Condenser microphones have played an important role when it comes to improving sounds and recording processes but despite being so important, one doesn’t have to spend heavily to acquire them. There is a lot to look out for when trying to purchase one today and they include;
- Sound pressure handling
- Diaphragm size
- Background noise reduction and polar pattern
- USB or non-USB
Having considered these factors, let us take you to meet the best condenser microphone that would match your two hundred dollar budget.
- 5. MXL 770 Cardioid Condenser Microphone
- 4. Audio-Technica AT2020 Cardioid Condenser
- 3. Neewer NW-700 Professional Studio Broadcasting
- 2. Shure SM58-LC Vocal Microphone, Cardioid
- 1. Blue Snowball iCE Condenser Microphone, Cardioid
- Conclusion – What You Should Know
5. MXL 770 Cardioid Condenser Microphone
Having the MXL 77O cardioids condenser microphone is a great addition to any studio as its versatility makes it suitable for various activities and with this microphone, you would get good and excellent sounds for stringed instruments, pianos, vocals and percussion.
You will be impressed with this top quality condenser microphone as it boasts of low-frequency roll-off which helps to eliminate rumble sounds while another reason why this microphone is recommended for every studio is it comes wired with Mogami which guarantees amazing and crisp sound quality.
These features and more continues to amaze singers all around the world and it is also loved by singers as it delivers solid bass sounds.
- Delivers nice and clear tones
- Also recommended for basic recording
- Very easy to work with
- Comes with a sturdy shock mount
- Product arrived defective
- Generates hum or hiss sound
4. Audio-Technica AT2020 Cardioid Condenser
This is the best performance and affordable condenser microphone that you would come across today as it boasts of modern-day technology designs and using this Audio Technica AT2020 cardioid condenser microphone, you would be able to handle studio, home and project applications.
Unmatched versatility is one of the attributes of this condenser microphone thanks to its wide dynamic range and high SPL handling design and you would also experience the amazing transient response with great frequency response thanks to its low-mass, custom-engineered diaphragm.
Another impressive feature of this microphone is its cardioids pickup pattern which helps in getting rid of external sounds from the rear and sides so you can enjoy clean and crisp sounds.
- Sounds great which makes it ideal for streaming
- Durable and accurately made
- Designed to capture low frequencies very well
- Recommended for podcasting
- Comes with no stand, cable or accessories for mounting
3. Neewer NW-700 Professional Studio Broadcasting
One impressive feature of this microphone is its cardioids pickup pattern which guarantees that noise from its main source together with background noise gets eliminated.
This is one microphone that is quite convenient to carry about thanks to its foldable design and it also boasts of a durable material construction that guarantees long-lasting use.
Handling noise is reduced when using the Neewer studio condenser microphone as it comes with a locking knob and angle adjustment knob and thanks to its ball-type foam design, this microphone is well protected from singers spit and wind.
- Sounds good and clean
- Great quality sounds which makes it ideal for recording
- Delivers warm tones which makes it perfect for voiceovers
- Its stand got delivered broken and damaged
- Despite setting it up properly, the microphone still failed to work
2. Shure SM58-LC Vocal Microphone, Cardioid
Another quality condenser microphone that would match your two hundred dollar budget is the Shure vocal microphone as it boasts of a good frequency response that delivers amazing vocals with superior bass roll-off and bright midrange.
Using this quality microphone guarantees that ambient noise would be filtered off as it boasts of an in-built spherical pop and wind filter and thanks to its pneumatic shock mount system, the Shure vocal microphone would cut down and eliminate external noise.
Also, this microphone reduces background noise and it also isolates sounds that generate from the main source thanks to its uniform cardioids pickup pattern.
- Delivers balanced and clear sounds
- Ensures no noise and displays amazing audio clarity
- Comes with a quite off and on switch
- Top-quality construction
- Poor off and on button design
1. Blue Snowball iCE Condenser Microphone, Cardioid
When it comes down to spice up your YouTube recordings and you don’t know the right type of microphone for doing that then you should count on the Blue Snowball ICE condenser microphone as it will improve your recordings.
This microphone isn’t only designed for improving recordings but also for creating podcasts, recording vocals as well as adding narration to movies.
One impressive feature of this highly rated microphone is it provides you with crystal clear audio for FaceTime, messages and for Skype.
You would also find it very easy to use as all it requires is for you to plug to your PC or MAC directly without requiring any drivers for installation.
- Delivers crisp and amazing sounds
- Also used for gaming
- Windows recognizes this microphone instantly
- Well built
- Doesn’t eliminate ambient noise
- Stopped working after a few months of use
Conclusion – What You Should Know
Condenser microphones are very important recording accessories in every recording studio and when it comes to capturing the best sounds, the models listed above have been carefully selected as they would provide you with the best sounds ever not forgetting that you don’t have to spend a fortune in acquiring them.