Recording your beautiful voice is simply doing the world a huge favor as they would need to listen to it and play it back over and over again but before achieving this, it is very important that you make use of a good and quality microphone which would work effectively in any situation.
However, there are certain factors one must consider before selecting a microphone for vocal and they include:
- Pickup pattern
- Shock mount
- Audio interface and more
After considering these factors, come with us as we show you the best microphone that would suit your vocal needs.
5. MXL 770 Cardioid Condenser Microphone
Having the MXL 77O cardioids condenser microphone is a great addition to any studio as its versatility makes it suitable for various activities and with this microphone, you would get good and excellent sounds for stringed instruments, pianos, vocals and percussion.
You will be impressed with this top quality condenser microphone as it boasts of low-frequency roll-off which helps to eliminate rumble sounds while another reason why this microphone is recommended for every studio is it comes wired with Mogami which guarantees amazing and crisp sound quality.
These features and more continues to amaze singers all around the world and it is also loved by singers as it delivers solid bass sounds.
- Delivers nice and clear tones
- Also recommended for basic recording
- Very easy to work with
- Comes with a sturdy shock mount
- Product arrived defective
- Generates hum or hiss sound
4. CAD U37 USB Studio Condenser Recording Microphone
One impressive feature of this microphone is its extended and smooth frequency response which makes it ideal for instruments, sound and speech while its bass reduction switch also helps in eliminating noise.
Get the CAD USB studio condenser microphone which is perfect for rich and warm recordings and it also boasts of a cardioid pickup pattern that works effectively in getting rid of external noise and isolating noise from the main source.
This microphone is compatible with Macintosh and Windows devices and it also comes with a 10db overload protection which gets rid of distortion of loud sounds.
- Requires no drivers to install
- Comes with a CYAN LED which informs you about power
- Perfect for beginners
- Recommended for podcasts and vocals
- Microphone keeps going in and out during streaming after a few months of use
3. Blue Snowball iCE Condenser Microphone, Cardioid
When it comes down to spice up your YouTube recordings and you don’t know the right type of microphone for doing that then you should count on the Blue Snowball ICE condenser microphone as it will improve your recordings.
This microphone isn’t only designed for improving recordings but also for creating podcasts, recording vocals as well as adding narration to movies.
One impressive feature of this highly rated microphone is it provides you with crystal clear audio for FaceTime, messages and Skype.
You would also find it very easy to use as all it requires is for you to plug to your PC or MAC directly without requiring any drivers for installation.
- Delivers crisp and amazing sounds
- Also used for gaming
- Windows recognizes this microphone instantly
- Well built
- Doesn’t eliminate ambient noise
- Stopped working after a few months of use
2. Blue Yeti USB Microphone – Blackout Edition
You can make use of this microphone for podcasting, musical instruments, vocals, field recordings, interviews, voiceovers and conference calls.
One of the features that make this microphone widely sought after today is its 3 condenser capsule which allows you to record at any time regardless of the situation.
Using the Blue Yeti USB microphone allows you select from any of its patterns such as the stereo, omnidirectional, bidirectional and cardioids patterns while its zero latency output, mute button and gain control button makes the operation quite easy and less stressful.
- Also ideal for communicating during video games
- Best in streaming radio stations
- A different color gets delivered than the color ordered for
- Microphone stopped working after a few months of use
1. AKG 3101H00420 P220 Vocal Condenser Microphone
The AKG P220 vocal condenser microphone for vocals is designed bearing reliability, performance and versatility in mind and whether you need this microphone for mixing right in your home or capturing sounds in the studio, be rest assured that this microphone is well designed to handle any task thrown at it.
Using this highly rated condenser vocal microphone ensures that you would obtain great sound anywhere thanks to its unique features like bass roll-off switch, switchable attenuation pad and cardioids pickup pattern.
It also boasts of rugged and solid construction which ensures it takes over any stage.
Other notable accessories include a spider shock mount and an aluminum carrying case.
- Ideal for creating and writing demos for home projects
- Clear audio quality
- Would sound great on acoustic guitars and vocals
- Features a unique frequency spectrum
- Can be used as a gift item
Conclusion – What You Should Know
After going through this review, we hope that you would be able to find the best microphone for vocals that would suit your home or studio and be rest assured that the models listed in this review are well designed to suit your vocal needs.
Feel free to go for any of the models listed above as they are well designed to bring out the best of any vocals.