Condenser microphones have played an important role when it comes to improving sounds and recording processes but despite being so important, one doesn’t have to spend heavily to acquire them. There is a lot to look out for when trying to purchase one today and they include;
- Sound pressure handling
- Diaphragm size
- Background noise reduction and polar pattern
- USB or non-USB
Having considered these factors, let us take you to meet the best condenser microphone that would match your two hundred dollar budget.
- 5. MXL 770 Cardioid Condenser Microphone
- 4. Audio-Technica AT2020 Cardioid Condenser
- 3. Neewer NW-700 Professional Studio Broadcasting
- 2. Shure SM58-LC Vocal Microphone, Cardioid
- 1. Blue Snowball iCE Condenser Microphone, Cardioid
- Conclusion – What You Should Know
5. MXL 770 Cardioid Condenser Microphone
Having the MXL 77O cardioids condenser microphone is a great addition to any studio as its versatility makes it suitable for various activities and with this microphone, you would get good and excellent sounds for stringed instruments, pianos, vocals and percussion.
You will be impressed with this top quality condenser microphone as it boasts of low-frequency roll-off which helps to eliminate rumble sounds while another reason why this microphone is recommended for every studio is it comes wired with Mogami which guarantees amazing and crisp sound quality.
These features and more continues to amaze singers all around the world and it is also loved by singers as it delivers solid bass sounds.
- Delivers nice and clear tones
- Also recommended for basic recording
- Very easy to work with
- Comes with a sturdy shock mount
- Product arrived defective
- Generates hum or hiss sound
4. Audio-Technica AT2020 Cardioid Condenser
This is the best performance and affordable condenser microphone that you would come across today as it boasts of modern-day technology designs and using this Audio Technica AT2020 cardioid condenser microphone, you would be able to handle studio, home and project applications.
Unmatched versatility is one of the attributes of this condenser microphone thanks to its wide dynamic range and high SPL handling design and you would also experience the amazing transient response with great frequency response thanks to its low-mass, custom-engineered diaphragm.
Another impressive feature of this microphone is its cardioids pickup pattern which helps in getting rid of external sounds from the rear and sides so you can enjoy clean and crisp sounds.
- Sounds great which makes it ideal for streaming
- Durable and accurately made
- Designed to capture low frequencies very well
- Recommended for podcasting
- Comes with no stand, cable or accessories for mounting
3. Neewer NW-700 Professional Studio Broadcasting
One impressive feature of this microphone is its cardioids pickup pattern which guarantees that noise from its main source together with background noise gets eliminated.
This is one microphone that is quite convenient to carry about thanks to its foldable design and it also boasts of a durable material construction that guarantees long-lasting use.
Handling noise is reduced when using the Neewer studio condenser microphone as it comes with a locking knob and angle adjustment knob and thanks to its ball-type foam design, this microphone is well protected from singers spit and wind.
- Sounds good and clean
- Great quality sounds which makes it ideal for recording
- Delivers warm tones which makes it perfect for voiceovers
- Its stand got delivered broken and damaged
- Despite setting it up properly, the microphone still failed to work
2. Shure SM58-LC Vocal Microphone, Cardioid
Another quality condenser microphone that would match your two hundred dollar budget is the Shure vocal microphone as it boasts of a good frequency response that delivers amazing vocals with superior bass roll-off and bright midrange.
Using this quality microphone guarantees that ambient noise would be filtered off as it boasts of an in-built spherical pop and wind filter and thanks to its pneumatic shock mount system, the Shure vocal microphone would cut down and eliminate external noise.
Also, this microphone reduces background noise and it also isolates sounds that generate from the main source thanks to its uniform cardioids pickup pattern.
- Delivers balanced and clear sounds
- Ensures no noise and displays amazing audio clarity
- Comes with a quite off and on switch
- Top-quality construction
- Poor off and on button design
1. Blue Snowball iCE Condenser Microphone, Cardioid
When it comes down to spice up your YouTube recordings and you don’t know the right type of microphone for doing that then you should count on the Blue Snowball ICE condenser microphone as it will improve your recordings.
This microphone isn’t only designed for improving recordings but also for creating podcasts, recording vocals as well as adding narration to movies.
One impressive feature of this highly rated microphone is it provides you with crystal clear audio for FaceTime, messages and for Skype.
You would also find it very easy to use as all it requires is for you to plug to your PC or MAC directly without requiring any drivers for installation.
- Delivers crisp and amazing sounds
- Also used for gaming
- Windows recognizes this microphone instantly
- Well built
- Doesn’t eliminate ambient noise
- Stopped working after a few months of use
Conclusion – What You Should Know
Condenser microphones are very important recording accessories in every recording studio and when it comes to capturing the best sounds, the models listed above have been carefully selected as they would provide you with the best sounds ever not forgetting that you don’t have to spend a fortune in acquiring them.
- Carefully Tuned Sound: Balanced and Neutral frequency response. Unlike most condenser microphones, this microphone does not sound harsh and will not stand out in your mix or sound fatiguing over time.
- High Quality Diaphragm: Our capsules are made using high-grade brass and Japanese imported mylar. They are manufactured with the most precise machinery to achieve higher sensitivity making them able to reproduce subtle sounds. This makes it the perfect for a vairety of sources.
- Low Noise Circuit: Our custom transformer less JFET circuit is made with German capacitors and components with a tolerance as low as 1%. It features gold traces for high conductivity, great performance without distortion, and a noise floor of less than 13dBA.
- High Strength Iron Body: Our microphone body and frame are made out of high-grade iron with a durable grill to protect the capsule and ensure that every of our microphone will last a lifetime.
- NOTE: To connect to a computer, please use a proper USB audio interface that can supply 48V and an XLR to XLR cable. DO NOT rely on a 48V power supply and connecting directly to your PC as that will give you a very low signal output.
- Professional Recording Studio Equipment: Equiped with Zingyou BM-800 microphone, Shock mount, Pop filter, Mic adjustable suspension scissor arm stand, Anti-wind foam Cap, Power cable, Sound card
- Sensitive Capture: The Zingyou BM-800 features thin material diaphragm or “capsule” which vibrates and sends a signal to the output when engaged and is hit by sound waves, it provides an extremely accurate and highly detailed representation of what’s being played
- Great in both Vocal and Instruments: Wide frequency response makes it an ideal mic to capture vocals, acoustic guitars, acoustic pianos and even strings as the condenser is able to take an accurate snapshot and capture all the subtleties and nuances inherent in these instruments.
- Low Noise: It features high signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) that means less distortion to be caused on the process of recording, Unique 3-layer protection system prevents unwanted pop noises—providing singers with a clear, plosive-free vocal performance
- With detailed assemble video and Instruction document, 7 days no reason to refund, 30-day replacement service, 1 year warranty
- [Better-than-CD Recordings] This recording mic captures the details, nuances, and articulation with high sampling rate (192KHZ/24Bit), extended dynamic range and smooth frequency response of 100Hz-18kHz. It is professional microphone which offers richer and crystal clear audios for livestreams, podcast, YouTube videos, voice-over, meetings and gaming.
- [Screen out unwanted noise] Background noise is greatly eliminated due to the cardioid pickup pattern that only focuses sound sources directly in front of the microphone. Pop filter with double mesh layering and foam windscreen help reduce subtle plosive and wind sound.
- [Sturdy Arm Stand Set] The all steel scissor arm stand is sufficient for holding the entire set up steady and is fully adjustable with tension knobs to keep it in place. Also, the shock mount on it holds the streaming mic without slipping and isolates it from vibrating off anything like stand, desk or floor.
- [Plug and Play] This USB condenser microphone greatly saves your time and extra cost because it provides direct plug-and-play connection to Mac and Windows computers without any additional software or accessories. Just connect the studio microphone in seconds via standard USB 2.0 port.
- [Easy Installation] Just take 10 minutes to assemble the Condenser Mic, Adjustable Scissor Arm Stand, Metal Shock Mount, Pop Filter, Foam Mic Windscreen, Detachable Table Mounting Clamp, and 2.5M USB Cable based on the User Manual.
- External Power Source Required: Note: Condenser microphones have active electronics that need an external power source. In order to function properly, you need to connect the TC20 to phantom power, audio interface, mixer, or preamp. Designed for studio recording, home studio, podcasting, voice-over, streaming, YouTube video production, etc.
- Professional Sound: The upgraded mic capsule with low-noise FET preamplifier, high SPL handling, and wide dynamic range provides smooth, high-end clarity, warm and natural sound.
- Cardioid Pattern: TC20 adopts a cardioid polar pattern with excellent off-axis sound suppression capabilities to reduce the sound pickup from the side and rear and better eliminate background noise. Ideal for recording vocals and acoustic instruments.
- Upgraded T20 Boom Arm: T20 is made of durable steel and comes with a desk clamp with 4 times larger contact area for easily clip to any desk up to 2.4''/60mm thick, suitable for most mics weighing up to 4lbs/1.8k.
- What You Get: 1 x condenser microphone, 1 x T20 suspension stand, 1 x metal shock mount, 1 x pop filter, 1 x mic cover, 4 x cable tie, 1 x XLR cable and 1 x manual.
- 【Excellent Sound Quality】:This USB condenser microphone was designed with the professional sound chip-set and 16mm electret condenser transducer. The proprietary capsule design delivers rich, detailed sound, while the premium converter enables high-resolution 192kHz/24bit audio recording direct to your computer. Make sure you capture every last detail of your podcasts, voice-overs and music projects
- 【USB Output】:Enables simple setup. USB Microphone Kit provide a direct convenient plug-and-play connection to Mac and Windows computers without any additional hardware for recording vocals, podcasts and Skype. It's never been easier to get high-quality sound for your voice and computer-based audio recordings.(◆◆Not compatible Phones◆◆)
- 【MIC GAIN KNOB】:Adjust mic gain with the easy-to-reach knob, Make the mic to reach a perfect voice, Let you record sound in comfort. Perfect for audiovisual electronic musical instruments and various applications operating life up to 15000 cycles
- 【Easy to Attach】:The streaming microphone adjustable boom studio scissor Arm Stand features a heavy-duty combo mount that consists of a sturdy C-clamp and a detachable desktop mount.With 13" fixed horizontal arm and offers a 30" reach.The low-profile,table-hugging design allows on-air talent to perform without facial obstruction to record podcasts or make dubbing sounds for videos, use voice chat in online games or doing business on Skype.
- 【PLUG & PLAY AND 12-MONTH WARRANTY】: The microphone has a USB data port, easy to connect with computers. No need extra driver software, and no need for an external sound card, Only select USB mic as default input in your software settings. Double shielding USB cable reduces interference. Compatible with Windows and Mac OS. Dschlzy products provide a 12-Month warranty to ensure a better shopping experience