Because of the compact size and portability of digital pianos, you can conveniently travel with them anywhere. You can enjoy playing on a vacation or in the comfort of your home. The digital piano is basically an electric music instrument designed to sound and feel like the acoustic piano, but unlike the acoustic piano, the digital piano has so many features that can make the piano/keyboard easier and more enjoyable to play.
Getting a good digital piano that is affordable can be a bit challenging and confusing. However, not everybody has so much money to spend on an instrument even when they are of very good quality. For that reason, we’ve written this article to help you identify and select very good digital pianos available in the market today and whose price range falls below $200.
Whenever you are going for a digital piano, you must put in mind certain things like your budget, sound quality, keyboard touch response, number of keys (preferably 88 keys to get a full learning experience), speakers and amplifiers and number of sounds; it is important for a beginner to stick to the basic sounds so as not to get confused.
Below is a list of your Top 5 best digital piano under $200:
- 5. RockJam 54-Key Portable Electronic Keyboard with Interactive LCD Screen
- 4. Yamaha PSRE253 61-Key Portable Keyboard
- 3. Plixio 61 Key Electric Music Keyboard Piano with USB & MP3 Input- Portable Electric Piano
- 2. Yamaha PSR EW300 76-Key Portable Keyboard
- 1. Casio CTK-2550 61- Key Portable Keyboard
5. RockJam 54-Key Portable Electronic Keyboard with Interactive LCD Screen
This keyboard is very portable and can easily be moved around. Its fifty-four keys give it that original piano feel. It features a hundred rhythms of sound effects and eight demo songs. There is also a record functionality as well as playback functionality.
Beginners can easily see the right chords and keys to play with the LCD screen. It is widely used by beginners in about twenty countries around the world. It also features several teaching modes making it the ideal keyboard for aspiring players.
With the RockJam 54-Key Portable Electronic Keyboard, beginners can enjoy playing along with any of the eight demo songs available while watching the LCD screen to know the right chords and keys to play. The battery option and built-in speakers of this keyboard make it convenient and portable to travel with.
4. Yamaha PSRE253 61-Key Portable Keyboard
This keyboard is lightweight and has decent size for easy storage. Its sixty-one keys (full-sized) are ideal for practicing and improving your playing skills. The keyboard allows you to play with another person with its duo mode that splits the keyboard into two halves, each with its own “middle c”.
You can connect this keyboard with any music device that has a headphone output using the Aux line input. You can also connect it with another computer. With this connection, you get to hear your music through the keyboard internal speakers.
The Yamaha PSRE253 features a grand button that allows you to reset the keyboard to a grand piano voice. This keyboard can be powered with a power adapter or batteries (the power adapter is not included). It also features 385 quality instrument voices that include drums, guitar, flutes and orchestral.
3. Plixio 61 Key Electric Music Keyboard Piano with USB & MP3 Input- Portable Electric Piano
The Plixio 61 Key Electric Music Keyboard Piano is ideal for intermediate players as well as beginners. It also has sixty-one keys ideal for practicing and developing your piano and keyboard playing skills.
Music files and mp3 can be played through the built-in speaker using the USB port situated at the back of the piano keyboard. It can be powered using 6 AA batteries or a power adapter. It also features 8 percussions, sixty demo songs, forty tonnes and many sound effects.
The Plixio 61 Key Electric Music Keyboard Piano also features a record function as well as a program function. There is also a music note sheet stand that is attached to the piano top. It is also lightweight and very portable making it easy to store and take to music lessons.
It comes with a microphone that can be connected to the port at the back of the device. This keyboard produces a very nice sound.
2. Yamaha PSR EW300 76-Key Portable Keyboard
This seventy-six key piano comes with about five hundred voices, thirty preset songs and a recording feature. It also features 160 preset styles. The piano keys have a soft touch design that allows for amazing playing experience.
It has a panel that is easy to use and it can work well with your computer. A USB can be used for the connection between your piano and the computer. It can be powered with AA batteries or a power adapter (not included)
Considering the number of keys on this piano, a music student or professional can grow on their skills without thinking of getting another keyboard with more keys. It offers a good quality piano sound and with the performance assistance feature you can play to your music and every note you hit will be right. You won’t have to worry about playing the wrong melody.
1. Casio CTK-2550 61- Key Portable Keyboard
If you need an enjoyable keyboard that produces a nice quality sound, then you should get the Casio CTK-2550. This keyboard is portable and has a number of features that allow for an expressive keyboard play. Some of these features include a built-in microphone, better sampling features, and four hundred keyboard voices.
This is a great keyboard even for someone playing the keyboard for the first time. You can even record your own song using the voice pad buttons. You can as well connect your music player to this keyboard and play to your favorite songs.
The Casio CTK-2550 is affordable and is a great choice for a starter or anyone thinking of making music at home. You will enjoy this keyboard for a long time considering the number of songs and other features that come with it.
- Amazon exclusive model includes power adapter and sustain pedal
- 88 fully weighted piano style keys simulate the feel of an acoustic piano and provide a quality playing experience
- Contains 10 different voices, including digitally sampled tones from real Yamaha acoustic grand pianos
- Dual Mode lets you combine 2 voices together, like piano and strings, for an inspiring new playing experience
- Slim and stylish design with a depth of less than 12 inches, the P71 requires little space and weighs only 25 pounds
- Full features Digital Piano for beginners Electric keyboard with 88 premium full sized semi weighted keys with adjustable touch response to suit your preferred playing style
- Premium Sounds 5 voices (Acoustic Piano, Electric Piano, Organ, Synth, and Bass), built in FX: Chorus, Reverb, and two built in 20W speakers that deliver crystal clear, room filling sound
- Connectivity Covered ¼ Inch sustain pedal input (not included), ¼ Inch stereo headphone output for private practice and stereo RCA outputs for connection to speakers / amplifiers
- Play the Keyboard Anywhere Power via the included power adapter or 6 D cell batteries (not included) for professional piano performance wherever you are
- Powerful Educational Features Standard, split, layer, and lesson modes with 128 note max polyphony and Skoove 3 month premium subscription for expert interactive online piano lessons
- 61 responsive piano style keys with built in speakers perfect for practicing and performing to your friends and family
- 300 built in tones with layer and split modes
- One touch song mode with 300 built in rhythms
- Play along with 40 demo songs or record your own
- Includes an easy to assemble stand, a bench with three adjustable height settings, headphones, a music rest, a power adapter and even a microphone for singing along while you play
- Start Playing Professional Keys Today : The ultimate beginners digital piano loaded with 12 expertly crafted voices and powerful educational features that guarantee to have you playing professional keys fast
- Universal Responsive Feel : 88 premium full sized hammer action keys with adjustable touch response to suit your preferred playing style
- The Recital Pro features a ¼ inches (6.35 mm) headphone output which mutes the internal speakers for convenient, quiet private practice. In addition to a ¼ inches (6.35 mm) sustain pedal input (pedal not included), Recital Pro also features stereo ¼” (6.35 mm) outputs to connect to a recorder, mixer, amplifier or other sound system
- Powerful Educational Features Standard, split, layer, record and lesson modes with 128 note max polyphony and Built In FX: Chorus, Reverb, Modulation
- Learn Piano Today : Includes Skoove 3 month premium subscription for expert interactive online piano lessons
- The AiR engine provides highly-accurate grand piano sounds with seamless dynamics for a remarkably expressive and powerful performance
- The Tri-Sensor Scaled Hammer Action II keyboard has an incredible feel and captures the dynamics of a performance with unparalleled speed and accuracy
- Includes a powerful stereo amplification system offering an optimal listening experience that is crystal-clear across the entire audio spectrum
- Duet Mode splits the piano into two equal pitch ranges, allowing a student and teacher to sit at the same instrument
- Concert Play allows you to play along with ten recordings of well-known orchestral pieces