Condenser microphones have played an important role when it comes to improving sounds and recording processes but despite being so important, one doesn’t have to spend heavily to acquire them. There is a lot to look out for when trying to purchase one today and they include;
- Sound pressure handling
- Diaphragm size
- Background noise reduction and polar pattern
- USB or non-USB
Having considered these factors, let us take you to meet the best condenser microphone that would match your two hundred dollar budget.
- 5. MXL 770 Cardioid Condenser Microphone
- 4. Audio-Technica AT2020 Cardioid Condenser
- 3. Neewer NW-700 Professional Studio Broadcasting
- 2. Shure SM58-LC Vocal Microphone, Cardioid
- 1. Blue Snowball iCE Condenser Microphone, Cardioid
- Conclusion – What You Should Know
5. MXL 770 Cardioid Condenser Microphone
Having the MXL 77O cardioids condenser microphone is a great addition to any studio as its versatility makes it suitable for various activities and with this microphone, you would get good and excellent sounds for stringed instruments, pianos, vocals and percussion.
You will be impressed with this top quality condenser microphone as it boasts of low-frequency roll-off which helps to eliminate rumble sounds while another reason why this microphone is recommended for every studio is it comes wired with Mogami which guarantees amazing and crisp sound quality.
These features and more continues to amaze singers all around the world and it is also loved by singers as it delivers solid bass sounds.
- Delivers nice and clear tones
- Also recommended for basic recording
- Very easy to work with
- Comes with a sturdy shock mount
- Product arrived defective
- Generates hum or hiss sound
4. Audio-Technica AT2020 Cardioid Condenser
This is the best performance and affordable condenser microphone that you would come across today as it boasts of modern-day technology designs and using this Audio Technica AT2020 cardioid condenser microphone, you would be able to handle studio, home and project applications.
Unmatched versatility is one of the attributes of this condenser microphone thanks to its wide dynamic range and high SPL handling design and you would also experience the amazing transient response with great frequency response thanks to its low-mass, custom-engineered diaphragm.
Another impressive feature of this microphone is its cardioids pickup pattern which helps in getting rid of external sounds from the rear and sides so you can enjoy clean and crisp sounds.
- Sounds great which makes it ideal for streaming
- Durable and accurately made
- Designed to capture low frequencies very well
- Recommended for podcasting
- Comes with no stand, cable or accessories for mounting
3. Neewer NW-700 Professional Studio Broadcasting
One impressive feature of this microphone is its cardioids pickup pattern which guarantees that noise from its main source together with background noise gets eliminated.
This is one microphone that is quite convenient to carry about thanks to its foldable design and it also boasts of a durable material construction that guarantees long-lasting use.
Handling noise is reduced when using the Neewer studio condenser microphone as it comes with a locking knob and angle adjustment knob and thanks to its ball-type foam design, this microphone is well protected from singers spit and wind.
- Sounds good and clean
- Great quality sounds which makes it ideal for recording
- Delivers warm tones which makes it perfect for voiceovers
- Its stand got delivered broken and damaged
- Despite setting it up properly, the microphone still failed to work
2. Shure SM58-LC Vocal Microphone, Cardioid
Another quality condenser microphone that would match your two hundred dollar budget is the Shure vocal microphone as it boasts of a good frequency response that delivers amazing vocals with superior bass roll-off and bright midrange.
Using this quality microphone guarantees that ambient noise would be filtered off as it boasts of an in-built spherical pop and wind filter and thanks to its pneumatic shock mount system, the Shure vocal microphone would cut down and eliminate external noise.
Also, this microphone reduces background noise and it also isolates sounds that generate from the main source thanks to its uniform cardioids pickup pattern.
- Delivers balanced and clear sounds
- Ensures no noise and displays amazing audio clarity
- Comes with a quite off and on switch
- Top-quality construction
- Poor off and on button design
1. Blue Snowball iCE Condenser Microphone, Cardioid
When it comes down to spice up your YouTube recordings and you don’t know the right type of microphone for doing that then you should count on the Blue Snowball ICE condenser microphone as it will improve your recordings.
This microphone isn’t only designed for improving recordings but also for creating podcasts, recording vocals as well as adding narration to movies.
One impressive feature of this highly rated microphone is it provides you with crystal clear audio for FaceTime, messages and for Skype.
You would also find it very easy to use as all it requires is for you to plug to your PC or MAC directly without requiring any drivers for installation.
- Delivers crisp and amazing sounds
- Also used for gaming
- Windows recognizes this microphone instantly
- Well built
- Doesn’t eliminate ambient noise
- Stopped working after a few months of use
Conclusion – What You Should Know
Condenser microphones are very important recording accessories in every recording studio and when it comes to capturing the best sounds, the models listed above have been carefully selected as they would provide you with the best sounds ever not forgetting that you don’t have to spend a fortune in acquiring them.
- iOS LIGHTNING CONNECTION: Apple MFi certified and compatible with all iOS devices with a Lightning connector
- POCKET-FRIENDLY: Capture powerful audio recordings on the move without the need for large and heavy audio equipment
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE: Flexibility to tilt, flip and rotate the microphone up to 90° to get stereo clarity, whatever your sound source
- TWO FREE APPS: ShurePlus MOTIV Audio & ShurePlus MOTIV Video allow you to customize the performance and set-up of the microphone for professional audio and video capture. Download directly from App Store
- NO WIND NOISE: Includes a black foam windscreen (part number AMV88-WS); please note that the windscreen comes attached and can be removed if desired
- Plug and Play: With a USB 2.0 data port, the TC-777 is plug and play, no additional driver software, sound card or phantom power is required. Ideal for gaming, streaming, chatting, podcasting, recording, Skype, Voice-over, YouTube video, etc.
- Cardioid Pickup Pattern: This mic has a cardioid pickup pattern that captures the clear, smooth and crisp sound in front of the microphone and suppresses unwanted background noise.
- Easy to Install: Without any assembly, only need to unfold the three-legged stand directly and adjust the position of the pop filter, then it can be plug and play.
- Versatility: The shock mount can be unscrewed and attached to a boom stand with 5/8'' threaded insert directly. Note: If the threaded insert your stand comes with is 3/8'', then the 3/8'' female to 5/8'' male threaded screw adapter is needed (not included).
- What You Get: 1 x Microphone with Power Cord, 1 x Foldable Mic Tripod, 1 x Mini Shock Mount, 1 x Pop Filter, 1 x Manual and 1 x Service Card. (▲▲Note: It is compatible with Macs and PCs, not compatible with Phones, Ipad and Xbox.▲▲)
- Condenser capsule with a tight cardioid polar pattern captures speech with precision
- Use the Wave Link app to control Wave: 3 and up to seven other audio sources, plus create two independent mixes
- Up to 24-bit / 96kHz analog to digital conversion delivers lush detail
- Proprietary Clipguard technology makes distortion virtually impossible
- Superior circuitry ensures seamless audio signal transmission
- Plug and play Usb recording microphone with 5.9-Foot USB Cable included for computer PC laptop that connects directly to USB port for record music,computer singing or podcast. Easy to use and install on Mac or PC. (◆◆Not compatible with Xbox and Phones◆◆)
- Solid sturdy metal construction design computer microphone with stable tripod stand is convenient when you are doing voice overs or livestreams on YouTube.
- Recording microphone with additional volume knob itself has a louder output and is more sensitive,your voice would be heard well enough when gaming ,skyping or voice recording.
- USB-powered design condenser microphone for recording no need the 48v Phantom power supply, work well with Cortana,Discord,voice chat and voice recognition.
- Cardioid polar pattern condenser microphone for computer captures your voice properly,produce clear smooth and crisp sound without static noise.Great for gamers/streamers at isolating the sounds from the main source and separating them from any background noise. Does the job well for streaming broadcast ,OBS and teamspeak.
- Still with the best-in-class Rycote Lyre suspension system onboard, the VideoMic Pro+ improves on the existing VideoMic Pro capsule/line tube and windshield, plus boasts a host of new features.
- Automatic power function (with plug-in power availability) is perfect for the run-and-gun shooter, automatically turning the microphone off when unplugged from the camera.
- Built-in battery door makes replacing the battery a breeze - plus it won't get lost.
- Power options the VideoMic Pro+ can be powered by the all-new and included Rode LB-1 lithium-ion rechargeable battery, 2 x AA batteries or continuously via micro USB.
- Digital switching - will ensure the user has ultimate capture of the audio signal at the source, reducing post production and editing times.