Are you looking for a quality and reliable garage heater to keep your garage warm or heat up your garage? There are numerous electric garage heaters available when you take a look at the internet today and it is quite necessary to know that 120V electric garage heaters can either be mounted in a basic standing position or mounted on the ceiling.
One major key to finding a suitable 120V electric garage heater is knowing its heat distribution and understanding how its voltage works and in order not to get yourself worked up, we have taken it upon ourselves to bring to you’re the best 120V electric garage heaters which we have rounded up today.
- What Are Electric Heaters?
- Risk Factors Of Using Electric Heaters
- 5. Dimplex DGWH4031 4000-Watt Garage/Workshop Heater
- 4. NewAir G73 Hardwired Electric Garage Heater, Heats up to 750 square feet
- 3. Fahrenheat FUH54 240-Volt Garage Heater, 2500 – 5000 Watt
- 2. Dr. Infrared Heater DR-988 Garage Shop 208/240V, 4800/5600W Heater with 6-30R Plug
- 1. Patton PUH680-N-U Milk-House Utility Heater
- Other Related Products Includes
- 1. Dr. Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater, 1500-Watt
- 2. Lasko 754200 Ceramic Heater with Adjustable Thermostat
- 3. Honeywell HZ-789 EnergySmart Electric Oil Filled Radiator Whole Room Heater
- 4. Lasko 6435 Designer Series Ceramic Oscillating Heater with Remote Control
- 5. Lasko 751320 Ceramic Tower Heater with Remote Control
- Conclusion – What You Should Know
What Are Electric Heaters?
Electric heaters are heaters that convert electricity into heat and this conversion process occurs when an electrical current passes through an electrical resistor which then converts this current into heat energy. These kinds of heaters are very easy to operate and make use of while the only form of maintenance required when dealing with electric heaters is optional mounting.
Risk Factors Of Using Electric Heaters
- They are quite expensive and costs more for operation compared to gas heaters
- Overheating can result to fire outbreak or even damage of the heater
- Not properly mounted electric heaters can trip over also result in a fire outbreak
- Heating can cause burns when touched
The products we have rounded up are the best you can find, popular among customers, reliable and dependable and without wasting further time, come with us and meet them today.
5. Dimplex DGWH4031 4000-Watt Garage/Workshop Heater
You can mount this heater on the ceiling or wall of your garage using its versatile mounting bracket while its heater swivels so heat can be directed to areas where it is greatly needed.
Specially designed for use in workshops and garages, the Dimplex 4000 watt heater is well designed to produce sufficient heat to heat up every corner of your workshop or garage and one important feature of this heater is its fan delay design which makes use of a residual heat or economic heat production.
This heater is also quite safe for use as it doesn’t give off harmful carbon monoxide or any dangerous combustion.
- Heats up fast
- Produces a large amount of heat
- Ideal for a two-car garage
- Generates more noise
- Its thermostat is poorly placed
4. NewAir G73 Hardwired Electric Garage Heater, Heats up to 750 square feet
Well designed to heat up spaces up to 500sq feet, the NewAir hardwired electric garage heater is ideal for use in industrial spaces, workshops and garages as it helps to keep these places warm.
Thanks to its rugged steel construction, this heater will withstand tough conditions while its well-constructed fan helps to distribute heat throughout your garage or workshop.
Featuring no plugs, this quality heater is very easy to install and it also comes with a swiveling bracket that allows mounting this heater on the ceiling or on the wall.
Its safety measures include; thermal cutoff which shuts down electricity to prevent overheating and automatic shutoff design which shuts down this heater after reaching the desired heat temperature.
- High-quality heater
- Easy to install
- Doesn’t come with complete wiring cables
Trending Article: Best Electric Guitars Under $100
3. Fahrenheat FUH54 240-Volt Garage Heater, 2500 – 5000 Watt
The Fahrenheat garage heater comes with an in-built mount bracket which makes it possible to mount this heater horizontally or vertically while its adjustable louvers ensure that the required heat is directed to areas where It is needed.
It also comes with an in-built single pole thermostat which can be adjusted from 45 degrees Fahrenheit to 135 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heats up quickly
- Good value product
- Also recommended for use in small shops
- Vibrates badly
2. Dr. Infrared Heater DR-988 Garage Shop 208/240V, 4800/5600W Heater with 6-30R Plug
This heater is recommended for use at workshop, basement, garage and construction sites and it delivers an efficient and effective heating action thanks to its well-designed heating elements.
This is a sturdy and dependable heater and one impressive feature of this top-quality heater is its well-constructed fan which guarantees continuous and constant warmth.
You can move this heater about easily as it features a portable and compact design while its built-in thermostat can be easily adjusted from low to high levels.
One impressive feature of the Dr. Infrared heater DR-988 garage shop heater is its overheat cut-off design which shuts down this machine if it detects overheat and it is powerful enough to heat up to six hundred square feet.
- Works great
- Keeps garage warm when necessary
- Not as durable as expected
- Prone to fire attacks
1. Patton PUH680-N-U Milk-House Utility Heater
The Patton milk house utility heater is ideal for use in workshops, garages and works sites as it features a full metal housing and it also comes with high and low heat settings as well as comfort control thermostat which allows you select the desired heat level.
It also comes with an automatic shut off technology that shuts down this heater when not in use. Using this heater also allows you to maintain a suitable comfort level thanks to its adjust manual controls.
It also boasts of front guards which provide protection against tip over thereby helping you stay relaxed during use.
- Ideal for heating up small spaces
- Can be left for an extended heating time
- Also ideal for small rooms
- Gets the job done
- Little bit noisy
- Gets broken easily
Other Related Products Includes
1. Dr. Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater, 1500-Watt
Safety was taken into consideration when manufacturing this heater as its heating elements are not capable of starting a fire thereby making it safe having it in the same house with your pets and kids.
Considered to be the most efficient and best alternative heating source available today, the Dr. Infrared portable heater features the combination of quartz and PTC infrared elements which ensures that you stay warm especially in cold seasons and thanks to its high-velocity low noise blower and dual heating system, this heater works effectively to boost heat transfer rate and distribution.
- Works great
- Incredible design
- Promotes warmth
- Space-saving design
- Not as durable as expected
2. Lasko 754200 Ceramic Heater with Adjustable Thermostat
Featuring a compact size, the Lasko ceramic heater delivers powerful heat and it is well designed to perfectly fit any tabletop or desk. This top-class heater comes with the fan-only, low heat and high heat comfort levels and it boasts of two power settings such as the 900-watt low setting and the 1500-watt high setting.
This Lasko heater comes with a carrying handle that allows you to move this heater around the house easily and the safety of your pets and kids is guaranteed as it comes with an automatic Overheat Protection Technology.
Backed with a 3-year warranty, the Lasko 754200 heater will fill up your room with desired heat and some important features of this heater include adjustable thermostat control which ensures personalized comfort, quiet operation, self-regulating ceramic element and manual controls.
- Works perfectly well
- Heats greatly
- Compact size
- Very functional
- Fast delivery service
- Has a drop in quality
- Failed to work at some point
3. Honeywell HZ-789 EnergySmart Electric Oil Filled Radiator Whole Room Heater
This radiator heater features low, medium and high phases so you can select a suitable comfort level and it is considered to be the ideal choice for every home with children and pets as it generates a maximum amount of energy as well as providing a low surface temperature.
Featuring a rounded design and rust-resistant construction, this heater is considered to be one of the most durable heaters available and it also boasts of 1500W power which is required for operation especially in large and medium rooms that require continuous heat supply in cold seasons.
The Delonghi radiator heater is one that gets your room filled with heat and making use of this heater helps to conserve energy as it helps you regulate temperature automatically. Some of its safety features include thermal cutoff and anti-freeze setting which fights against freezing pipes.
- High-quality product
- Excellent controls
- Amazing design
- Heats effectively
- Gives off a bad smell
- Heats up slowly
- The warning label is difficult to remove
4. Lasko 6435 Designer Series Ceramic Oscillating Heater with Remote Control
Safety is guaranteed when making use of this heater as it features an automatic heat protection design and it also comes with 1500W power output which is required for operation. Other notable features of this heater include self-regulating ceramic element, high/low quiet comfort setting, 7-hour automatic shutoff design and adjustable thermostat.
Featuring the combination of beautiful decorative design as well as a multifunction remote which gives you total control over this heater, the Lasko designer series oscillating heater will fill up your home with desired heat and it will fit any room perfectly as it boasts of a metal scrollwork base. Its electronic touch–control option allows you to select and maintain the desired heat level and it is well designed to deliver full heat coverage for any room.
- Looks great
- Works great
- Uses up less space
- Quiet operation
- Distributes heat evenly
- Item arrived already damaged
5. Lasko 751320 Ceramic Tower Heater with Remote Control
Users can easily move this heater from one room to the other easily thanks to its convenient carrying handles and one notable feature that makes this heater quite popular and widely used today is its maximum power output of 1500W which is required for fast and effective operation.
Boasting of an effective way of heating up your rooms, garages or any space where it is kept, the Lasko ceramic heater with remote control features the combination of widespread oscillation, penetrating air velocity and elongated heating elements which delivers continuous and steady warmth in all corners of the room and experience consistent and effective heating thanks to its small footprints.
- Can be stored easily
- Uses up less amount of space
- Works great during winter seasons
- Lasts long
- Product arrived dead
- Has no automatic shut off design
- Melts easily
Conclusion – What You Should Know
When considering the best 120V electric garage heater to buy, it is also necessary to take into consideration the outdoor temperature of the environment. Looking at this review, you would find the best models which we have listed and you rest assured that there aren’t any other better options available on the market again.
Regardless of their pros and cons, these are the best options you would come across and it will interest you to know that these models all come with innovative and great designs that make them suitable for your heating needs and for garages of different sizes. It is advised that you carefully go through each and every model mentioned above so as to carefully select the one that best suits your very needs.
- SPACE-SAVING DESIGN: The fan-forced heater is designed for ceiling mounting and hard-wired installation, which saves valuable floor space in a packed warehouse, garage or storage area.
- DURABLE STEEL CONSTRUCTION: The body of the commercial heater is crafted from heavy gauge steel, which stands up well to the temperature fluctuations in areas that are poorly insulated.
- TARGETED HEATING: Louvers and a variable mounting angle direct airflow where it is needed most, while the fan-forced design helps to distribute it throughout the room.
- CONVENIENT CONTROLS: The dual knob thermostat allows you to easily adjust the temperature to just the right level for your space and to turn the ceiling mount heater on and off quickly.
- SMART SAFETY FEATURES: A built-in sensor switches the device off automatically if it overheats, while a power indicator light ensures that you know when the unit is in use.
- (Wall Mounted Heater Only.) Wi-Fi enabled makes it possible for you to control the temperature from your phone!
- Safe to the touch grill. 1500 watts of power
- Space saving wall mount design means you don't lose floor space. Perfect for bedrooms, kitchens, offices and more
- When installed over the outlet, you can hide the cord inside the heater. This unit stays cool to the touch and the wall stays cool.
- Safe to the touch grill. Wall mounted version, Feet not included.
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor installations
- Clean, instant and odorless Infrared heat, 900W, 1200W, 1500W
- Plug and go uses standard 120V, remote controlled
- Included wall and Ceiling mounting bracket
- Made with durable and weather proof aluminum
- Garage/workshop fan-forced heater with 4000-watt stainless-steel element
- 13,640 BTUs; automatic temperature control from 45 to 77 degrees F
- Fan delay uses residual heat for economical performance; auto safety shut off
- Attaches to wall/ceiling with included mounting bracket; heater swivels to direct heat
- Measures 11 by 7-2/7 by 9 inches. Heating Element- Fan is propeller type, accurately balanced and correctly pitched. 240V
- [Rugged Exterior, Built to Last] The NewAir G73 hard-shell exterior is made from heavy-duty stainless steel. Not only is it durable, but it’s built to last, especially in tough climates and work conditions. It also comes with a mounting bracket for you to place it on the wall or ceiling of your workspace. This way you can stay toasty and safe with a heater hidden from busy work areas.
- [A Powerful Fan to Keep You Warm While You Work] Get quick heat from a fan powerful enough to spread warm air evenly throughout a 500 square foot radius. If you have a two-car garage, large workspace or shed, you’ll remain warm while you do your work, especially in the dead of winter.
- [Hardwired to Your 30 Amp Breaker] The NewAir G73 doesn’t come with any of the maintenance issues of a propane heater. It needs to be hardwired into your breaker, so consider hiring a professional electrician to help you. Once your heater is hardwired, your warm workspace is only a switch away.
- [An ETL Certified Heater You Can Trust] This Heater is considered one of the safest on the market and is our customers tried-and-true favorite. It is ETL certified for electrical safety, and comes with overheating protection, so rest assured you have one of the most trusted heaters available.
- [Direct Your Heat Anywhere with Adjustable Louvers] Direct heat anywhere in your garage with the adjustable louvers and easy tilt head. If you happen to be sitting in one location while you work, you can make sure the heat is sent to the exact spot you need. Or, you can turn the louvers completely open to allow heat to travel everywhere. The choice is yours.