- What Are Compressor Pedals And How They Work
- Why Bass Compressors Are Necessary
- 5. MXR M102 Dyna Comp Compresor Pedal
- 4. Joyo JF-12 Voodoo Octava Guitar Pedal
- 3. MXR M87 Bass Compressor Pedal Bundle w/4 FREE Cables
- 2. JOYO JF-10 Dynamic Compressor Guitar Effect Pedal
- 1. Donner Compressor Pedal Ultimate Comp Guitar Effect Pedal
- Other Reliable Bass Compressor Products Include:
- 2. MXR M87 Bass Compressor
- Final Verdict – What You Should Know
What Are Compressor Pedals And How They Work
Compressor Pedals are musical equipment that ensures a stable sound while a bassist plays and not only does it guarantee stable sounds but it also ensures the elimination of unwanted spikes which do not go in line with tones.
Why Bass Compressors Are Necessary
A bass compressor is a must-have for any guitarist or bassist as it would produce an effect that the crowd and the player would feel and fall in love with. Playing with smooth sounds is quite important and that is where a bass compressor comes in and one added benefit that comes with owning a bass compressor which most people tend to argue about is it also helps you sound like a professional even if you just a beginner.
However, you need to select a good bass compressor pedal that would deliver great functionality and last for a long time and in order to help you achieve that, take a walk with us as we show you the best bass compressors that we have rounded up just to make the search easier for you:
5. MXR M102 Dyna Comp Compresor Pedal
Not only would this powerful compressor pedal deliver clicky and percussive sounds but it would also deliver that superb tone that would thrill or wow any crowd and some of the vital features that this pedal comes with include; compression circuit, Nashville studio sound, sensitivity control, 9-volt battery or Dunlop ECB003 AC adapter and many more.
If you want the ideal compressor pedal that would boost sustain with stable dynamics then the MXR M102 compressor pedal is the perfect choice for you and it is well designed to produce clicky and percussive sounds while you play the guitar.
- Produces large sounds and works great with reverbs and delays
- Improves tone and helps to boost sustain
- Produces a lot of noise while you play
- A little bit disappointing as it comes with no tuner
4. Joyo JF-12 Voodoo Octava Guitar Pedal
One major benefit that comes with using the Joy JF-12 Voodoo octave guitar compressor pedal is it enables you to add both distortion tones and octave sounds and unlike other compressor pedals which don’t last long, this well-built compressor pedal will last for a long time as it boasts of a stove varnish finish and an alloy casing which promotes durability for long-lasting use.
Using this tool ensures that you will easily boost octave sounds as well as adding some fuzz and spice to your tones and this, in turn, provides every guitar player with numerous options to play with.
Whether you are into rock, funk, blues, jazz, country and even fusion playing, you can trust the Joyo JF-12 Voodoo Octava guitar pedal to help you boost your creativity and play in harmony tones.
- Ideal for budget players
- Produces awesome sounds
- Top-quality product
- Terrible bass sounds
- Invisible octave sounds
3. MXR M87 Bass Compressor Pedal Bundle w/4 FREE Cables
This compressor pedal comes well packed in a lightweight, durable aluminum housing and it also produces a full dynamic range that will continue to shine until the signal gets to its compression unit.
Featuring a new set of controls like ratio, release, attack, output ad input, the MXR M87 bass compressor pedal is one of the top-rated pedals that you would find readily available today and one impressive feature of this top-rated pedal is it offers you outstanding performance and lots of headroom thanks to its Constant Headroom Technology.
- Comes with top quality cables
- Delivers tight sound with less noise
- Superior control levels
- Easy to use
- Recommended for bass pedals
- Great and fast delivery service
- Bad quality control
2. JOYO JF-10 Dynamic Compressor Guitar Effect Pedal
If you are searching for an ideal bass compressor guitar effect pedal that would play a huge role and handle the responsibility of providing you with a crystal clear and ideal tone then the JOYO JF-10 dynamic compressor guitar effect pedal is certainly the right choice for you as this high-quality product is tested and certified in delivering top quality tones.
Durability was taken into consideration when designing this top-quality pedal as it boasts of a stoving varnish finish combined with an alloy casing which ensures long-lasting use as well as improving outlook while one impressive feature of this highly-rated bass compressor pedal is its true bypass design which guarantees minimal tone loss.
This high-quality compressor pedal is designed using level, attack and sustain knob which ensures you obtain a favorable tone while its attacked can be tweaked so as to boost pickups.
- Has great value
- Delivers great sounds
- Recommended for professional use
- Difficult to dial in
- Feels cheaply made
1. Donner Compressor Pedal Ultimate Comp Guitar Effect Pedal
This top-quality bass compressor pedal comes with a powerful circuit that has similar properties to that of electric guitar and delivers great results over any variety of playing styles while its true bypass design ensures that you obtain a transparent tone whenever you play.
The Donner compressor pedal guitar effect pedal comes with a tone, compressor and T. level knob which allows you to dial in your preferred sound and it also boasts of two normal modes of operation such as the treble and normal compression.
Not only is this pedal stable and strong but it also boasts of a durable aluminum alloy metal construction which guarantees long-lasting use.
- Recommended in cleaning up sounds and producing brighter sounds
- Fast delivery service
- Delivers more tones than expected
- Has a simple yet effective design
- Doesn’t produce enough compression
- Produces hiss sounds at higher levels
Other Reliable Bass Compressor Products Include:
1. TC Electronic SpectraComp Bass Compressor Bass Compression Effect Pedal
Perfectly tuned to provide users with the best and deep bass sounds, the TC electronic SpectraComp bass compressor is also one product that can be trusted and relied on and its ultra-compact and portable size makes it easy to move about with. its compact design also tends to make it quite attractive while one reason why it is widely used today is because of the fact that it is tone print enabled which paves way for custom and signature effects.
Unlike other complex bass compressors, this is one that every user would find quite easy to work with and thanks to technologies like MD3 multiband dynamics and studio processor 6000 system, this compressor will produce natural and even sounds.
- Simple design
- Generates clean sounds
- Awesome tone print function
- Stopped connecting with phone applications
2. MXR M87 Bass Compressor
With the MXR M87 bass compressor, maximum control over some of its unique features like output, input, release, attacks and other notable features is guaranteed and one impressive feature that makes this bass compressor stand out from the rest today is its innovative in-built constant headroom technology which makes a way of lots of headroom.
No matter how energetic the moment is, with the MXR M87 bass compressor, there is every guarantee that this compressor would retain its character and its tons of surprising features ensures that rich and deep bass sounds are produced. its constant headroom technology also makes way for clear and clean performance and thanks to its strong aluminum housing, this compressor would withstand tough and vigorous use.
- Produces high bass sounds
- Easy to use
- Works as described
- Fast delivery service
- Versatile and transparent
- Easy to follow instructional manual
- Bad quality control
- Performance reduces over time
3. Compressor Guitar Pedal, Mini Effect Processor Fully Analog Circuit Universal for Guitar and Bass
Featuring an adjustable range, true bypass design and a fully analog circuit, this Compressor guitar pedal is certainly one of the products that can be trusted and reliable too and durability is guaranteed when talking about this compressor pedal as it made using top quality aluminum alloy material which promotes long-lasting use.
Despite its mini design, this compressor would sure bring the spark to any party and one impressive feature which isn’t found on most compressors is its LED indicator design which helps to keep you informed on the status effect.
Another impressive feature that makes it stand out from the crowd is the fact that it comes with anti-skid rubber pads found at its back which helps in getting rid of friction as well as helping to promote stability during use.
- Produces good sound
- Recommended for beginners
- Impressive design
- Produced some annoying noise
- Isn’t as reliable as expected
4. Electro-Harmonix Bass Preacher Bass Compressor/Sustainer Pedal
Specially designed for use with bass guitars, the Electro-Harmonix bass preacher compressor makes use of powerful low frequencies and a high dynamic range in producing rich and deep bass sounds and it is one bass compressor that every bassist would fall in love with as it boasts of easy to adjust controls which plays a huge role in improving the dynamic qualities of any guitar or even taking them to a better and higher level.
This bass compressor is well designed to generate amazing and crystal clear bass sounds and this contributes to why it is widely used and acceptable by bassists worldwide.
- Helps in adding sustain
- Produces amazing sounds
- Nice bass compressor
- Easy to use
- Decent and simple design
- Tends to distort easily
- Doesn’t sound amazing as described
5. Wampler Pedals Mini Ego Compressor Effects Pedal
Featuring a true bypass design, the Wampler Pedals compressor pedal is one which would also produce amazing bass sounds and this compressor pedal which is designed in the United States Of America is made using high-quality components that are well known and trusted for their ability to produce an amazing response and impressive sounds.
This is one compressor pedal that is recommended for every guitar player as it comes with a new level of control which other pedals available on the market today lack while its five control blends are as follows; attack, tone, blend, sustain and volume.
- Transparent and clean
- Smooth sounding pedal
- Top-quality construction
- Pops loud
- Its loud tone drains the battery
What does a compressor do bass?
What is the best compressor for bass guitar?
Is a bass compressor necessary?
What does a bass preamp pedal do?
Final Verdict – What You Should Know
All the bass compressor pedals listed in this review are popular among customers, would deliver great value for your money and you also rest assured that you won’t consider getting a replacement anytime soon as they are well designed to last for a long period of time.
The Donner Compressor Pedal Ultimate Comp Guitar Effect Pedal maintains the number one spot in this review as it delivers great compression more than any other pedal available today but you should also note that you won’t go wrong by purchasing any of the pedals listed in this review as they are well constructed to deliver amazing tones that would help you wow and entertain any crowd.
- CHT Constant Headroom Technology for clear, clean performance
- True bypass
- 10 gain-reduction status LEDs
- Its CHT Constant Headroom Technology gives you plenty of headroom and clear performance
- The totally transparent M87 Bass Compressor allows your full dynamic range to shine through until your signal reaches the compression threshold, which is indicated by the ten highly visible gain-reduction status LEDs
- This Compressor pedal is picky power supplies, it works only with isolated power supplies, please don't use power adapters, otherwise it will make noise.
- Effect pedal specially designed for bass guitar application.
- The ATTACK and SENSE functions give it a strong compression, transparent tone and a clear articulate sound production.
- Aluminum alloy shell,durable and stable,True Bypass Design, no tone loss.
- Powered by AC adapter or Battery (neither included), A battery cable included.
- 10 gain-reduction status LEDs
- Attack, release, ratio, input, and output controls
- CHT Constant Headroom Technology for clear, clean performanc
- Lightweight, tough aluminum housing
- Pedalboard-friendly footprint
- ControlsPedal switchTHRESHOLD knobRATIO knobRELEASE knobLEVEL knobIndicatorCHECK indicator (Serves also as battery check indicator)GAIN REDUCTION indicatorConnectorsINPUT jackOUTPUT jackDC IN jackPower SupplyAlkaline battery (9V, 6LR61) or Carbon-zinc battery (9V, 6F22)AC adaptor (sold separately)Working Voltage: 18 VCurrent Draw: 90 mAExpected battery life under continuous use (These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.): Alkaline: Approx. 3 hoursDimension
- Interactive internal processing enables users to dial in sophisticated multiband compressor settings with simple stompbox controls
- Professional 18-Volt input electronics provide ample headroom for any bass, ensuring clean and punchy sound with no distortion
- High-resolution gain reduction indicator shows the current compression amount at a glance
- Studio-quality multiband compressor - perfectly tuned for bass
- Tone print enabled - for a world of signature and customizable effects
- Ultra-compact design
- True bypass