Talking about music; people are trying to properly enjoy the existing ones and create beautiful new tunes. One major instrument that is truly loved by millions of men and women across the world is the acoustic guitar. This is a powerful musical instrument that charms through its lyrical pleasure and delightful tunes.
There are certain things that need to be considered while choosing the right acoustic guitar for yourself or your loved one:
- 5. Fender Acoustic FA-115 Dreadnought
- 4. Jasmine S35 Acoustic Guitar
- 3. YMC 38″ BLUE Acoustic Guitar Starter Beginner Package
- 2. Martin Smith 38″ Black Acoustic Guitar Starter Package
- 1. Crescent MG38-CF 38″
The style of the guitar is very important
The style of music loved by the person while choosing the acoustic guitar for beginners is very important so as to decide the right guitar that will help achieve the style of guitar music desired.
You can decide to go for the wood-based guitar or a guitar with different styles depending on your choice.
Try and experience all guitars available
Trying different brands or styles of acoustic guitar might be difficult and so it could be much easier reading the reviews and then this can help you make the right choice.
Below is a quick list of your top 5 best acoustic guitars under $150 available in the market today.
5. Fender Acoustic FA-115 Dreadnought
With its full dreadnought body that gives it a full and vibrant tone, the Fender FA-115 Acoustic Guitar is designed for all types of music genres. It has a rosewood fingerboard with 20-frets and dot inlays, Rosewood Bridge with a bone saddle and a spruce top that is laminated.
This guitar bundle contains everything required to start playing right out of the box; Fender acoustic guitar, polishing cloth gig bag, tuner, picks, strings, instructional DVD and strap. The guitar offers a choice of practical and convenient features that will have the new guitarist playing in no time, producing that warm, vibrant, acoustic Fender sound, and all at a great price.
The bundle contains everything a new guitarist requires to start on a good note. Whether it’s to hang out and learn some great tunes or to get the ladies, this pack is ideal for children and teenagers. It is also perfect for adults searching for an inexpensive, quality, way to start a new hobby.
With just a slight tuning of this guitar, you can jump right into playing. It is called a guitar for beginners, but it looks nice and produces great sounds. The gig bag doesn’t give so much protection to the guitar and does not have an extra external pocket for smaller accessory storage, but it has some light padding and will be perfect for storing it in the house. If you are planning on taking your guitar around, to guitar lessons for instance, then you may want something sturdier.
4. Jasmine S35 Acoustic Guitar
This is a nice playing, nice looking and nice sounding guitar. As a guitar player, if you are looking for an affordable guitar, or you want to present a loved one with a gift or intend to learn, this is just the perfect choice. You can’t go wrong with this one. It really is an exceptional value and stays in tune pretty well.
Also, if you are new to guitar or just want something inexpensive to travel with, this will do just fine. It looks beautiful too. This guitar has laminated Nato sides and back, tuning machines covered with chrome, spruce top, satin finish and a Rosewood fretboard. It is the perfect guitar for a beginner.
The strings, on the neck, are quite low. They have to be pushed far to the neck, with some guitars, others buzz frequently on the frets with the strings being so close. Fretting a string isn’t painful because the strings are close together.
I don’t think you are missing a lot by choosing this guitar over the model that is a bit more expensive, although the other model has a cutaway for access to the higher frets and also looks sleeker.
My advice would be to get a professional set up if you are using this guitar. You can do this for a small fee or for free at most shops. Tuning can be a little difficult but once the strings are tuned correctly, it will work properly making it a great starter guitar for fresh students.
3. YMC 38″ BLUE Acoustic Guitar Starter Beginner Package
This guitar offers you all the things required to start playing at a reasonable price! Learn how to play the acoustic guitar and start playing like a professional now! This is just the perfect choice for all beginners. This acoustic guitar comes standard with only one strap pin located at the heel of the lower bout. It has a plastic bridge and is worth its price. The body shape is good and the sound produced is clear.
No doubt it’s not the best instrument in the world, but for a new player, it seems perfectly good. This is not an expensive guitar and it doesn’t have much clearance between the thicker strings and the frets.
2. Martin Smith 38″ Black Acoustic Guitar Starter Package
With complete wood construction, strings, and a glossy finish, the Black 38” acoustic guitar is made to deliver amazing sound. It is made with a nineteen fret fingerboard and a tuner that is quite easy to use. This guitar is intended for right-handed users. It is the perfect kit for up and coming musicians.
This complete guitar pack contains a pick, case, pitch pipe, extra replacement strings and a shoulder strap. No assembly is required and it is ready for use straight out of the pack. It includes all the features needed to start your guitar playing.
It is designed for both budding and professional musicians. Every strum produces a stellar sound. This acoustic guitar has an overall dimension of 38 inches (L) x 3.25 inches (W) x 14 inches (H) and weighs 4.7 lbs. It comes in black color and its case material is nylon.
It produces a nice, rich sound and is definitely worth its price. Its strings are light and the guitar package also comes with extra strings for replacement. The 38″ Black Acoustic Guitar is scaled down a little bit and this makes it easier for kids to grasp.
But then I must also add that the tuners are not so precise and maybe the string slips as well, so be prepared to have to tune it every time you play.
1. Crescent MG38-CF 38″
This 38 Inch Acoustic Guitar Set made of wood design is Ideal for Beginning Students. It has steel strings and wood frame. The set consists of Full Set of Gig Bag, Extra Strings, Pick Guard, carry strap, Pitch Pipe Tuner, and Guitar Pick. It is 38 inches long and is probably the most common and versatile type of guitar. Its bright and loud ringing tone reaches the listener clearly.
This guitar is the cornerstone of several bluegrass and country band. Its stylistic palette covers many genres from new age, hot bluegrass, to Country Blues, “unplugged” rock and jazz fusion. It has tuning Pegs made of Steel and Brass which makes tuning easy and keeps the tuned string in place.
Doing a tuning on the guitar can bend the neck backward, making it almost impossible to tune, but when you tune the guitar, say down to an octave, the strings become quite easier to press and this is very important for young beginners just starting to learn to play chords.
It has smaller joint materials on the inside thus making it lighter, smaller and easy to move around. Overall, it is a good product and very reasonably priced
- ALL-INCLUSIVE GUITAR SET: Beginner acoustic guitar set comes complete with a strap, capo, digital tuner, polishing cloth, set of 4 guitar picks, and additional strings
- FULL-SIZE BODY: Comfortably designed with a 41-inch, user-friendly body perfect for both beginning and experienced guitarists
- BRIGHT, RICH SOUND: Play like the pros, as this guitar's dreadnought body and cutaway design contribute to a vibrant tone suitable for all styles of music
- USER-FRIENDLY FINGERBOARD: High-quality fingerboard includes 20 brass frets with position marks at each side of the 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, 12th, 15th, and 17th frets
- CARRYING BAG INCLUDED: A foam padded nylon gig bag protects your guitar from damage in storage or on the road
- COMPLETE ALL-IN-ONE GUITAR KIT: No need to purchase any additional accessories, this all-inclusive set comes with an e-tuner, case, black strap with pick holder, extra strings, 6 picks, capo, cloth
- ULTIMATE BEGINNER & INTERMEDIATE GUITAR: This handcrafted acoustic guitar is designed with a classic shape, elegant finish, and features a beautiful rosette for a modern acoustic look
- FIT FOR ALL AGES: Playing guitar is easy with 7 accessories, and a classic acoustic guitar shape for a comfortable experience, perfect for teenagers and adults alike
- CLASSIC DESIGN: Guitar has been upgraded with a closer proximity between the fretboard and strings, reducing finger fatigue so you can jam out for hours
- EASY TO PLAY: Learning to play on this guitar is easy with nylon strings that are easier to hold down, reduce damage on the guitar bridge, and stay in tune, producing a beautiful tone while playing; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 17"(L) x 4.3"(W) x 38"(H)
- Dreadnought body style
- Spruce top with "X"-bracing, basswood back and sides
- 20-fret walnut fingerboard
- Hardwood bridge with compensated saddle
- Gloss finish
- Features a Spruce Top
- Laminated Nato back & sides.
- Satin Finish
- Chrome covered Tuning Machines
- Rosewood Fretboard
- Beginner acoustic guitar; ideal for young musicians and newbie strummers alike
- Smooth curves and a slim easy-to-play mahogany neck
- Spruce and okoume construction for eye-catching beauty, long-lasting strength, and rich acoustic sound
- Includes extra strings, picks, a tuner, a strap for playing when standing, and a carrying case for secure storage and transport
- Measures 41.7 by 16.1 by 4.7 inches; weighs 3.9 pounds; backed by an AmazonBasics 1-year limited warranty