As technology advances, we feel more secure, but sometimes just because of that high tech, we feel like there are devices that could help people break into our homes. Home security systems are crucial for every family. This is for both when you are home and when you are on vacation and your house is empty. It is a known fact that you can buy these systems pretty much everywhere, but do you know which one is the best for your house?
Before purchasing the security system, there are a few things you need to think about. The first one, of course, is your budget. When browsing, you should not look at things you cannot afford and you should stick only to your price range. The next thing you need to think is about the size of your home. Depending on the type (apartment or house) and the size of it, you should choose one that covers all the doors and/or windows. You can also choose systems with different types of installation, so you should do good research on how you want to install it. Last, but not least, you should choose the security type depending on what you want to protect. Is it just the house, or do you want to have alarms in your garage and maybe shed? Look at all the possibilities before you decide on one type and remember that this is a life-changing decision.
To help you will all the choices, we made this buying guide. Here you can look at the best home security systems and what they can do for you:
1. ADT Home Security
The company that stands behind this security has been on the market for more than 140 years. That should say something about their quality, right?
The great thing about it is that you can choose what you want to get, starting from all the smart options, apps, even security cameras, and extra alarms. They work well combined with systems from other companies as well, so you can combine to get everything you want.
The price for this system starts from $45.99 per month and it depends on what you want and what you need. The few negative sides include that you have to get professional installation and that if you choose the basic package you won’t get the smart devices applications access.
2. Vivint Home Security
This company offers a unique possibility to build your own system. You don’t have to choose from any of the packages offered and you can get only what you need. Their services include not only smart devices but also environmental monitoring, smart cameras, and intrusion protection.
The price for the system starts at $38.99 per month and there are flexible playing options as well as flexible equipment configuration.
However, users say that if you choose this company, you don’t have the option to install the system on your own and that the equipment costs more than the one from other places. You will also have to sign a long contract if you choose the financing equipment option.
3. SimpliSafe Home Security
This is one of the cheapest services on the market and it also offers a 60-day trial to test their product and return it if you don’t like it. It works both with Alexa and Google Assistant and they have more than 3 million customers.
You can install it for only $14.99 per month, but you should know that if you choose the basic package you won’t get mobile alerts or smart home capabilities. They also don’t offer a selection of smart devices.
When you get a new security system, you can choose the company that installs it for you, and if you are looking for TV aerial Installation Newcastle as well, aerialandsatelliteexpress.co.uk suggests that you should choose a company that can provide and install all the equipment you want in your home.
4. Protect America Home Security
The company has been on the market for more than 25 years and they have numerous awards, so users say that this is one of the best companies when it comes to home security.
The price for the systems starts at $19.99 per month and they offer fire and smoke alarms, video services and smart devices. They say that the price matches the guarantee and that you will be able to control your alarm system from your smart device.
However, if you want to use this company, you will have to sign a contract and if you want to get most of the features, you will have to upgrade the plan.
5. Frontpoint Home Security
If you choose this company, you will be able to install the alarms on your own, since they don’t require you to use their services for the installation.
They have great customer service, and you don’t have to sign a contract when getting the system. You can also rent the equipment without buying it. The price for all of this starts at $44.99 per month, but you should know that if you want to get the doorbell camera as well as the outdoor one, you will have to choose some of the premium packages that cost more.
They also offer high monitoring, but it is only available with the most expensive package.
Have you ever had a home security system? What kind was it and are you happy with it? When installing it, you should always have trusted professionals set the system up. This is something that needs to be installed correctly and you want to make sure that it’s working. Check to see what the possibilities are and if you don’t use it for a while, make sure it is working when you use it again.
If you are installing some wireless alarms, you should be always prepared for things like a power outage or anything else that might make the system less secure. Ask the experts that are installing it what’s the worst that can happen, how long is the warranty and what you should do in case it malfunctions.
Having a security alarm in your home is really important because it can save you a lot of time and trouble. Did you know that burglars usually target homes that don’t have any type of alarm installed?
- A great fit for 1-2 bedroom homes, this kit includes one base station, one keypad, four contact sensors, one motion detector, and one range extender.
- Put whole-home security at your fingertips with Ring Alarm, a do-it-yourself alarm system with optional 24/7 professional monitoring with Ring Protect Plus for $10/month for 24/7 emergency police, fire and medical response when your Ring Alarm is triggered.
- Includes a more intuitive keypad with emergency buttons and smaller contact sensors to seamlessly blend into your home.
- Receive mobile notifications when your system is triggered, change your Alarm modes, and monitor all your Ring devices all through the Ring app.
- Choose the Ring Alarm kit that fits your needs and add additional components and accessories at any time.
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately); Audio not supported
- Patented 100 percent Wire Free design for easy placement anywhere and field of view 110 degree
- Night vision cameras work even in the dark
- Motion activated cameras and real time email or app notifications
- Records and alerts only when motion is detected so no battery power ever goes wasted Battery:Four Lithium CR123 Photo
- ✅WIRELESS SECURITY SYSTEM - A smart way to protect your house with tolviviov Smart Home Security System. 8-piece kit includes the 1 alarm siren station, 5 windows & door sensors and 2 remote controls. No contracts and No subscription fee.
- ✅SMART ALARM SYSTEM for Home - tolviviov Alarm Security System is an affordable solution for your apartment security. You have full control over the door alarms for home security through your smartphone Smart Life App and get instant notifications of alarms alert in your house or apartment.
- ✅CUSTOMIZATION - You can add extra door and window sensors, motion detectors, wireless doorbell, and water detectors to different rooms in your home security systems;It supports expansion of up to 20 sensors and 5 remote controls/keypads, which can be added to the WiFi alarm station.
- ✅DIY INSTALLATION - Easily set up tolviviov Wireless Home Security System in minutes without tools. The wireless connection devices does not damage the wall. The alarm station should ALWAYS CONNECT to AC adapter. The backup battery works for 8 hours, only as an emergency battery.
- ✅VOICE CONTROL and WIFI Network - Your tolviviov Home Alarm System can be easily controlled by Away, Disarm, and Home modes with your voice. Works with Alexa and Google Assistant. WIFI connection, Only works on 2.4GHz WiFi network, does NOT support 5GHz WiFi networks.
- Blink Outdoor is a wireless battery-powered HD security camera that helps you monitor your home day or night with infrared night vision.
- With long-lasting battery life, Outdoor runs for up to two years on two AA lithium batteries (included).
- Outdoor is built to withstand the elements to help you protect your home inside or out, come rain or shine.
- Get motion detection alerts on your phone with the option to customize motion zones in the Blink Home Monitor app so you’re only alerted when you need to be.
- See, hear, and speak to visitors with live view in real time and two-way audio features on your Blink app.
- 【Plug & Play and Easy Setup】The security cameras are paired with the NVR system at the manufacturing site. Just power on and serve yourself with 24/7 surveillance. Perfect for villa, home, office, shop, hotel, warehouse, school, business, or elsewhere you wish. (❤Note: All Cameras Need to Be Plugged In the Power Supply/Outlet for 24/7 Recording)
- 【Weatherproof Security Camera】Records in 1080P HD to capture crisp images, provide HD live video, ensures smooth footage day and night with 2MP security cameras. Up to 65ft Night Vision. The outdoor IP66 security cameras are rated as dust-tight and waterproof. Best choice for your outdoor home and office security.
- 【Motion Detection and Email Alert】Smart notifications with email/ snapshot alerts will be pushed to your smartphone when motion is detected via wireless security cameras. Get extra peace of mind by receiving instant alerts and get notified of what's happening by the security camera system. (❤Note: Hard Drive is not Included)
- 【Mobile Remote Viewing】Watch local video via a monitor or connect the NVR to router then download the free app into your Phone, Pad, or PC to remote access simultaneously on smart devices at any time, anywhere. Never miss out on a moment with remote or sync-playback, no matter where you are. (❤Note: Monitor is not Included)
- 【Expandable Operation and Service】Powered by H.265+ video compression technology help save hard drive space. The expandable system can support up to 8 cameras. We always stand by your side to help you if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. (❤Purchased add-on cameras: CA01 security camera)
- Ready to protect right out of the box. Just plug in the base station, place your sensors, plug in your Simplicam and start protecting your home in minutes - no tools required.
- Optional 24/7 professional monitoring and cloud recording with police, fire & medical dispatch starting at 50c/day - No contracts (SimpliSafe products and professional monitoring services are only offered for sale and supported in the US)
- Sound the alarm. Pioneering signal burst technology that is powerful enough to cover homes of every size, with up to 1000 ft. range -- no extender needed.
- The SimpliCam security camera lets you see what’s happening at home anytime from your phone, tablet or computer and comes with a built-in stainless steel shutter for complete control over privacy.
- Motion sensors detect motion within 30 feet, has a 90 degree field of vision and gets along great with pets under 50lbs. Perfect for full range coverage when placed in a corner.
- Brindle, Damian (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 121 Pages - 09/16/2019 (Publication Date) - Independently published (Publisher)