Staying informed and prepared during a case of emergency is a sure way to ensure your survival and that of your family during an emergency situation and there are radios which guarantee regular updates irrespective of power or not.
These radios are well designed to obtain broadcast messages from the emergency alert system and NOAA which ensures that you and your family stay updated on everything going on around you.
When considering the right type for you and your family, pause for a minute and go through this review to find the one that best suits you and your family.
- 5. Bearham Portable Emergency Hand crank Solar radios
- 4. Esky Solar Weather Radios Hand Crank Self Powered Emergency
- 3. RunningSnail Solar Crank NOAA Weather Radio for Emergency
- 2. iRonsnow Dynamo Emergency Solar Hand Crank Self Powered
- 1. Best NOAA Weather Radio For Emergency By Kozo
- Conclusion – What You Should Know
5. Bearham Portable Emergency Hand crank Solar radios
One advantage that comes with using the Bearham portable emergency radio is it doesn’t make use of too much hand cranking to operate but it can be powered using its USB design.
It also boasts of a hand-cranked generator with three LED flashlights which help you find your way, especially at night time.
This NOAA, FM and AM radio are very useful in emergency situations which is why it is considered a must-have in every emergency kit and thanks to its portable and compact design, it can be held comfortably and conveniently.
It can be charged using a hand crank design, solar panel or USB design.
- Very easy to use
- Perfect for use in all emergency situation
- Comes with a bright LED
- Requires constant cranking
4. Esky Solar Weather Radios Hand Crank Self Powered Emergency
Lighter than a paper, highly resistant to water and durable material construction makes the ESKY solar weather emergency radio a convenient and reliable emergency radio and it is one radio you can easily slip into your pocket and move about with it conveniently.
This NOAA, FM and AM radio are well designed to keep you updated be it news or weather updates and its flashlight features about 140 lumens of extremely bright light which help you find your way, especially at night time.
Another notable feature of this quality radio is it can be used to charge your mobile device when its battery runs low and thanks to its solar panel, USB dock and hand crank design makes it reliable at all times.
- Ideal for hurricane emergency situations
- Sounds very good and is also very easy to use
- Also delivers good music and emergency channels
- Comes smaller than expected
3. RunningSnail Solar Crank NOAA Weather Radio for Emergency
This radio can be charged in several ways such as by using its USB cable, charging by solar and hand cranking design and it can also be operated using three AAA batteries.
One impressive feature of this emergency radio is its LED flashlight and table lamp which provides help in finding one’s way in the dark and another notable feature of this radio is its flashing red light and SOS alarm system which can be used in getting help during emergency situations.
- Easy to use as you don’t have to stress the hand while cranking
- Useful in emergency situations
- Feels very comfortable when held
- FM radio doesn’t work
- Not as functional as described
2. iRonsnow Dynamo Emergency Solar Hand Crank Self Powered
When it comes to ensuring your survival in emergency situations, the iRonsnow dynamo emergency radio is one that is recommended for every home or family.
Its advantage over other radios on the market today is it boasts of cell phone talk time of five minutes which allows you maintain an open line of communication with anybody.
Its compact and lightweight design makes it very easy and comfortable to move about with and it is also considered to be a good charging source when your battery runs low.
Five minutes radio listening time is guaranteed thanks to its hand-cranking design and its torchlight can be made use of for about thirty minutes especially in the dark or other emergency situations.
- Unique radio which works excellently well in hurricane emergency situations
- Easy to move about with
- Sound is loud and clear
- Comes with a dead battery
- Functioned for only a few minutes and stop working again
- Charges at a slow pace
1. Best NOAA Weather Radio For Emergency By Kozo
The NOAA Weather Radio is a radio one can rely on in times of emergency as it boasts of hand-cranked generator design and three LED lights which offers so much help for every member of a family during times of emergency and it is a radio that is well designed and recommended for everybody.
One notable feature of this quality radio features a wide and broad frequency range so you can listen wide and stay informed and thanks to its in-built standard USB port, this radio can also be used to charge your mobile phone as well as other devices.
Its versatile design makes it function like an alarm siren, alarm light, LED illumination light and a USB charging port and its entire package comes with an instructional manual and cell phone charging cable.
- Recommended for outdoor adventure like camping trips
- Can also be solar charged
- Portable design makes it easy to move about with
- Amazing audio quality
Conclusion – What You Should Know
After going through this review, we hope you would be able to find the best emergency radio that can be used in staying informed during times of emergency.
The radio listed in this review is the best that we have rounded up to make the search easier for you so take some time off to carefully consider each and every one of the options listed here to select the one that best meets your needs and requirements.
- 6-way powered portable emergency radio with hand crank generator, solar panel, compartment for 3 AA batteries (not included), 5V USB input, 5V AC/DC input with a wall power adapter (sold separately), built-in NiMH replaceable and rechargeable battery pack
- Comprehensive coverage of AM, FM, 2-band shortwave and 7 pre-programmed NOAA weather channels for entertainment, sports, talk-shows, breaking news around the world, and 24/7 real-time weather forecast (USA and Canada ONLY) with PEAS (Public Emergency Alert System)
- Works as an emergency mobile battery charger with built-in standard DC 5V USB output port for charging mobile devices, such as smart phones, GPS units, MP3 players, digital cameras, and etc. Other features include a 5-LED reading lamp, LED flashlight and a red LED S.O.S. beacon light
- Telescopic antenna extends up to 14.5" for high sensitivity reception assisted by advanced semiconductor circuitry design and LED signal strength indicator for pin-point tuning accuracy, and built-in speaker delivers loud and crispy sound
- Made of strong premium impact-resistant and water-resistant ABS material, suitable for both indoors home/office use and outdoors recreational activities
- [2000MAH POWER BANK WILL KEEP DEVICES POWERED] The FosPower FOSPWB-2376 emergency radio incorporates a 2000mAh power bank capable of providing emergency power to any small tablet or phone.
- [3 POWER SOURCES POWER WHEN YOU NEED IT] Use the emergency weather radio's 3 power sources when you need a boost of power or need to recharge the radio. The radio's crank lever and solar panel are both capable of regenerating enough power to keep the radio, lights, and SOS alarm ready to go when you need it most. AAA Batteries ensure you have power when not able to regenerate power.
- [2 LIGHT SOURCES ALWAYS POWERED] The emergency crank radio can also provide light. The 4 LED reading light and 1W flashlight provides enough output to keep you and your loved ones out of the dark in an emergency situation.
- [NOAA EMERGENCY WEATHER BROADCAST ACCESS] The radio will dependably receive up to the second emergency weather forecasts and emergency news broadcasts from NOAA and AM/FM stations.
- [LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY] Includes a Limited Lifetime Warranty. Please visit FosPower's website for more information.
- 【The Best Survival Helper in Emergency】 Follow AM/FM & NOAA weather warning broadcasts in real time, receive emergency weather forecasts such as hurricanes, tornadoes, and severe storms in advance, pay attention to the safety of your family and make preparations in advance. Telescopic antenna can enhance the signal to achieve high sensitivity reception, the built-in speaker can make a loud and crisp sound.
- 【2000mAh Power Bank Make Your Device Online in Emergency】 The survival radio is equipped with 2000mAh mobile power supply, which can provide emergency power for any small tablet or mobile phone in an emergency, and support 4-6 hours of broadcasting or 12 hours light during power outage.
- 【1 Charging Method in Non-Emergency & 4 Power Supply Methods in Emergency】USB/AC/DC input can be used in non-emergency situations. crank charger, solar panel powered, built-in lithium battery power supply, 3 AAA batteries (not included) can be used in emergency. No longer worry about power outage. Suitable for both home, office use and outdoor camping.
- 【SOS Alarm and 3 Light Modes for Multiple Purposes】The built-in SOS alarm can be used for emergency call to get faster help when you get lost outdoor.You can read stories for children even at camping night by normal light. The strong light can be used for outdoor hiking at night. It is easier to get faster help by flash light in emergency.
- 【A Responsible Seller, Worry-Free After-Sales】 Made of sturdy high-quality impact-resistant and waterproof ABS material, with long service life and very durable. 365 days warranty, provide you with professional technical support at any time.
- 【AM/FM RADIO WITH GREAT RECEPTION】This emergency radio has a wide range of band reception of AM, FM and NOAA weather stations , the extended telescopic antenna up to 46.4" for high sensitivity reception assisted by advanced semiconductor circuitry design and LED signal strength indicator for pin-point tuning accuracy, which has better reception than others. And high quality built-in speaker delivers loud and crispy sound.
- 【4000mAh LARGEST BATTERY CAPACITY & 4 CHARGING MODES】This weather radio supports 4 way to keep device powered. The 4000mAh large capacity battery of emergency radio cellphone charger is twice or even four times that of other weather emergency radio, which is the bigest capacity in the weather radio's market. Also, Micro USB charge, Solar charge, Hand-crank could also supply the flashlight radio last for days after the storm had passed.
- 【SUPER-BRIGHT 3 MODE FLASHLIGHT & MOTION SENSOR READING LAMP】This crank flashlight radio comes with super bright 3 modes flashlight(far/dipped beam), brighter than other normal emergency flashlight radios in the market. For hiking or camping purpose, this weather radio is your smart choice to light up in full darkness to keep you safe in emergency. Also, a reading lamp with a Motion sensor will greatly help you get up in the mid-night to avoid waking your family.
- 【IPX3 WATERPROOF & COMPACT SIZE】The size for this weather radio is just similar with an iphone X, and we have included a carry strap and a hang buckle and it is made of strong ABS material which is IPX3 water resistance. Very convenient to carry for camping, traveling, backpacking or any other outdoor activities.
- 【EXTRA LOUD SOS ALARM WITH FLASHING WHITE LIGHT】Simply press the SOS button for asking for help in case you are in danger, such as storm, hurricane and tornadoes, or in case you would like to warn someone else, the SOS alert sound is extremely loud and can be heard miles away. so you’ll be ready in case of any emergency events.
- MULTIPLE POWER SOURCES - The ER310 features 3 sustainable power sources to recharge your radio: Solar Panel, Hand Crank, & Rechargeable 2600 mAh Battery. SOLAR PANEL - Simply recharge the internal lithium ion battery with direct sunlight. HAND CRANK - Recharge the radio during a power outage or anytime away from a power source. RECHARGEABLE 2600 mAh BATTERY - The rechargeable & replaceable long life battery provides up to 32 hours of radio operation. The ER310 can also be powered by 6 “AA” Batteries (Not Included) as a backup power solution.
- EMERGENCY FLASHLIGHT - The SOS FLASHLIGHT BEACON flashes Morse code in an emergency scenario and the Bright CREE LED (130 Lumens) can be used to signal for help. Select the Low brightness setting to conserve battery life or the High brightness setting for maximum illumination.
- NOAA WEATHER SCAN + ALERT - NOAA Weather Scan will automatically scan through 7 available weather (WX) band channels and locks onto the strongest weather channel to alert you of severe weather updates. NOAA Weather Alert will sound an alarm indicating that there is a risk of severe weather in your area. AM/FM radio is also available.
- CHARGE EXTERNAL DEVICES - Quickly charge your portable devices (cell phones, tablets, etc.) using the USB charging cable (included).
- ULTRASONIC DOG WHISTLE - Use the dog whistle to assist search and rescue teams in locating individuals during an emergency situation.