Because of the compact size and portability of digital pianos, you can conveniently travel with them anywhere. You can enjoy playing on a vacation or in the comfort of your home. The digital piano is basically an electric music instrument designed to sound and feel like the acoustic piano, but unlike the acoustic piano, the digital piano has so many features that can make the piano/keyboard easier and more enjoyable to play.
Getting a good digital piano that is affordable can be a bit challenging and confusing. However, not everybody has so much money to spend on an instrument even when they are of very good quality. For that reason, we’ve written this article to help you identify and select very good digital pianos available in the market today and whose price range falls below $200.
- A Complete Guide to the Best Digital Piano for the Money
A Complete Guide to the Best Digital Piano for the Money
Whenever you are going for a digital piano, you must put in mind certain things like your budget, sound quality, keyboard touch response, number of keys (preferably 88 keys to get a full learning experience), speakers and amplifiers, and number of sounds; it is important for a beginner to stick to the basic sounds so as not to get confused.
Below is a list of your Top 5 best digital piano under $200.
5. RockJam 54-Key Portable Electronic Keyboard with Interactive LCD Screen
This keyboard is very portable and can easily be moved around. Its fifty-four keys give it that original piano feel. It features a hundred rhythms of sound effects and eight demo songs. There is also a record functionality as well as playback functionality.
Beginners can easily see the right chords and keys to play with the LCD screen. It is widely used by beginners in about twenty countries around the world. It also features several teaching modes making it the ideal keyboard for aspiring players.
With the RockJam 54-Key Portable Electronic Keyboard, beginners can enjoy playing along with any of the eight demo songs available while watching the LCD screen to know the right chords and keys to play. The battery option and built-in speakers of this keyboard make it convenient and portable to travel with.
4. Yamaha PSRE253 61-Key Portable Keyboard
This keyboard is lightweight and has decent size for easy storage. Its sixty-one keys (full-sized) are ideal for practicing and improving your playing skills. The keyboard allows you to play with another person with its duo mode that splits the keyboard into two halves, each with its own “middle c”.
You can connect this keyboard with any music device that has a headphone output using the Aux line input. You can also connect it with another computer. With this connection, you get to hear your music through the keyboard internal speakers.
The Yamaha PSRE253 features a grand button that allows you to reset the keyboard to a grand piano voice. This keyboard can be powered with a power adapter or batteries (the power adapter is not included). It also features 385 quality instrument voices that include drums, guitar, flutes and orchestral.
3. Plixio 61 Key Electric Music Keyboard Piano with USB & MP3 Input- Portable Electric Piano
The Plixio 61 Key Electric Music Keyboard Piano is ideal for intermediate players as well as beginners. It also has sixty-one keys ideal for practicing and developing your piano and keyboard playing skills.
Music files and mp3 can be played through the built-in speaker using the USB port situated at the back of the piano keyboard. It can be powered using 6 AA batteries or a power adapter. It also features 8 percussions, sixty demo songs, forty tonnes and many sound effects.
The Plixio 61 Key Electric Music Keyboard Piano also features a record function as well as a program function. There is also a music note sheet stand that is attached to the piano top. It is also lightweight and very portable making it easy to store and take to music lessons.
It comes with a microphone that can be connected to the port at the back of the device. This keyboard produces a very nice sound.
2. Yamaha PSR EW300 76-Key Portable Keyboard
This seventy-six key piano comes with about five hundred voices, thirty preset songs and a recording feature. It also features 160 preset styles. The piano keys have a soft touch design that allows for amazing playing experience.
It has a panel that is easy to use and it can work well with your computer. A USB can be used for the connection between your piano and the computer. It can be powered with AA batteries or a power adapter (not included)
Considering the number of keys on this piano, a music student or professional can grow on their skills without thinking of getting another keyboard with more keys. It offers a good quality piano sound and with the performance assistance feature you can play to your music and every note you hit will be right. You won’t have to worry about playing the wrong melody.
1. Casio CTK-2550 61- Key Portable Keyboard
If you need an enjoyable keyboard that produces a nice quality sound, then you should get the Casio CTK-2550. This keyboard is portable and has a number of features that allow for an expressive keyboard play. Some of these features include a built-in microphone, better sampling features, and four hundred keyboard voices.
This is a great keyboard even for someone playing the keyboard for the first time. You can even record your own song using the voice pad buttons. You can as well connect your music player to this keyboard and play to your favorite songs.
The Casio CTK-2550 is affordable and is a great choice for a starter or anyone thinking of making music at home. You will enjoy this keyboard for a long time considering the number of songs and other features that come with it.
- Dance music Mode w/50 built-in dance music rhythms
- Chordata play app integration
- 48 note polyphony
- Step-up Lesson system
- 400 tone, 100 rhythms
- What is the best sounding digital piano?
- How long do digital pianos last?
- What is the difference between a Clavinova and a digital piano?
- How much should I spend on a digital piano?
- Can a digital piano go out of tune?
- What is the best digital piano for beginners?
- A Digital Piano That’s Tailored to You - Feature-packed electric keyboard with 88 premium full-sized semi weighted keys with adjustable touch response to suit your preferred playing style
- Premium Sounds - 5 voices (Acoustic Piano, Electric Piano, Organ, Synth, and Bass), built-in FX: Chorus, Reverb, and 2 built in 20W speakers that deliver crystal-clear, room-filling sound
- All The Right Connections - ¼” sustain pedal input (pedal not included), ¼” stereo headphone output for private practice and stereo RCA outputs for connection to speakers/amplifiers
- Play the Keyboard Wherever You Go - Power via the included power adapter or 6 D cell batteries (not included) for professional piano performance anywhere
- Powerful Educational Features - Standard, split, layer, and lesson modes with 128-note max polyphony and Skoove 3 month premium subscription for expert interactive online piano lessons
- Amazon exclusive model includes power adapter and sustain pedal
- 88 fully weighted piano style keys simulate the feel of an acoustic piano and provide a quality playing experience
- Contains 10 different voices, including digitally sampled tones from real Yamaha acoustic grand pianos
- Dual mode lets you combine 2 voices together, like piano and strings, for an inspiring new playing experience
- Slim and stylish design with a depth of less than 12 inches, the P71 requires little space and weighs only 25 pounds
- 1 of Yamaha P71 88-Key Weighted Action Digital Piano with Sustain Pedal and Power Supply (Amazon-Exclusive)
- 1 of Yamaha L85 Keyboard Stand
- 1 of Yamaha PKBB1 Adjustable Padded Keyboard Bench
- 🎹 【Half-Weighted / Semi-Weighted Design】The digital electric piano with 88-key weighted keyboard simulates the real touch of playing the piano.Semi-weighted keys provide greater control and maximizes playing comfort. You can play fast riffs anywhere on the keyboard.
- 🎹 【8 Excellent Voices & 128 Polyphony】The 88-key keyboard digital electric piano with 8 professionally crafted voices include Acoustic Piano, Electric Grand Piano, Church Organ, etc. let you enjoy the beauty of various instruments. With 128 polyphony, digital piano can provide super clear rendition, natural feeling of different sounds , perfect for teaching and learning.
- 🎹 【Multifunctional Settings 】Metronome with 4 types of debt for controlling rhythm; Effect control for selecting or adjusting trill effect/suspension/DSP effect; Recording mode of a 88-key keyboard digital piano for storing or arranging the music. All are for meeting players’ different demands.
- 🎹 【Control Panel & Multi-Media】Sustain pedal and audio inputs & outputs, perfectly used for music arrangement and an ensemble. The digital piano with 88-key weighted keyboards is built-in two 25W speakers and MP3 players, bringing you richer and better experience of practice and performance.
- 🎹 【Modern Design: Modern Design】Sophisticated craftsmanship brought out streamlined piano body and textured keys, giving you an extraordinary playing experience, especially suitable for you to enjoy the beauty of music when you use 88-key weighted keyboard digital piano.
- Donner 88-key fully-weighted action digital piano, precisely matching the finger strength changes, restore the true piano's finger strength, more stable and feel better.
- Test and adjust the details of timbre repeatedly , making the sound more realistic and excellent, help you develop a keen ability to distinguish sound.
- Input and play MP3, built-in amplifier, support external sound or headphone to meet the needs of different occasions.
- Streamlined design, wooden cabinet with sliding key cover to protect the key.
- 128 polyphony , have one pure tones sampled from real acoustic grand pianos . Guarantee the quality of your practice and performance.