue, 2-inch ball hitch coupler and 16-inch tires
- Reliable – Champion Support includes 2-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
- Powerful: hydraulic RAM Builds up to 10 tons of driving force
- Large capacity: splits logs up to 18 in. Long x 8 in. Wide
- Efficient: RAM return spring for quick resets
- Durable: Steel frame construction with wheels for easy portability
- Easy to use: No gas, oil or cords
- Heavy duty 1.75 HP, 15 amp induction motor delivers maximum performance for the most rugged condition
- Effortlessly does big splitting jobs with a 18-second cycle time
- Integrated stroke limiter can adjust to a shorter stroke for smaller logs
- 7" wheels and configuration to vertical position provides maneuverability and easy storage
- ◆How to use it: Tip 1-You must use it in exercises with a certain strength. I tried to use it in a smaller 12v drill bit and it maximized the effect of the drill bit. I have a Kobalt 24v drill bit, but it works fine. Also make sure to use the side handle for your drill bit, otherwise you may twist/break your wrist. In addition, any plug-in drill may work
- ◆Tip 2-Don't drill into the center of the log. Drill holes on the edge of the log to make it easier to split and help prevent tools from getting stuck.
- ◆ 3-Avoid knotting like the plague. If you try to tie a knot, it will get stuck.
- ◆Tip 4-If you drill on the left side of the log/wood, it will use the rotation of the drill bit. If you are drilling on the ground, place your knees or feet on the log to prevent it from rotating, or you can tilt it slightly to make it rotate into the ground. The best case is that you have a table/station that you can use, and maybe even a built-in stop.
- ◆Tip 5-It is best to split the separated logs into smaller fire or smaller logs to load into a small stove. I don't have a heavy hammer drill to test its operation on larger logs. It is very effective for what I need.
- Powerful 15A motor provides over 13,000 pounds of log cracking pressure
- Use the log splitter with or without the 34-inch stand depending on user preferences
- Included pull handle and 5.5-inch never-flat wheels make for easy transportation between jobs
- Electric power means no gasoline, no carbon monoxide emissions, and limited maintenance
- Split logs up to 10 inches in diameter and 20.5 inches in length