Streaming has become a very accessible commodity due to certain devices that allow it. In 2021, streaming has become the number one source of TV entertainment in the United States.
Services such as Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime are probably names you’ve heard of and use. However, we mentioned that devices exist that allow you to stream your favorite shows and movies.
In this article, we are going to give you an extensive review of these devices, discuss their capabilities, and what makes them stand out from the rest.
Without further ado, let’s start.
1. Roku Streaming Stick+
The Roku Stick+ is a device that gives users access to thousands of applications for a very affordable price. Amazon is the service that Roku works best with since it allows access to exclusive Amazon content.
With more than 5,000 channels and dozens of features, the Roku Stick+ makes home entertainment accessible and easy. The device works wirelessly, has excellent signal, 4k HDR capabilities, and a fully customizable interface. One thing that the Roku Stick+ could improve is the search option.
2. Google Chromecast – 3rd Generation
The Google Chromecast is entering its 3rd generation with probably the most impressive streaming device Google has ever made.
The Chromecast 2 is a far better option for home entertainment than previous versions due to a number of reasons.
Firstly, it possesses an unprecedented library and intuitive interface that makes browsing a piece of cake. The design is something that, unfortunately, Google hasn’t managed to address since a lot of users find it boring and uninspiring, which is surprising for a company of Google’s standards.
But, Chromecast 2 is 15% faster than previous generation streaming devices and comes with a lot of functionalities and features. You can connect the Chromecast 2 with your smartphone and watch shows and movies on your TV straight from your phone. You can highlight and save videos and shows to watch later, as well as, an extensive on-screen menu that makes navigation easy.
Another thing that the Chromecast 2 is missing is a 4K HDR video quality setting. Fortunately for all of you 4K users, you can get the Google Chromecast Ultra instead.
3. Nvidia Shield TV
Nvidia is a company that all of you gamers know. You might not love their GPU prices, but the Nvidia Shield TV is something that everyone can get behind.
One thing you’ll instantly notice is the rounded design that resembles a JBL Bluetooth speaker. The design is highly praised for the Nvidia Shield TV.
But if the design doesn’t convince you that this is one of the best buys you can make, then the UHD 4K capabilities certainly will. What the Nvidia Shield TV also offers you are thousands of app to download, a remote controller with extensive how-to-use support, and hundreds of options for content.
The highest praised feature of this device is the fact that there is no better for streaming gaming-related content. As with any Nvidia product, a huge downside is a fact that is can be somewhat expensive.
If you’re interested in streaming the latest movies and TV shows from your new streaming devices, then all you have to do is find the right service. For the best possible selection of content, make sure to watch here.
4. Amazon Fire TV Cube
Amazon isn’t a stranger to this industry and they’re making huge moves to be one of the leaders in it.
Their latest plan is to make the streaming world fully accessible and compatible with their long-line of products. So, because of it, Amazon has created the Fire TV Cube to be competitive in the streaming market.
The Fire TV Cube offers you hundreds of channels and is fully compatible with Alexa. It bolsters 4K HDR capabilities and an extensive library that will satisfy your needs for home entertainment.
The device is super-fast thanks to a new processor that makes commanding literary instantaneous. Another highly praised feature is the lively interface that makes browsing quite enjoyable.
If there is one negative thing we could say about the Amazon Fire TV Cube is the fact that it is quite expensive compared to the others on this list. The Amazon Fire TV Cube and the Nvidia Shield TV fall in the same category of price, compared to the others.
5. Dish AirTV Player
If you ever wanted to stream live TV such as Sling TV than the Dish AirTV Player is the device you need in your life.
This piece of joy bolsters more than 600 channels that all come in HD quality. It also has an extensive library and access to hundreds of apps that make home entertainment more enjoyable.
One thing that doesn’t go in its favor is the poorly designed remote control. The confusing navigation is also a negative trait for the Dish AirTV Player, but the robust Sling TV options make up for it.
6. Apple TV 4K
It was only a matter of time before Apply got into the streaming device game.
The Apple TV 4K, as the name says, bolsters 4K capabilities that fans absolutely love. It is also one of the few that actually have a fully integrated iOS platform setting.
Simply said, if you’re an Apple user, then this is the box you need in your life. You can connect it to your already existing Apple ecosystem to watch iTunes, shows, movies, and videos.
You can download your full library and integrate every app you own on your Apple phone to make the experience more enjoyable. It is fully compatible with AirPlay and even Siri gets in on the action. It bolsters an impressive, and very accurate, voice search that few have implemented.
But if we’re waxing lyrical on how great it is, why have we ranked it the lowest on this list? Simply said, the Apple TV 4K is only for Apple users. If you don’t have an iOS phone or laptop then there is no point in buying it. Also, it is the most expensive device on this list.
- Cinematic experience - Watch in vibrant 4K Ultra HD with support for Dolby Vision, HDR, and HDR10+.
- Home theater audio with Dolby Atmos - Feel scenes come to life with support for immersive Dolby Atmos audio on select titles with compatible home audio systems.
- Endless entertainment - Stream more than 1 million movies and TV episodes from Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+, Peacock, and more, plus listen to millions of songs. Subscription fees may apply.
- Live and free TV - Watch live TV, news, and sports with subscriptions to SLING TV, YouTube TV, and others. Stream for free with Pluto TV, IMDb TV, YouTube and more.
- Alexa Voice Remote lets you use your voice to search and launch shows across apps. Plus, control power and volume on your TV and soundbar with a single remote.
- Wireless that goes the distance: Basement rec room Backyard movie night Bring ‘em on. The long-range wireless receiver gives you extended range and a stronger signal for smooth streaming even in rooms farther from your router
- Brilliant picture quality: Experience your favorite shows with stunning detail and clarity—whether you’re streaming in HD, 4K, or HDR, you’ll enjoy picture quality that’s optimized for your TV with sharp resolution and vivid color
- Tons of power, tons of fun: Snappy and responsive, you’ll stream your favorites with ease—from movies and series on Apple TV, Prime Video, and Netflix, to cable alternatives like Sling, enjoy the most talked-about TV across thousands of channels
- No more juggling remotes: Power up your TV, adjust the volume, mute, and control your streaming all with one remote—use your voice to quickly search across channels, turn captions on, and more in a touch
- Setup is a cinch: Plug it in, connect to the internet, and start streaming—it’s that simple
- Brilliant 4K picture quality: Stream in HD, 4K, and HDR with sharp resolution and vivid color optimized for your TV
- Smooth wireless streaming: Now featuring dual-band wireless, enjoy a smooth streaming experience with faster wireless performance, even with multiple devices connected to your network
- No more juggling remotes: Power up your TV, adjust the volume, mute, and control your Roku device all with one remote
- Convenient voice control: Use your voice to quickly search across channels, turn captions on, and more in a touch
- Upgrade to Roku streaming: All of your favorite channels, like HBO Max, Netflix, and Prime Video, are front and center on the customizable home screen, plus your device is always getting better with automatic updates
- The fastest, most powerful Fire TV streaming device.
- From across the room, just ask Alexa to turn on the TV, dim the lights, and play your show.
- Control compatible soundbar and A/V receiver, and change live cable or satellite channels with your voice.
- With the built-in speaker, ask Alexa to check the weather, turn off the lights, and more – even when the TV is off.
- Access to 4K Ultra HD content, plus support for Dolby Vision and HDR, HDR10+.
- 【Upgraded Version】Based on the pain points of similar products "Very shaky. Sag slowly after a period and can't keep a position for your phone anymore", the arm of our gooseneck phone holder for bed adopts better materials and design. It has improvements in both stability and durability. Note: the long arm is not a super flexible type, which aims to add stability.
- 【Multipurpose Phone Holder】The gooseneck phone clamp mount is designed to: watch Netflix handsfree while lying in bed or sofa at home, use facetime with families when clipped on the desk, read recipes in the kitchen, taking selfies. And it also can be an overhead phone holder for video recording.
- 【Easy to Install】Featuring the adjustable clamp base varying from 0 to 2.36 inches (6cm), the cell phone clip holder can be securely mounted on the bed frame, bedside, headboard, nightstand, desk, end table and kitchen counter etc. A non-slip silicone base won't scratch the surface of your furniture.
- 【Stable and Durable】As for the 33.4 inches (85cm) bendable lazy long snake arm, high- quality Aluminum-magnesium alloy solid core makes the lazy arm sturdy enough to hold his phone firmly, yet flexible to bend in any direction to accommodate your view. It will be a lifesaver for protecting you from neck pain.
- 【Support 4-7'' Smartphones】The 360-degree phone lazy bracket is compatible with 4-7'' devices, namely almost all cell phones, like iPhone 12 13 Pro Max Mini 11 Pro XS Max XS XR X 8 Plus 8 7 Plus 7 6S Plus 6S 6 SE, Galaxy S10e S10+ S10 S9+ S9 S8+ S8 S7 Edge Note 9 8, LG, Moto, Google Pixel, Moto etc.
- Watch up to 250+ channels of live TV on the go and your entire channel line-up at home
- Connect to your home WiFi to stream your full channel line-up and your entire Xfinity On Demand library
- Watch all your DVR recordings and schedule new ones anytime
- English (Publication Language)